• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#61 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:20 AM

The Picnic is at the zoo? I thought it was at the park. A zoo is a kinda funny place to hold a wedding.  :unsure:

Rommie :cylon:

#62 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:27 AM

RommieSG, on May 11 2003, 09:07 PM, said:

The Picnic is at the zoo? I thought it was at the park. A zoo is a kinda funny place to hold a wedding.  :unsure:

I think it's at the park next to the zoo??  Gotta keep all those monkey from crashing the wedding. ;)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 12 May 2003 - 06:27 AM.

#63 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:01 AM

It is a full scale Zoological gardens..Part is a zoo..of the San Diego Zoo variety, (one of the best about in my opinion)...large tracks of land where the animals raom fre and the visitors travel through them in vehicles or walk along in enclosed walkways..ie the visitors are caged not the animals...

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/

The gardens surround the Zoo, with lake, ponds, streams, picnic areas, 'Childrens' areas, hillside open air theater, herb gardens, rose gardens, statuary, fountains,and of course the Pavillion...the perfect place for a most romantic wedding or to sit around in long summer evenings listing to a band play and watch children chase fire flies

#64 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:05 AM

Shalamar, on May 11 2003, 09:48 PM, said:

It is a full scale Zoological gardens..Part is a zoo..of the San Diego Zoo variety, (one of the best about in my opinion)...large tracks of land where the animals raom fre and the visitors travel through them in vehicles or walk along in enclosed walkways..ie the visitors are caged not the animals...
Ooh, and I was going to ask about that!!  What the zoo looks like......Shayna wants to volunteer there after awhile.  But whooo hooo for flying over and seeing the animals.  Now that sounds fun!! Play time with the animals. :D :D

#65 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:12 AM

Sounds beautiful. I'm now envious of you guys going to San Diego even more. ;)

Edited by RommieSG, 12 May 2003 - 07:13 AM.

#66 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:32 AM

The SD Zoo is in my estimation the best out there, bar none.  I'd give body parts to make it there. They have truely put the animals first, and it shows.

and the Zoo at Landing is along the same lines of thought..you make the animal happy..and with all the aids of 'modern' technology...

#67 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:40 PM

Ok LT I will be patient.
Nikki-don't worry Lalita will be careful,she doesn't want to hurt Shayna she just wants to play with her:)

#68 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:45 PM

Please to all players,...remember no sigs in the RP, so if they are there please edit!

#69 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:14 PM

Ilana, on May 12 2003, 04:27 AM, said:

Ok LT I will be patient.
Nikki-don't worry Lalita will be careful,she doesn't want to hurt Shayna she just wants to play with her:)
:D  Yay!! :) Nice, silly kitty!

#70 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:45 PM

warning to weres playing tag with the Ave...Tuatha rather likes girl and would get protective...and she always carries at least a couple silver daggers on her...
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#71 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:40 PM

HMMMM......well then I wouldn't want Tuatha to use the silver daggers on Lalita then.Does any one else want to play tag then? I assure you she is harmless.She is just a playful woman/child.That is also what her name means in Hindu.

#72 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:51 PM

I just finished reading the newest posts on the RP and I was wondering if I should have Lalita stay in the Zoo or should I have her move into the general vicinity of the wedding is going to be held???Can't wait for everyone to meet Lalita she will definitely make all their lives very interesting:)

#73 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:13 PM

It's still morning, I think several hours until the picnic. She could go in the direction of the Inn or something, everyone drifts there eventually. :)

I just had a thought (watch out for the explosion :D ):

If she's a new were, does she even know silver can hurt her?

Edited by LTA, 13 May 2003 - 02:17 PM.

#74 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:08 PM

Actually its a very short time away, about two hours at most..the Gardens surround the Zoo on three sides...and you can enter the Zoo proper from all four sides...

The gardens have lots of places to hide..grottos, dense shrubberies,  huge trees..and when  I say huge, I am taling about the sort of massive old oaks that it takes three to four men to circumfrence...

#75 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:44 PM

I was right, it is still morning, just a couple hours later. :)

Huge trees.........grottos..........hiding places............the mind wanders.........

:devil: ;) :angel:

#76 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:58 PM

Yesterday, I calculated out how long in game days the game had been running...

I had this wonderful post all laid out, went to double check a bit of data in my other window, and lost the whole huge detailed time line...

redid it, just a little less data...

and lost it too...

so all I am going to say, now, is  that since the start of the game, original thread and all...

Its been 17 days... this is the morning , roughly 10 am of the 18th day...

#77 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:07 PM

{{{{{{Shal}}}}}}}}  :(   I hate that when it happens. Sooooooo frustrating........but thanks for the info!!  And ONLY 17 days since the start of the entire game from the beginning? :o :o Wow!!!

#78 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 08:17 PM

The other thing is if Lalita wants to play tag with the birdy...Tuatha probably won't be around her the whole time, so there may well be time to play tag safely

just a thought
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#79 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:20 PM

Wow, and I thought it went a lot longer than that. Wasn't there a post that said "A week later" Or "Some time later" Or something like that?

Wow, this game rocks!!! :D :D

#80 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:08 AM

Shayna won't mind playing tag with Lalita if it's just a game....but being chased is another thing. ;)  She'd love to run with Lalita, since they are nearly the same age......and play around. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users