#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

http://www.fema.gov/kids/

Maybe they should've read their website.  :eek2:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:43 AM

um...I don't get it.  What's wrong?
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#3 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be FEMAites.

This is the part that worried me...  

Welcome to FEMA for Kids! I'm Herman, the spokescrab for the site.

A spokescrab?

I'm scared to even go look at the Department of Health and Human Services webpage now.  I'm scared I'll see some cartoon spirokeet saying, "Hello, I'm Phyllis the Spokes-Clap Bacteria, reminding you kids to always wear your raincoat!"

Herman the Spokescrab, and his ol' pal Brownie the spokescrap.  Amazing.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#4 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

Is it 'Chertoff' or 'Chertof'?  I tend to get a little freaked out when the spelling can't even stay consistent.  (See 'About'.)

Also, I wonder what the 22 different agencies that were brought into Homeland Security were?  Huh.  Maybe they accidentally put part of the Dept of Education and the loan/grant programs in there too?  :devil:  *rimshot*  

(Sorry, sorry.... cynical mood right now.)
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, FEMA

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users