• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:56 PM

Allen disagree with Nagin's plan to start repopulating city within a week

I concur, I know Nagin wants to get the city back on it's feet and the good times rollin again as soon as he can, but I think his timetable is a bit much.

#2 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:26 PM

Everyone coming back into the city is getting the 'Enter At Your Own Risk' warning.

#3 UoR11

UoR11
  • Islander
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:38 PM

Well, letting people back into the city will help everyone find where the broken parts are, so I can see it. Some parts of the city, notably Algiers, are basically intact, and it'll help take the stress off the surrounding areas.
Yes, I am an economist. Yes, I do frequently sing "Can't Buy Me Love". No, I don't see any contradiction there.

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:48 AM

It may take the stress off of knowing what condition their homes and possessions are in but what about having drinkable water and phone service--so they can call for help if there is a problem?

There has to be some basic necessities of living especially in this modern time when most folks are unable or unwilling to do without drinkable water etc

I'm wondering how much of this rush is about getting life back to normal and how much has to do with the possibility of folks choosing to make new lives elsewhere?

The longer they are away form New Orleans, the more they build a new life in their new towns...and are less likely to return to New Orleans.

It would be easier to rebuild the city with those who were living there before the storm than to try to rebuild with all new people....who are likely to not want to move there until conditions are much better...and thus rebuilding will take much more time

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Politics in NOLA, Ray Nagin

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users