92 replies to this topic

#1 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:45 PM

http://drudgereport.com/flash.htm

Celebrity anti-war protester, fresh off inking a lucrative deal with Speaker's Bureau, has demanded at the HUFFINGTON POST and MICHAEL MOORE'S website that the United States military must immediately leave 'occupied' New Orleans.

"I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I donÕt care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they donÕt fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest."

Yep... I thought she was nuts before... this pretty much proves it, IMHO.

Corwin
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

#2 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:51 PM

Well, I am not a big fan of Sheehan, but I do question your source and the context of which this was taken from.
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#3 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

Ah, yes.  Sludge again.  The fellow who had it down as 100% certain that Hillary Clinton was going to be John Kerry's running mate.

Let's see if this shows up in a news source, as opposed to a right-wing propaganda rag.
Posted Image

#4 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:05 PM

waterpanther, on Sep 16 2005, 09:02 PM, said:

Ah, yes.  Sludge again.  The fellow who had it down as 100% certain that Hillary Clinton was going to be John Kerry's running mate.

Let's see if this shows up in a news source, as opposed to a right-wing propaganda rag.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you settle for left-wing propaganda?

It is most certainly on Moore's website.

http://www.michaelmo...ndex.php?id=503

Furthermore, she's now claiming that if Bush read the Bible and listened to Christ then...

If George Bush truly listened to God and read the words of the Christ, Iraq and the devastation in New Orleans would have never happened.

Wow...a new way to blame Bush for something.  I'm flabbergasted.

Looks like freaks of a feather flock together.

Edited by CoyoteUgly, 16 September 2005 - 09:10 PM.

The Future...Unless Things Change.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made?A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#5 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

Indeed it is.  But so is this vital bit of context which Sludge and his fans see fit to omit.  Follow link above.

One thing that truly troubled me about my visit to Louisiana was the level of the military presence there. I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them. But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs. I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me. Sand bags were removed from private property to make machine gun nests.

The vast majority of people who were looting in New Orleans were doing so to feed their families or to get resources to get their families out of there. If I had a store with an inventory of insured belongings, and a tragedy happened, I would fling my doors open and tell everyone to take what they need: it is only stuff. When our fellow citizens are told to "shoot to kill" other fellow citizens because they want to stay alive, that is military and governmental fascism gone out of control. What I saw today in Algiers lifted up my spirits, but what I also saw today in Algiers frightened me terribly.

If George Bush truly listened to God and read the words of the Christ, Iraq and the devastation in New Orleans would have never happened.

Wow...a new way to blame Bush for something. I'm flabbergasted.

Looks like freaks of a feather flock together.

Demonstrate, using the words of Christ, how she is wrong.
Posted Image

#6 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:18 PM

Oh no...I didn't drag Jesus into this...she did.

Doesn't matter what Drudge left out.  The original flow of this thread was "OMG...it's on Drudge...it's probably not even true!"

Well, there it is...right on King DingDong's website.

To paraphrase the Great Skinofevil: I'm going to a dog pound, find me the mangiest, bowlegged b!tch I can get my hands on...name it Cindy Sheehan...beat the living crap out of it...drive it to San Francisco and kick it out.  If it comes back, I'll shoot it.

[Note to mods: this is not a description of violence against CS...merely violence against a mangy, bowlegged b!tch.  No anti-war protesters were harmed in the making of this post.]

Edited by CoyoteUgly, 16 September 2005 - 09:22 PM.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made?A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#7 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

I think it would be helpful to show Sheehan's statements within the broader context.  She was in Louisiana giving aid and distributing medical supplies.  Most of her message talks about what she saw and experienced down there.

September 16th, 2005
A Bright Spot in Bush World

Amid the Miserable Failures on the Same Planet
A Message from Cindy Sheehan

It has been one month and one week since I sat in a ditch in Crawford, Tx. I can hardly believe it when I think of it myself. So much has happened in that time, and really, so little.

I got to Camp Casey III in Covington, La today, after getting up at 3am to head for the airport. Now it is 3am the next day and we are driving in a car to try and find a hotel to sleep anywhere around Jackson, Miss. I was prepared to be shocked by what I saw in Louisiana, but I guess one can never really fully prepare for such devastation and tragedy. After living in a country your entire life it is so difficult to see such callous indifference on an immense scale. When I reflect on how the mother of the imbecile who is running our country said that the people who are in the Astrodome are happy to be there, it angers me beyond comparison. The people in LA who were displaced have nice, if modest homes that are perfectly fine. I wonder why the government made them leave at great expense and uproot families who have been living in their communities for generations.

After we arrived at Camp Casey III, we took the Veterans for Peace "Impeachment Tour Bus" into New Orleans after stopping at the distribution center to pick up some supplies in Covington. The stench and the destruction are unbelievable. I saw some hurricane zones in the panhandle of Florida last year that were pretty bad but that couldn't have prepared me for this.

I saw in the paper that George Bush said the recovery in the Gulf States would be "hard work." That's what he said about sending troops to Iraq and looking at the casualty reports everyday: "It's hard work." That man has never known a day of hard work in his life. The people on the ground in Covington scoffed at George's little junket to Louisiana yesterday. He stayed in the French Quarter and a Ward that weren't even damaged a bit. The VFP took me to the city of Algiers on the West Bank. The part of Algiers we went to was very poor and black. The people of Algiers know what hard work is.

Algiers had no flooding. All of the damage was from winds. There are trees knocked over and shingles off of roofs. There are signs blown over and there was a dead body lying on the ground for 2 weeks before someone finally came to get it. Even though Algiers came through Katrina relatively unscathed, our federal government tried to force (mostly successfully) the people out of the community. Malik Rahim, a new friend of ours and resident of Algiers, told us stories of the days after the hurricane. The government declared martial law, but there was no effective police presence to enforce it. Malik said the lawlessness was rampant. People were running out of food and water and they were being forced to go to the Superdome. They didn't want to go to the Superdome, because their homes were pretty intact: they wanted to stay and have food and water brought to them. A town of 76,000 people dwindled down to 3,000. The die hards were rewarded last Wednesday when the VFP rolled into town with food and water. The Camp Casey III people were the first ones to bring any relief to Algiers. The people who were supposed to look after its citizens, our government, failed them.

In Algiers, in the space of 2 short weeks, Malik and his community has opened a clinic which also doubles as a food and supply distribution center. We need more help in Algiers. Malik and the other dozens fine volunteers are planning on opening 2 more clinics in Algiers and Malik would dearly love someone to give him a flat bottomed boat so he can go to the flood drenched poor communities that still have not been helped and bring them food, supplies, and medical attention. Medical professionals are dearly needed. Malik has also set up a communications center in an apartment next to his house which is for the community to use. The aid that is being given in Algiers is completely driven by the needs of the community. They have a saying in Algiers: Not Charity, Solidarity.

The citizens of Algiers desperately needed help and hope before the hurricane. When I think of how many other poor neighborhoods are being decimated and made so desperate and hopeless by the failed policies of the Bush administration, it makes me so angry. But when I see what the people of Algiers are doing to help themselves and the people of America are doing to help them help themselves, it gives me hope. I think Algiers can be a model for all of our communities.

One thing that truly troubled me about my visit to Louisiana was the level of the military presence there. I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them. But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs. I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me. Sand bags were removed from private property to make machine gun nests.

The vast majority of people who were looting in New Orleans were doing so to feed their families or to get resources to get their families out of there. If I had a store with an inventory of insured belongings, and a tragedy happened, I would fling my doors open and tell everyone to take what they need: it is only stuff. When our fellow citizens are told to "shoot to kill" other fellow citizens because they want to stay alive, that is military and governmental fascism gone out of control. What I saw today in Algiers lifted up my spirits, but what I also saw today in Algiers frightened me terribly.

The people who are running the clinic in Algiers gave me a list of desperately needed supplies:

Blood pressure medication---properly packaged.
Allergy medication---properly packaged
Vitamin B
Pens, paper, sharpies, index cards
Glucometers and test strips
Full O2 tanks
Power strips and extension cords
Non-DEET insect repellent
Mini bottles of Hand Sanitizer
A copy machine is urgently needed
People: Call: 512-297-1049

Send supplies to:
Fed Ex or UPS
Veterans for Peace Ch 116
C/O 645 Kimbro Dr.
Baton Rouge, La. 70808

Mark them: For the Medical Clinic in Algiers

The children in Algiers have also been out of school. Malik would like to open a school and they need school supplies and teachers.

I have a testimony from a Doctor that came to Louisiana to help that I will post tomorrow. The failure in every level of our government is criminal negligence. Tens of thousands of families in our country have been devastated because of the incompetence and callousness of our so-called leadership. America is stepping up to the plate to help Americans. America stepped up to the plate to hold George accountable for the abomination in Iraq. One thing George has taught us is that we are self-sufficient and we have a country that is worth fighting for and we are not going away.

I was told that Pat Boone was on a conservative radio talk show in San Francisco (yes they do exist) with Melanie Morgan (who has a vendetta against me) and he told the listeners that after we "stole the supplies" from the Red Cross, we gave them to the "enemies of America who are like the people who want to fly airplanes into our buildings." Boone says that we were giving them to enemies of America, because we were distributing the supplies from a Mosque. First of all, accusing me of stealing is slander, I think, and second of all: we were helping Americans. Just because their government abandoned them, we shouldn't feed them and give them medicine and supplies? I thought Pat Boone was supposed to be a Christian man? Thirdly, isn't Freedom of Religion one of our Constitutional guarantees?

It is a Christ-like principal to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and shelter the homeless. That's what is happening in Algiers and other places in Louisiana…but by the people of America, not the so-called "Christians" in charge. If George Bush truly listened to God and read the words of the Christ, Iraq and the devastation in New Orleans would have never happened.

I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I don't care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they don't fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest.

Here's a reality check: the "left-wing nut cases" are going all out to provide aid to Hurricane Katrina's victims.  There's Sheehan, who went down to help.  There's MoveOn, who created Hurricanehousing.org to provide listings for temporary housing.  Over 250,000 beds are now listed on this site.  Michael Moore went down to Louisiana with Vietnam and Iraq war veterans to help.

Just wanted to offer some perspective.
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#8 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

Call Me Robin, on Sep 16 2005, 09:32 PM, said:

I think it would be helpful to show Sheehan's statements within the broader context.  She was in Louisiana giving aid and distributing medical supplies.  Most of her message talks about what she saw and experienced down there.

Here's a reality check: the "left-wing nut cases" are going all out to provide aid to Hurricane Katrina's victims.  There's Sheehan, who went down to help.  There's MoveOn, who created Hurricanehousing.org to provide listings for temporary housing.  Over 250,000 beds are now listed on this site.  Michael Moore went down to Louisiana with Vietnam and Iraq war veterans to help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's all well and good, but nothing's getting quoted out of context.  CS is cashing in on what's left of her 15 minutes of fame to spit on Bush and the US government again.

Hell, I can understand her being torn up over the death of her son, but there's chemicals to help her get through that.

She called for the removal of federal troops from NO...the same troops that restored order.  She really needs to shut the hell up and go knit something.

Hmmm...what time does the dog pound open up tomorrow...?

#9 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:47 PM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 17 2005, 02:37 AM, said:

Call Me Robin, on Sep 16 2005, 09:32 PM, said:

I think it would be helpful to show Sheehan's statements within the broader context.  She was in Louisiana giving aid and distributing medical supplies.  Most of her message talks about what she saw and experienced down there.

Here's a reality check: the "left-wing nut cases" are going all out to provide aid to Hurricane Katrina's victims.  There's Sheehan, who went down to help.  There's MoveOn, who created Hurricanehousing.org to provide listings for temporary housing.  Over 250,000 beds are now listed on this site.  Michael Moore went down to Louisiana with Vietnam and Iraq war veterans to help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's all well and good, but nothing's getting quoted out of context.  CS is cashing in on what's left of her 15 minutes of fame to spit on Bush and the US government again.

Hell, I can understand her being torn up over the death of her son, but there's chemicals to help her get through that.

She called for the removal of federal troops from NO...the same troops that restored order.  She really needs to shut the hell up and go knit something.

Hmmm...what time does the dog pound open up tomorrow...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying Cindy Sheehan is a saint.  I'm just saying that this seems to be another silly right-wing hatchet job.  

Back to one crucial part of her message:

In other words, she said that the troops were more interested in stopping looters than helping people.  And, as she pointed out, the "looters" were often people looking for things they needed to survive.  (Remember the story of the grandma who was arrested for taking sausage from a deli?)  

Personally, I'm glad to see Sheehan and Moore roll their sleeves up and go help.  I don't hear about Drudge going to Louisiana.  I haven't heard about any right-wing
organizations organizing aid and relief, except for a Republican women's group.  In this tragedy, the "left-wing nutcases" have been among the first to pony up.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#10 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

funny how when liberals go someplace to help and make a statement on the state of affairs they saw get called nutcases by people who don't go down and do the work.

They're certainly not all saints, but their not all completely loose screws either.  I don't have to agree with all her views, but I am going to say she's doing a good thing by going down their herself and helping.  Far more useful than staying at home cooked up on drugs while knitting, or whatever other useless thing one of her critics decides she ought to be doing.
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#11 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:08 PM

Nikcara, on Sep 17 2005, 03:03 AM, said:

funny how when liberals go someplace to help and make a statement on the state of affairs they saw get called nutcases by people who don't go down and do the work.

They're certainly not all saints, but their not all completely loose screws either.  I don't have to agree with all her views, but I am going to say she's doing a good thing by going down their herself and helping.  Far more useful than staying at home cooked up on drugs while knitting, or whatever other useless thing one of her critics decides she ought to be doing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true.

I remember during the tsunami, Hollywood's, uh, "liberal elite" were writing out checks for millions of dollars, while Michael Savage snarled that we had no business doing so and Rush Limbaugh complained about a victim wearing an Osama bin Laden t-shirt.  And before that, during 9/11, all those liberals giving money and doing telethons.  Heck, Muhummad Ali visited Ground Zero.  I don't think Limbaugh ever visited Ground Zero.  It doesn't sound to me like conservative pundits are doing very much--if anything--to help.
--Aristotle

--Eric Hoffer

#12 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:10 PM

Well I'll see you lunitic fringe and raise right wing hatchet job. Both sides here are pitching.

Also I would go but dad just get out of the hospital silly thing having real world concerns. Or those folks who are actually down there who think Cindy is a looney guess they do not count in the world of the wise and all knowing liberals.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#13 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:12 PM

Cindy Sheehan is full of crap, and thirty seconds of hard thought will prove that.

One thing that truly troubled me about my visit to Louisiana was the level of the military presence there.

Oh, so now it's too much.  Ok...  :sarcasm:

I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them.

Yeah, that's what the Guard was doing there in the first place...if you paid attention Cindy.

But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs.

As an ex-soldier, my first reaction was WTF?  Patrols of 7?  7?  What the hell is that?  If she said 10 or 11, then I would have said "oh that's a squad."  Either she can't count, or she's making it up.  I don't care which it is....no such animal as a MOUT patrol of 7...or at least there wasn't when I was in.

Additionally, weapons slung on the back mean they're not expecting trouble.  Weapons at the ready on patrol would mean they expected something.  Apparently Cindy's just freaked out by weapons and uniforms.  PTSD, I understand, can reach survivors.

I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me.

Tell them you're Cindy Sheehan.

Sand bags were removed from private property to make machine gun nests.

Assuming she doesn't know what a machine gun is...she probably saw a few M60s...which aren't machine guns, but automatic weapons.  An occupation force patrolling to keep order would mount them on Hum-vees, not keep them in a static position like a "machine gun nest."  If she meant an actual machine gun, like a M2 .50 caliber...those are forbidden for use against people...only vehicles and equipment.  So unless the outlaws are now driving armored vehicles, I seriously doubt Cindy even saw a machine gun. The occupation of Berlin was 50 years ago...times and tactics have changed.

Newsflash Cindy:

1.) Food and supplies are now finally being brought in...no one needs to loot to survive.
2.) Maybe you didn't read the news closely after the hurricane hit, but shoes and TVs are not necessary to survive.  Maybe you think they are, but they're not.
3.) I may have missed it myself, but I've not yet heard of any looters being shot.  I've heard of some thugs attacking workers being shot by the police, but looters?  Haven't heard that one.  Or have the evil Bush Nazi-deathrays dulled my sense of thinking?  (Really, has anyone heard or looters being shot?  I honestly have not heard about it.)

I repeat: this is a sad old hag's last few seconds of fame, and she's thrown in with that asswart Moore in a last pitiful attempt to spit more venom at the man she thinks killed her son.

Edited by CoyoteUgly, 16 September 2005 - 10:32 PM.

#14 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:19 PM

Y'know, it would be nice if some of the right-wingers did what Cindy Sheehan and Michael Moore did and go down to the Gulf Coast to volunteer their time.

Just think--people will remember Cindy Sheehan was there for them to give them food and supplies.  They'll remember Michael Moore was there for them.  

It's too bad that no prominent right-wingers appear to be making the trip down south.
--Aristotle

--Eric Hoffer

#15 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:29 PM

Call Me Robin, on Sep 16 2005, 10:19 PM, said:

Y'know, it would be nice if some of the right-wingers did what Cindy Sheehan and Michael Moore did and go down to the Gulf Coast to volunteer their time.

Just think--people will remember Cindy Sheehan was there for them to give them food and supplies.  They'll remember Michael Moore was there for them. 

It's too bad that no prominent right-wingers appear to be making the trip down south.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be interesting, except: I just searched the websites for CNN, FOX, and MSNBC through their search functions...and I can't find a damn thing about either Moore or Sheehan going anywhere near NOLA.  Nothing.  The only place I've seen it mentioned is on Moore's site.

You'd think the media would mention something like that...don't you?

Don't you?

#16 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:34 PM

Now she wants the national guard, who is finally NOW helping people, to pack up and leave????

You know what...I'm all for her freedom of speech. The more she opens her mouth, the more she proves what a nut job she really is...and, sadly, the more she disgraces her son's memory.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#17 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:37 PM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 17 2005, 03:29 AM, said:

Just think--people will remember Cindy Sheehan was there for them to give them food and supplies.  They'll remember Michael Moore was there for them. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be interesting, except: I just searched the websites for CNN, FOX, and MSNBC through their search functions...and I can't find a damn thing about either Moore or Sheehan going anywhere near NOLA.  Nothing.  The only place I've seen it mentioned is on Moore's site.

Don't you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has been covered in online/print media.  Seek and ye shall find...

Look here.

And here.

Also, look here.  The story is about another mom who lost a son in Iraq, but if you scroll down, the article mentions: "As we talked, Sheehan's pre-march bus tour was rolling through Louisiana, headed to deliver aid to New Orleans..."

Moore is working with Veterans for Peace to provide relief aid.  More on that here.  

There are many, many organizations doing relief work in the Gulf Coast that get little, if any, media attention.  It doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Edited by Call Me Robin, 16 September 2005 - 10:45 PM.

--Aristotle

--Eric Hoffer

#18 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:55 PM

Call Me Robin, on Sep 16 2005, 10:37 PM, said:

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 17 2005, 03:29 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has been covered in online/print media.  Seek and ye shall find...

Look here.

And here.

Also, look here.  The story is about another mom who lost a son in Iraq, but if you scroll down, the article mentions: "As we talked, Sheehan's pre-march bus tour was rolling through Louisiana, headed to deliver aid to New Orleans..."

Moore is working with Veterans for Peace to provide relief aid.  More on that here.  

There are many, many organizations doing relief work in the Gulf Coast that get little, if any, media attention.  It doesn't mean that they don't exist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh...now I know why the major medias didn't even report it.  The tour bus went down there for one day and dropped some stuff off.  You're right.  That wouldn't get a lot of attention...since it's so common place.

As to prominent rightwingers not wading in...I can't speak for them since I'm not one, but I'd suspect they did the same thing I did: donate.  Clean out the closets, empty the bank account, go buy some diapers, but leave the relief efforts to pro organizations like RC who know how to do it.

I personally doubt, though, Sheehan even saw half of what she claims she saw...as I pointed out above.

#19 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:03 PM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 17 2005, 03:55 AM, said:

Oh...now I know why the major medias didn't even report it.  The tour bus went down there for one day and dropped some stuff off.  You're right.  That wouldn't get a lot of attention...since it's so common place.

As to prominent rightwingers not wading in...I can't speak for them since I'm not one, but I'd suspect they did the same thing I did: donate.  Clean out the closets, empty the bank account, go buy some diapers, but leave the relief efforts to pro organizations like RC who know how to do it.

I personally doubt, though, Sheehan even saw half of what she claims she saw...as I pointed out above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're making assumptions that just aren't true.  Go to the Veterans for Peace web site.  They're working with Moore and Sheehan, and they talk about what's going on.  It's all right there.  Just because one does not approve of what Sheehan's doing doesn't mean

As for your explanation, perhaps the right-wingers are being more quiet, but they're being kind of quiet on the subject of Katrina in general.  They're not encouraging people to donate or go to the Gulf Coast.  They're carrying on like it's still August 2005, and their main priority is trashing someone who now has other things on her mind--like maybe helping others.  

Kinda sad.
--Aristotle

--Eric Hoffer

#20 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:10 PM

Call Me Robin, on Sep 16 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

You're making assumptions that just aren't true.  Go to the Veterans for Peace web site.  They're working with Moore and Sheehan, and they talk about what's going on.  It's all right there.  Just because one does not approve of what Sheehan's doing doesn't mean

No I'm not making assumptions.  It's plain from her little diatribe she doesn't know what she's talking about.

BTW, I didn't say I didn't approve of what she's doing...if she's actually doing anything...I said she's milking what little celebrity she has at the moment to attack Bush.

As for your explanation, perhaps the right-wingers are being more quiet, but they're being kind of quiet on the subject of Katrina in general.  They're not encouraging people to donate or go to the Gulf Coast.  They're carrying on like it's still August 2005, and their main priority is trashing someone who now has other things on her mind--like maybe helping others. 

Kinda sad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now who's making assumptions?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Troops

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users