81 replies to this topic

#1 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:09 AM

Sorry, this is too funny to pass up, typical George Bush   :D

BBC
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#2 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:26 AM

I suspected Condie's really running the show, but this proves it. ;)
The Future...Unless Things Change.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made? A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#3 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:25 AM

I love the way he signed it 'W'.

That story just sums up his childishness - any other world leader there would ignore urges and be polite and carry on with something more important. Kinda shows that he wasn't actually paying any attention to what was going on.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Noticed my avatar and sig changing? Yours can too with the random sig imager!

#4 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:54 AM

Let me see ... he is in a meeting filled with monarchs, presidents and prime ministers.  He really needs to go to the bathroom but he doesn't want to appear rude or insult one or more of these important people by just getting up and leaving the room.  Maybe he should have just leaned into his microphone and said, excuse me ladies and gentlemen, but I have to urinate.  Please hold this discussion until I return.  Or maybe he should have sat there and squirmed in his chair until the end or a break was called.  Maybe he should have just waited until his bladder burst.  Maybe he was just hoping Ms. Rice could come up with something to help him make a graceful exit to the men's room without an international incident being made of it.  

I know, I'm a Bush supporter, but to be fair, I do support all persons being allowed to pee in peace without being ridiculed for needing to do so.

#5 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:54 AM

I can't quite believe i'm about to defend Bush.

I understand that the President going anywhere is quite a production. Secret service needs to be able to check places for security, garantuee that no dangerous lunatics are lurking about and so on. Somehow I can't imagine that the president himself is directly in charge of making sure that happens.

So given that even in the UN, the US president going to the bathroom does require activity from far more people than just the US president himself, isn't it reasonable for him to ask about the feasability of arranging it, without insulting the person giving the speech, and not giving the head of his SS detachment a heart-attack?

I mean, amongst all the legitimate things to slam bush for, this seems very petty.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#6 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:04 AM

But you'd think he would know that he can't just walk out of his chair during a  huge meeting and go for a pee, or at least write a note when he should be paying attention to what is going on.

However, having said that, they might not have been in the middle of anything, so I suppose my comment was rather hasty, and for that I apologize.

Edited by Fragsta, 18 September 2005 - 08:05 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Noticed my avatar and sig changing? Yours can too with the random sig imager!

#7 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:02 AM

I was once told that Prince Philip said "never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom." Sounds like nobody told Bush.  He should visit the men's rooms before important meetings.  Still, it happens.  Can't totally fight nature.  I'll give him a pass on this one.

Themis
Cats will never be extinct!

#8 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:03 AM

He was probably not familiar with the process to ask for a break and was asking Ms. Rice what that was.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#9 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:22 AM

I guess if he was having poor health Bush's critics would go after that. After all all's fair. But when those who support the President reply in kind we get attacked for being unfair.

Got to love the two faced standards.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#10 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mr Bush has attended several functions at the UN before. It would seem that at this point he would know when/how to use the men's room. If you look around at the sheer numbers of vips attending, there must be some protocol as to how one handles a full bladder.  Besides, you would think that a man in his second term of office, who attends many functions, would know how to get to a bathroom without possibly offending someone. Nope, apparently not.

nutmeg

#11 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:51 PM

You'd think he'd just wait until a speaker finished and make his way out under cover of the applause, just as you do at a theater or conference.  And surely with that many VIP's in attendance, the loos are under permanent guard, not to mention the corridors.

On the other hand, there are bathroom breaks and bathroom breaks.  Maybe Condi keeps the blow in her compact.   :devil:
Posted Image

#12 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:55 PM

I'm sure the President does know the drill for going to the potty in such circumstances.  Maybe asking the Sec. of State to arrange it is the procedure.

Still, it is an unfavorable commentary on the media that the President needs to pee is news and the people who would ridicule him for needing to do so.  May they find themselves in a similar situation and may there be film on it at 11 -  "Denny's employee wets britches while pouring coffee at table 6 - 'Not break time' employee explains."

#13 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:59 PM

waterpanther, on Sep 18 2005, 06:51 PM, said:

On the other hand, there are bathroom breaks and bathroom breaks.  Maybe Condi keeps the blow in her compact.   :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have any proof that the President or the Secretary of State uses illegal drugs or is in personal possession of same?  Or is this just a smearing tactic through slander?

#14 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:05 PM

Smear Campaigns and Waterpanther are two things I often suspect are linked togethere.

Edited by G1223, 19 September 2005 - 04:05 PM.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#15 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:07 PM

Proof?  No.

But we do know that Bush was--and since he's never gone into recovery, remains--cross addicted to alcohol and cocaine.  We also know that the likelihood of relapse is extremely high without rehabilitation, particularly for persons under stress. Bush continues to exhibit the outward signs of alcohol abuse in the spreading "gin bloom" on his face and the characteristic facial tic known as "coke jaw."  If you don't care to draw the obvious conclusions from those facts, don't.  Others will.
Posted Image

#16 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:15 PM

waterpanther, on Sep 18 2005, 07:07 PM, said:

Proof?  No.

But we do know that Bush was--and since he's never gone into recovery, remains--cross addicted to alcohol and cocaine.  We also know that the likelihood of relapse is extremely high without rehabilitation, particularly for persons under stress. Bush continues to exhibit the outward signs of alcohol abuse in the spreading "gin bloom" on his face and the characteristic facial tic known as "coke jaw."  If you don't care to draw the obvious conclusions from those facts, don't.  Others will.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Without proof, it is slander.  What is that quote again about hating the people one wrongs?

#17 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:15 PM

And their proof of the continued abuse is their fevered imagination and desire to bad mouth.

TANSTAAFL

#18 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:31 PM

eloisel, have you any proof that he has given up either drug?  If not, you are speculating, with very little evidence to support your conclusion and the stats not in your favor.  Speculating, I might add, about the stability of the man with his finger on the nuclear button.  Remember Nixon's binges and Kissenger's instructions that all orders from the President had to be cleared through him? Perhaps you're comfortable with the American people exposed to the kind of risk a drunken addict in the White House poses.  I'm not.
Posted Image

#19 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

Yeah and you came up with this just now because you got caught bad mouthing Bush and are now trying to defend it.

No one is going to come up with proof that the guy is not drinking since the President himself has said he's not. Now if someone actully came forward from his staff or cabinet or from a circle of his friends and said yeah he's off the wagon. Then I might see some merit.

But simply taking your word for it ain't good enough. As you have no access to the President or the above groups of people.

TANSTAAFL

#20 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

waterpanther, on Sep 18 2005, 07:31 PM, said:

eloisel, have you any proof that he has given up either drug?  If not, you are speculating, with very little evidence to support your conclusion and the stats not in your favor.  Speculating, I might add, about the stability of the man with his finger on the nuclear button.  Remember Nixon's binges and Kissenger's instructions that all orders from the President had to be cleared through him? Perhaps you're comfortable with the American people exposed to the kind of risk a drunken addict in the White House poses.  I'm not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

waterpanther, unless you have proof that he is using either drug, then you are slandering when you offer up your speculation to support your conclusion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GW Bush, Bathroom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users