• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#161 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

Here is the link to the "Heck of a Job" song.  It's available now on MP3 download, and will be available online as soon as yesterday's show is up.  The "Heck of a Job" show starts at minute 37.  "Mike's Resume Chalet" starts at 50.  This is some of the darkest, angriest humor from Harry Shearer, who does dark and angry very very well.  Also, an actual rap from the actual FEMA website is at minute 42.  If he hadn't identified it as authentic FEMA, I would have assumed he wrote it too, it's that bizarre.  

The current program, a heartfelt tribute to the city that was his second home, is from 4 September.  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#162 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:58 PM

Here is the link to the "Heck of a Job" song.

Thanks. That's great--in a my-country-is-increasingly-surreal kinda way.

:look:
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#163 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:06 PM

Godeskian, on Sep 12 2005, 01:49 PM, said:

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 12 2005, 07:45 PM, said:

Godeskian, on Sep 12 2005, 01:24 PM, said:

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 12 2005, 07:22 PM, said:

MY GOD! You don't mean...the Conspiracy ™ has reached...wikipedia!

Is nothing sacred?  :sarcasm:

In Wikipedia one must assume that not only is nothing sacred, but nothing is sacriligious either. :p~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh no...not having that.  If the satanic conspiracy headed by George W. "evil magnetic deathrays from my eyes" Bush has reached wikipedia, then it's time for resolute action.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Conspiracy headed by bush? Hells bells, no. This is your good old fashioned pranksters conspiring on Wikipedia.

Why else would John C Mcginley's entry have once been deleted and replaced by the text. 'Dr Cox is in da house'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True...some of the TKers have done evil things to the wiki entry for TrekBBS from time to time.
The Future...Unless Things Change.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made? A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#164 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:14 PM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 12 2005, 08:06 PM, said:

True...some of the TKers have done evil things to the wiki entry for TrekBBS from time to time.

:howling: I don't know why, but I just have this image of Lisa sitting behind a PC somewhere. "They did WHAT to the TBBS entry?!?"

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#165 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:15 PM

Godeskian, on Sep 12 2005, 02:14 PM, said:

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 12 2005, 08:06 PM, said:

:howling: I don't know why, but I just have this image of Lisa sitting behind a PC somewhere. "They did WHAT to the TBBS entry?!?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More like T'Bonz.

I've seen her listed as a "washed up Tai Chi instructor," a "frustrated old cow," and several other things I can't mention here but aren't taxable in most states.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made? A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#166 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 12 2005, 08:15 PM, said:

More like T'Bonz.

I've seen her listed as a "washed up Tai Chi instructor," a "frustrated old cow," and several other things I can't mention here but aren't taxable in most states.

Sorry, I haven't kept track of who is supposed to be in charge of that website, and washed up Tai Chi instructor? I have a hard time how anyone can be a washed up Tai-Chi instructor given that my first Tai-Chi instructor looked like he was about a hundred and sixy

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#167 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

Spectacles, on Sep 12 2005, 10:58 AM, said:

Here is the link to the "Heck of a Job" song.
Thanks. That's great--in a my-country-is-increasingly-surreal kinda way.

:look:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're welcome.  Can't wait till you get to hear "Mike's Resume Chalet."  :rolleyes:  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#168 Anarch

Anarch
  • Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

FWIW, the Wikipedia entry on the post-election recounts are pretty much accurate AFAIK, with the caveat that it's been a few years since I cared enough to keep track of the details.

#169 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:23 AM

Yes, Anarch, they're pretty much accurate.

#170 T'Bonz

T'Bonz
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:15 PM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 12 2005, 03:15 PM, said:

More like T'Bonz.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Darlin', do you REALLY think I give a damn about the wiki entry? ;)

It made me smile.  Then I moved on to something else more interesting.

I've never done Tai Chi (or taught it), I'm not old nor a cow (I'm sure some would debate that :D) and generally if you want to be accurate, you would just use the catchall "bitch" term.

Just clarifying. Carry on. :)

:ninja: <--- cute graemlin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Bush Administration, FEMA, Brown

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users