Katrina FEMA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:34 PM

I just saw this on FOXNEWS and here is the LINK to the cover story on the issue.
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#2 T'Bonz

T'Bonz
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:21 PM

Our local newspaper has been doing a series on FEMA waste. It has been a real eye-opener. Evidently those who don't need the money get it and those who need it? Tough luck.

#3 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:54 AM

Don't need a news article to tell you that.

When Miami-Dade was getting babied for getting a slap by a hurricane, Northern Lousiana towns that were leveled by Tornados got told, "You don't have enough damage."

Residents of Lousiana had reason to distrust FEMA before Katrina.
"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#4 T'Bonz

T'Bonz
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

Anyone in S. Florida in 1992 will tell you that FEMA isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, FEMA

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users