• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#21 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:08 AM

While I shall refrain from comment in this thread about the subject matter (for the good of the thread, believe me), let me just offer a welcome and hello, LoP's Bro...any member of the most excellent LoP's family is certainly a welcome addition to ours. :)

#22 deMona

deMona

let's put you on a stamp

• Islander
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:10 AM

For something to be accepted as church doctrine it really must follow these criteria: 1) did Jesus teach it, 2) was it practiced in the Book of Acts and 3) Was it taught in the epistles?

I believe differently.  I believe in Scripture with the Tradition handed down orally by the Apostles, which is as biblical as anything.   where in scripture is the doctrine of sola scriptura preached?

and eep!  i neglected to welcome you, LoP's Bro!  WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

Edited by deMona, 20 September 2005 - 01:15 AM.

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Ni!' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

#23 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:29 AM

MuseZack, on Sep 19 2005, 11:47 PM, said:

LoPs Bro, on Sep 20 2005, 04:15 AM, said:

deMona, on Sep 19 2005, 08:54 PM, said:

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 19 2005, 02:00 AM, said:

Since salvation is made available to all humankind, and obviously humans have lived and died since the time of Christ who have not heard the Gospel, what avenue of salvation from Hell do these individuals have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the catholic chuch teaches this:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

-  ccc 847

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately that is not what the Bible, and Jesus teach. Thanks for your imput.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hold on there, pardner.  It's not like there aren't Biblical passages that support a broader and less legalistic (for lack of a better term) definition of who gets into heaven-- one based as much on intention as on doctrinal obedience.  

"For it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified. When Gentiles who have not the Law do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law. They show that what the Law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."-- Romans 2:13-16

And  

"Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then every man will receive his commendation from God" -- 1 Corinthians 4:5

Now, you may not believe this particular line of reasoning, but it's not like the Church manufactured it from whole cloth.  

A Franciscan priest explains the Catholic perspective a heck of a lot more eloquently than I could here:

http://www.americanc...999/wiseman.asp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zack you're more on the mark based upon your link.

The problem with a literal interpretation of the Bible is this: many scriptures taken as doctrine for various churches are rather short and don't expound upon the theme as they should.  Thus, you get interesting conundrums like "who's going and who ain't."

Stuff like this has prompted theological debate for centuries.  John Wesley, who taught a quadralateral method for approaching theological questions looked at it this way: the first authority is Scripture.  Where Scripture is silent on the matter, or doesn't fully answer the question then the second authority is church tradition (due to the fact that men of the cloth are theoretically led by the Holy Spirit to make appropriate decisions).  If tradition cannot cover it, then experience comes in.  If that fails, then reason is the last recourse.

Wesley followed the Arminian theology on this subject and expanded it into a wonderful concept through use of the quadrilateral method.  He believed, and I feel he was correct, that humankind cannot approach God on his/her own.  In fact, all denominations teach that.  But since God loves all of us and wants us to know Him and repent of our sins, He's provided an avenue for our approach, and that's call prevenient or "providing" grace.  It's a gift from Him, and without it we could never even to begin to approach God and know Him.  This is followed by two other types of grace: saving grace and sanctifying grace, but the first is relevant to what we're talking about right now.

Incidentally, what LoPsBro is talking about is Calvinist in nature.  Just wanted to make that point.

The villager in the Amazon jungle, say 1200 AD by our calendar, who has never heard the Word of God, never heard of Jesus, is...by Calvinist doctrine...doomed to Hell.  Period.  However, we know this not to be true, since God says He's known each of us since we were in the womb, and that it is His will that no one (understand this) suffer damnation.  What an interesting conundrum we have here then.

How does this ignorant savage avoid Hell...a ticket, btw, he has no knowledge of?  Prevenient grace touches each and every human being throughout time...it's God basically saying "Hey come here."  All human beings instinctively understand there is a higher power responsible for their creation.  That's prevenient grace at work.

That native, so long as he understands the basic message that God loves you, wants you to love him, and for you to love your fellow man and care for him and Him, has a better shot at Paradise than the most learned Bible thumper ever to roll out of a seminary or (shudder) Bible college.

Jesus taught that He came not to do away with the Law, but to fufill it, and he taught that the greatest commandment was to love God totally, and the second was to love your neighbor as you love God.  People who practice this will know God on the other side.  

Just to tie up some loose ends: once a person has been exposed to the gospel of Christ and the good news that He was the bodily fufilment of the Law and that He died for our sins, he either must accept the gift that Christ has given/is giving...or all bets are off.  Once that person dies without accepting Christ as his savior...ouch! That's hot!!! Accepting Christ is the reception of saving grace and so long as a person continues to hold onto that saving grace, he's no longer in danger of Hell.  LoPsBro was right when he said that denial of the Holy Spirit is the one sin that cannot be forgiven, because the person who has heard the gospel must now either deal with the Holy Spirit tapping on his shoulder or walk away.

Sanctifying grace, btw, is the grace of God that allows us to grow as Christians.  Can't just sit on your butt for the rest of your life, you know...but that's a whole other sermon. ;)

To say that people who were never exposed to the Gospel of Christ due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time are doomed to Hell is...how should I put this?...spiritually immature.  That's why, LoPsBro, I asked some roundabout questions, and my $100,00 hot tamale question in the back of my mind was: did you, in fact, know what you were talking about.  I certainly got my answer.

Edited by CoyoteUgly, 20 September 2005 - 01:34 AM.

The Future...Unless Things Change.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made?A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#24 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:48 AM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 20 2005, 07:29 AM, said:

To say that people who were never exposed to the Gospel of Christ due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time are doomed to Hell

It does seem rather cold for a God who says he loves us all.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#25 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:06 AM

Wow, Coyote, that was very well said.

I personally feel that the man Jesus was a personification of a spirit.  And being a spirit, mortal limitations do not exist for it.  That this spirit can touch through time and space and culture.

Kind of like when the Vorlon exposed itself on Babylon 5.  Each alien species saw that spirit as the avatar of their planet/species.  

So, in my mind  a spirit that omniscient could touch someone in the past, the present or the future if they were tuned in and open to such contact.

If love is the glue of the universe, how use could it be?  How else would a loving being treat the souls it oversees?

Hell to me is a human state of mind, cut off from this spirit.  Knowledge of which is known through the heart that has no verbal language, but has the language of love.  A closed heart truly is a heart in hell.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#26 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:00 AM

First welcome Bro!  LOP is one of my favorite people.

I guess this isn't really a "Bible" question as a question about faith, Christianity, and a perception I have (maybe incorrectly) of Christianity being rather...I guess unforgiving is one word though maybe not precisely...

Anyway:  In your opinion, can one walk in and benefit from the grace of God (or whatever omnipentent being they  agree with) without being Christian?

Lil
Posted Image

#27 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:40 AM

First things first - welcome, LoP's brother!

Second...

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 20 2005, 02:29 AM, said:

Zack you're more on the mark based upon your link.

The problem with a literal interpretation of the Bible is this: many scriptures taken as doctrine for various churches are rather short and don't expound upon the theme as they should.  Thus, you get interesting conundrums like "who's going and who ain't."

Stuff like this has prompted theological debate for centuries.  John Wesley, who taught a quadralateral method for approaching theological questions looked at it this way: the first authority is Scripture.  Where Scripture is silent on the matter, or doesn't fully answer the question then the second authority is church tradition (due to the fact that men of the cloth are theoretically led by the Holy Spirit to make appropriate decisions).  If tradition cannot cover it, then experience comes in.  If that fails, then reason is the last recourse.

:eek: :eek: :eek:  I grew up in the Methodist church...was confirmed at age 12 - and am stunned to see that I remember this!  Fondly, even! Thank you very much, CU for this synopsis.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#28 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 20 2005, 02:29 AM, said:

The villager in the Amazon jungle, say 1200 AD by our calendar, who has never heard the Word of God, never heard of Jesus, is...by Calvinist doctrine...doomed to Hell.  Period.  However, we know this not to be true, since God says He's known each of us since we were in the womb, and that it is His will that no one (understand this) suffer damnation.  What an interesting conundrum we have here then.

How does this ignorant savage avoid Hell...a ticket, btw, he has no knowledge of?  Prevenient grace touches each and every human being throughout time...it's God basically saying "Hey come here."  All human beings instinctively understand there is a higher power responsible for their creation.  That's prevenient grace at work.

:eek:  

I'm sorry for eeking all over the thread.  Its just that every now and then I happen to get glimpses of how I came to be me... this happens to be one of those moments.  I've believed that through all of my various and sundry travels - learned it in the Methodist church though. :)

To say that people who were never exposed to the Gospel of Christ due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time are doomed to Hell is...how should I put this?...spiritually immature.  That's why, LoPsBro, I asked some roundabout questions, and my $100,00 hot tamale question in the back of my mind was: did you, in fact, know what you were talking about.  I certainly got my answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's something that irks me about the phrasing of this paragraph... but nothing I can point to directly.  Instead, I'll just say what it makes me feel like pointing out - which is that Bro has a view of the scripture that differs from John Wesley's.  There isn't anything wrong with that...

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#29 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:07 AM

First, glad to help you with some self-discovery.  That's always a good thing. ;)

QueenTiye, on Sep 20 2005, 09:46 AM, said:

There's something that irks me about the phrasing of this paragraph... but nothing I can point to directly.  Instead, I'll just say what it makes me feel like pointing out - which is that Bro has a view of the scripture that differs from John Wesley's.  There isn't anything wrong with that...

QT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, of course, they have different viewpoints...there are over 36,000 different denominations of Christianity ya know....and even within one church congregation you'll find people who feel differently about different things.

However, the viewpoint of "everyone else is going to Hell" theologically is too simplistic to be accurate.  Scripture time and time again assigns Hell for those who refuse to do God's will.

And how am I to face the odds, of man's bedevilment and God's, I a stranger and afraid in a world I never made?A.E. Housman (1859-1936)

#30 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:20 AM

There was an interesting poll of Americans' religious beliefs a while back.  Here's one of the most interesting questions asked:

Can a good person who isn't of your religious faith go to heaven or attain salvation, or not?" Results were:
Group           Yes, they can attain heaven No, they cannot attain heaven
Evangelical Protestants: 68%                                 22%
Other Protestants        83%                                    10%
Roman Catholics        91%                                     3%
Non-Christians         73%                                     3%
American population 79%                                    12%

It's fascinating that even a large majority of evangelical protestants take a rather expansive view of who gets into heaven.

The folks at religioustolerance.org have a really cool site that gives answers of a lot of different Christian denominations to these questions.  Their FAQ on the different ideas of who gets saved and how is at http://www.religious...rg/salvatio.htm .
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#31 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

MuseZack, on Sep 20 2005, 10:20 AM, said:

Roman Catholics        91%                                     3%

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the most interesting one to me...were I to guess, I would have said the No percentage would be higher.  Hmmm. :eek4:

#32 Natasha Bennett

Natasha Bennett
  • Demigod
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

Questions, questions...okay, here's mine:

1) Will Priests who practice his holy name daily yet play with underaged boys go to heaven or hell?

2) Conversely, will Canadians live on a higher plane in heaven because our thoughts are usually considered less impure then others?  ;)

3) What about all the people who believe in other religions besides Christianity? Will they all be swept under the rug when the time comes? 'Cause you know, their belief doesn't matter!   :whistle:

4) Will people who have um, rated R stuff before marriage go to hell or just serve detention?

5) And people who don't know or believe in God?

6) What about people who don't go to Church?

7) Who exactly is going to be left when the dust settles?   :alien:

#33 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 20 2005, 03:39 PM, said:

Roman Catholics        91%                                     3%

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the most interesting one to me...were I to guess, I would have said the No percentage would be higher.  Hmmm. :eek4:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given the Catholic emphasis on works as well as faith, as well as Pope John Paul II's well-publicized outreach efforts to other faiths, it seems pretty reasonable.  I guess Mel Gibson, who thinks his own Episcopalean wife is going to hell for not being part of the Church, is in the other 3 percent.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#34 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

MuseZack, on Sep 20 2005, 10:41 AM, said:

CoyoteUgly, on Sep 20 2005, 03:39 PM, said:

Roman Catholics        91%                                     3%

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given the Catholic emphasis on works as well as faith, as well as Pope John Paul II's well-publicized outreach efforts to other faiths, it seems pretty reasonable.  I guess Mel Gibson, who thinks his own Episcopalean wife is going to hell for not being part of the Church, is in the other 3 percent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I was going on the Catholic Church's history, but given the recent climate and changes made, I tend to agree.

As to Mel's wife...  :eek4: ...I thought she was Tridentine Catholic as well!

Edit to add: Topaz, I'm sure the Answer Man will be by to give it to you straight.  I have my own answers...especially to 1 and 2... but this isn't my thread. ;)

Edited by CoyoteUgly, 20 September 2005 - 10:48 AM.

#35 Cyncie

Cyncie

Cool Daddio!

• Islander
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

Welcome LoPsBro!  I'm frankly glad to see a religious thread that's not just another excuse to bash those who believe. I hope this leads to a genuine exchange of viewpoints.

Excellent summary of Wesleyan doctrine, CU. As a good Wesleyan Methodist myself, I have to say that this is precisely my own view of God and His relationship with Humankind.

Denominations have been debating the literal meaning of scriptures for thousands of years. Everyone's doctrine can be supported by proof texts, and you can go around in circles on this forever. Rather than getting bound up in literalism, I have chosen to take a "big picture" approach, myself. God created us for a relationship with Him. That relationship was broken by humanity's own choice. Since then, God has been in the business of reconciling humankind to Himself. The completion of that reconciliation is found in the person of Jesus, who embodied God's Spirit and made the atonement necessary to repair the breech.

The drive to save everyone from Hell seems to emphasize the wrong thing, to me.  "Turn or burn" theology stresses judgment as God's motivating force. I don't think that's accurate. The scripture emphasizes God's love and says He desires that no one be condemned.  Jesus himself emphasized the relational motivation of God when he said "No one comes to the Father except by me." That idea of God as loving parent was a radical one for that time... one that revealed, to me, the true nature and motivation of God.

How God deals with those who have not been given the opportunity to accept the fullness of His revelation in Jesus is, I believe, known only to God. Paul says we are held accountable to the knowlege of God that we've been given, regardless.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.  (Romans 1:20)

But, if God's motivation for all He has done is love of His creation, then I feel I can rest assured that His response to those who have not heard the fullness of the truth will be a loving one.

Those who actively reject Jesus, however,  are also rejecting the relationship to God He embodies. They continue to be separated from God by their own choice, and whatever comes from that, comes.

Just a little addendum. I think much of the world's rejection of the message of Christ has less to do with the message itself, and more to do with the clumsy approach of the messengers. God Himself gives us the freedom to choose or reject Him. He does not try to force Himself on us, so we who represent Him cannot and should not force Him on others. We are called to be God's witnesses, not his attorneys.

~Cyn

Edited by Cyncie, 20 September 2005 - 11:14 AM.

Goodnight, Sweetheart
Well, it's time to go...

#36 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:09 AM

LoPs Bro, on Sep 20 2005, 05:34 AM, said:

I'm not condemning the Catholic Church for what they believe, they probably think that alot of what protestants, baptists, etc. believe are scripturally flawed. I am just trying to point out what the Bible actuallt says about each subject.
Thanks. I hope this shows you where I am coming from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I should stay out of this thread on most points since you're trying to honestly explain why you believe the way you do and answer questions.  BUT, how do you differentiate between protestants and baptists?  I thought baptists WERE protestants.  

Themis
Cats will never be extinct!

#37 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Harbinger of The Abyss

• Dead account
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:16 AM

Themis, on Sep 20 2005, 11:09 AM, said:

LoPs Bro, on Sep 20 2005, 05:34 AM, said:

I'm not condemning the Catholic Church for what they believe, they probably think that alot of what protestants, baptists, etc. believe are scripturally flawed. I am just trying to point out what the Bible actuallt says about each subject.
Thanks. I hope this shows you where I am coming from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I should stay out of this thread on most points since you're trying to honestly explain why you believe the way you do and answer questions.  BUT, how do you differentiate between protestants and baptists?  I thought baptists WERE protestants.  

Themis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Baptists generally consider themselves not to be Protestants, but rather a direct spiritual descendant of the original church as described in the Acts of The Apostles.

Whether this is true or not is a matter of historical debate.

Edited by CoyoteUgly, 20 September 2005 - 11:17 AM.

#38 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

Roman Catholics 91% 3%

Actually, this is not terribly surprising.  All of the "historic" denominations--the ones in the Apostolic Succession, ie., the Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox Churches--are working off two thousand years of scriptural analysis and interpretation, scholarship, theology and a very strong intellectual tradition.  Many Protestant Churches share a large part of that heritage, eg., the Lutherans and UCC.  They've all been through the "Everybody but us'n's is going to hell" phase and put it behind them.  Evangelicals, on the other hand, have a very strong Calvinist streak, and consequently have, for want of a better term, only a much younger tradition to draw on.  (Many of them also, unfortunately, have a militantly anti-intellectual streak.)  Theologically, they're about where the Catholic Church and its immediate offshoots were about five hundred years ago, and where the likes of Mel Gibson is still stuck.  But the poll shows that even they've become more open to the idea that theirs is not the only path.
Posted Image

#39 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

Well, of course, they have different viewpoints...there are over 36,000 different denominations of Christianity ya know....and even within one church congregation you'll find people who feel differently about different things.

Call me spiritually stupid, but 36,000!  :eek4: Wow. I never would have guessed.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#40 LoPs Bro

LoPs Bro
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

Topaz, on Sep 20 2005, 08:41 AM, said:

Questions, questions...okay, here's mine:

1) Will Priests who practice his holy name daily yet play with underaged boys go to heaven or hell?

2) Conversely, will Canadians live on a higher plane in heaven because our thoughts are usually considered less impure then others?  ;)

3) What about all the people who believe in other religions besides Christianity? Will they all be swept under the rug when the time comes? 'Cause you know, their belief doesn't matter!   :whistle:

4) Will people who have um, rated R stuff before marriage go to hell or just serve detention?

5) And people who don't know or believe in God?

6) What about people who don't go to Church?

7) Who exactly is going to be left when the dust settles?   :alien:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Answer to question 1: If the priest truly turns his life over to Jesus Christ and accepts Him as Lord and savior and commits hils life to Him and repents then Jesus will change him and take away his desire for under aged boys, thus he will have eternal life with God.
Answer to question 2: God doesn't care if you are Canadian, Egyptian, or Chinese. He only cares about you as an individual and what you have done with His Son Jesus Christ; accepted or rejected Him. If you have accepted Him it's off to Heaven, if not well...... hell.
Answer to question 3: Jesus said," I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." also, "Wide is the path that leads tp destruction and narrow is the way that leads to everllasting life and few there are that find it" I the Old testament we read, " There is a way that seems right to a man but the end thereof leads to death". What they believe is up to them, but I'm afraid they will be swept under. Also Christianity is not a religion but a relationship. The believer has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That is why Jesus so often calls those who follow Him friends.
Answer to question 4: "R" rated stuff won't determine if a person goes to hell or not, only if they have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior will determine. Also, some "R" rated stuff isn't all bad, only the language. The Believer has the choice to watch, or listen to, or not.
Answer to question 5: People who don't know: are you asking about if they don't know they are saved or not, or if they don't know about God? If you don't know you are saved then ask yourself."Have I accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior accepting God's free gift of salvation through Him?" If so then the Bible says you are saved and there is no reason to doubt. If you have never heard of God, then there is an inherant sense of right and wrong implanted within you, also nature testifies of His existance: Only through Jesus Christ are you saved, otherwise you are lost.
Answer to question 6: You don't have to go to church to be saved. You are saved by Jesus' atoning death and God's grace through faith, "You are saved by grace, through faith, yet not of yourselves it is the gift of God" Faith in believing what Jesus Christ did for you.
Answer to question 7: Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Religion, Christianity, Bible, Questions

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users