Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Rate George W. Bush Poll

GW Bush EI poll Approval Ratings

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: What is Bush to you as President? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

What is Bush to you as President?

1. This guy is a freakin' genius. (4 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

2. He's been pretty good. (7 votes [8.97%])

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

3. He's been smart a time or two. (1 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

4. Nobody's perfect. He's been alright, I guess. (2 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

5. He's so-so. Neutral. (3 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

6. He's made some mistakes. (3 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

7. He's made a lot of mistakes. (6 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

8. This guy is an idiot. He hasn't got a clue what to do. (27 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

9. He has failed the American people. (13 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

10. He has fought for the American people. (1 votes [1.28%])

11. He has fought for freedom. (1 votes [1.28%])

12. He has fooled the American public. (9 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

13. He's just unlucky. (1 votes [1.28%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:44 PM

Obviously, President Bush's approval ratings have been at an all time low due to many events that have occured in the last five years or so.  How do YOU think of him, intellectually speaking, as President given his performance?

Here's a neat way of looking at this poll:

Spectacles, on Sep 22 2005, 11:52 PM, said:

Postive:
This guy is a freakin' genius.
He's been pretty good.
He's been smart a time or two.
He has fought for the American people. 
He has fought for freedom.

Neutral / not strongly negative
Nobody's perfect. He's been alright, I guess.
He's so-so. Neutral.
He's made some mistakes.
He's just unlucky.

Negative
He's made a lot of mistakes. 
This guy is an idiot. He hasn't got a clue what to do. 
He has failed the American people.
He has fooled the American public.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Spectacles :)

Edited yet AGAIN...

Edited by A Karas, 26 September 2005 - 10:52 PM.

#2 WiLL

WiLL

Cylon UnderCover

• Islander
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

In the sense of that even if he is a dumb a** , greedy p*g , who gained his chair by treachery and got re elected by fooling millions with big promises , and still have supporters , you could say that ...

but for me he's just a good swindler who fooled millions  :ninjadeath:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

#3 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

I would also have voted that he has failed the American people and the world community had I been able to 'check all that apply". How is this country honestly better with the dollar in the toilet, getting little respect from other nations, divided so much that we can hardly speak civilly to one another, and with an economy that is propped up on the equivalent of chewing gum and baling wire? And if Mr Bush has truly fallen off the sobriety wagon, we are really in big trouble. I could go on and on, but you get the drift.

Not here to fight with anyone, just voicing an opinion.

edited to add: intellectually, he ain't there, I'm afraid. His parents propped him up, his party propped him up, his handlers propped him up. Now I see the props falling all around him. What's left is questionable.

nutmeg

Edited by nutmeg, 22 September 2005 - 06:27 PM.

#4 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

Really nice informtive polling system.

Five choices dropping in scale to Neutral and seven choices that are negative. Why not the one choice Bush is perfect. Which even his supporters do not say he is and 52 choices of how he is the spawn of Satan.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#5 nutmeg

nutmeg

Just passing through

• Islander
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:30 PM

So don't participate, G. Go to a Love-Bush thread instead. They're all around you. I don't whine about those, don't whine about this one. Comprende? Geez, louise!

nutmeg

#6 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:30 PM

I do agree that the poll is rather tilted toward the negative and would have been better if it could have been check all that apply.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#7 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

Nutmeg: I would also have voted that he has failed the American people....

That's my vote.

Record deficits.
Shrinking middle class.
Skyrocketing health care costs.
Poorly executed, disastrous Iraq War.
Crony capitalists running the country.
Science debased by the religious right's "scientific correctness."
Phony, scripted town hall meetings for preapproved, fawning audiences.
Karl Rove directing policy decisions (tax cuts, etc.) for political gains, not for objectively sound reasons.

All in all, from my perspective, it's been a bad five years and I truly worry about the shape we'll be in at the end of 2008.

I know not everyone here sees it that way. I honestly envy them because from where I stand, we're in deep trouble in many ways.

I want to add, though, that I don't see any magical solutions coming from either party. But Bush is responsible for presiding over a sharp decline in American prosperity and power. And I think it's because this isn't a fact-based, rational administration.  I recommend Ron Suskind's The Price of Loyalty to anyone who thinks it is....On second thought, you're probably better off just thinking that Bush's only problem is that some people hate him irrationally because it sure is depressing and scary to see what's happening to this country under his stewardship if you don't believe him or Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Ann Coulter, etc.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#8 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:52 PM

Postive:
He's been pretty good.
He's been smart a time or two.
He has fought for the American people.  
He has fought for freedom.

Neutral / not strongly negative
Nobody's perfect. He's been alright, I guess.
He's so-so. Neutral.
He's made some mistakes.
He's just unlucky.

Negative
He's made a lot of mistakes.  
He has failed the American people.
He has fooled the American public.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#9 emsparks

emsparks
  • Forever Missed
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:57 PM

G W is going to be the richest man at the communist reeducation camp. He will spend his golden years sipping mint juleps, and damming the poor for not having the personal drive, and enterprise to save his presidency and there by the American nation.

There is one thing I will never forgive him for and that is using the phrase “This part of the world,” all the time when referring to Louisiana and New Orleans. The correct phase is; “this part of the country.”
Sparky::

Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.

#10 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:59 PM

Are non-americans allowed to vote, or will this be seen as bush-bashing?
And america-bashing?

Edited by Chaddee, 22 September 2005 - 06:59 PM.

RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#11 emsparks

emsparks
  • Forever Missed
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:21 PM

Chaddee, on Sep 22 2005, 07:59 PM, said:

And america-bashing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your a board member so I say vote...

Or maybe we need a poll on that too...
Sparky::

Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.

#12 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

Chaddee, on Sep 22 2005, 03:59 PM, said:

And america-bashing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please!  I see nothing in the original post that limits this to Americans.  

I voted:

That's not Bush bashing, but a simple statement of fact as I see it.  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#13 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:23 PM

I'm sorry, it's just i've once too many been basically told to butt out as i'm not an american, or that criticism of the goverment automatically means disaproval of all americans therefore I must be evil, yadda yadda. .....i figured i'd save myself the hassle and check first.

AKaras, oh creator of the poll, what says you?
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#14 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:30 AM

nutmeg, on Sep 22 2005, 11:30 PM, said:

So don't participate, G. Go to a Love-Bush thread instead. They're all around you. I don't whine about those, don't whine about this one. Comprende? Geez, louise!

nutmeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean this is not your whine? You mean in all the other threads we have had that are just Bush Bashing you were not whining? Damm I guess whining and discussion are the same tone of voice.
Odd we get told to be part of the community and when I do it I get you wanting to whine about me pointing out that the poll is not fair.

So please stop calling it a poll and just call it what it is a Bush bashing thread and we can leave it to that. But never tell us that this forum being about the free exchange of ideas. Because it sure is hell isn't one with this sort of attitude.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#15 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:01 AM

G1223, on Sep 23 2005, 01:30 AM, said:

nutmeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean this is not your whine? You mean in all the other threads we have had that are just Bush Bashing you were not whining? Damm I guess whining and discussion are the same tone of voice.
Odd we get told to be part of the community and when I do it I get you wanting to whine about me pointing out that the poll is not fair.

So please stop calling it a poll and just call it what it is a Bush bashing thread and we can leave it to that. But never tell us that this forum being about the free exchange of ideas. Because it sure is hell isn't one with this sort of attitude.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, when you break it down, there are more POSITIVE options...

The fact remains we have a *political system* that has failed the people.

Unfunded Mandates for Education with an Emphasis on Testing...

Tax cuts for the Rich as seen by the Bill to repeal the Estate Tax which is currently in Congress.

This government is not "For the People, By the People."
"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that don’t even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#16 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:52 AM

G1223, on Sep 23 2005, 01:30 AM, said:

nutmeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's getting to the point that no one can defend your right to speak.
The thread is negative, what do you expect, for them to suddenly start a Bush love thread? See you when your ban is over.

I'm the one "Made Soime Mistakes". The bad part to that is when the President and his staff make mistakes, lots of people die.

Edited by Kosh, 23 September 2005 - 07:54 AM.

Can't Touch This!!

#17 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:55 AM

Natolii, on Sep 23 2005, 01:01 PM, said:

Tax cuts for the Rich as seen by the Bill to repeal the Estate Tax which is currently in Congress.

This government is not "For the People, By the People."

Are you saying the rich aren't people?

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#18 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:46 AM

I voted for He made a lot of mistakes. Although, I think this picture sums Bush up best:

Posted Image
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#19 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

LotS,
sadly that sums it up pretty well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

I voted for "he has failed the American people" because that one has the most actual evidence to back it up.

Personally, I think he's an idiot, but I could be wrong - he could just be evil and doing the bad things on purpose.  So, I didn't vote for that one.   I also passed over "he has fooled the American public" because that would mean he's evil, and I'm not sure he is.   He has definitely made a lot of mistakes, but it's conjecture to say what caused them.   He may have had the best intentions in the world and just not the skill and intelligence to make good plans.

So, I just went with failed.  Whether it was a malicous failure or a despite-his-best-efforts-to-do-good failure (like I think Carter had - I still think Carter was a terrible president, but I think he's a good person who just wasn't suited for the job.  That could be the case with Bush - I dunno).

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GW Bush, EI poll, Approval Ratings

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users