• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:21 PM

Aurelius, on Sep 20 2005, 02:37 PM, said:

Ye Gods....how we got from President Bush needing to pee to drink-driving accidents is beyond me!! Just shows the way threads can meander.

This is one time that I would have nothing but sympathy/praise for Mr. Bush. I think that he handled the situation very well.

The way I see it, he had 3 options
1. He could have tried to ignore the urge and carry on with the business at hand, as at least one poster has said- Wrong move....I know from experience (teaching a class  :blush: ) how utterly hard it is to concentrate on anything if your bladder is screaming at you.

2. He could have got up, walked out, did the necessary and come back - Wrong- he's one of the key players here...there is constant attention on him. It isn't possible for someone of his visibility to simply walk out under the cover of applause or anything and not be seen.

3. He could write a note, so that an aide could find a way for him to subtly leave the room, such as requesting a short recess.- Right move-  It's polite, it's careful and above all it's quiet and unobtrusive. I think that he handled himself well ( no pun intended).

Course, those are the relatively civilised options. Worse case scenario, he could have gone right then and there and hope noone would notice.....now how's that for a mental image for ya!!!!!!  :eek4:  :eek4: :D :D

I'm not a Bush supporter, but I find it disgusting that just because the man had to fulfill one of the most basic human needs, people should automatically assume the worst....drink and drug problem. That's gutter thinking...something I'd hoped everyone here was above.

Aurelius

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He could have done what people often do in business meetings and said" may we take a 10-minute break?"
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#82 Enkanowen

Enkanowen
  • Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

I dislike Bush but c'mon people! You are just falling for newsmongering. Notes are passed at these functions all the time. Remember, he had to go to the bathroom; he wasn't asking if he should bring up whether or no they should nuke Iran or anything like that. This isn't conroversial. It is utterly silly. Even if you are against Bush, this really isn't as earth shattering as you want it to be. Don't worry, soon enough he'll give us something else to groan about. Until then, we should really not nitpick such unimportant things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GW Bush, Bathroom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users