Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Rate George W. Bush Poll

GW Bush EI poll Approval Ratings

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: What is Bush to you as President? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

What is Bush to you as President?

1. This guy is a freakin' genius. (4 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

2. He's been pretty good. (7 votes [8.97%])

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

3. He's been smart a time or two. (1 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

4. Nobody's perfect. He's been alright, I guess. (2 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

5. He's so-so. Neutral. (3 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

6. He's made some mistakes. (3 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

7. He's made a lot of mistakes. (6 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

8. This guy is an idiot. He hasn't got a clue what to do. (27 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

9. He has failed the American people. (13 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

10. He has fought for the American people. (1 votes [1.28%])

11. He has fought for freedom. (1 votes [1.28%])

12. He has fooled the American public. (9 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

13. He's just unlucky. (1 votes [1.28%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:24 PM

Nonny, on Sep 26 2005, 01:20 PM, said:

Wait a few minutes.. then then the itching will start...  :eek2:

Corwin
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

#42 Grandtheftcow

Grandtheftcow

Imploder

• Dead account
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:28 PM

sierraleone, on Sep 26 2005, 01:20 PM, said:

^ Grandtheftcow: Have a case of the lefty cooties do yah?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I’m a Canadian who prefers the middle ground in politics. I rather enjoy poking at both sides.

Nonny, on Sep 26 2005, 01:20 PM, said:

Grandtheftcow, on Sep 26 2005, 10:14 AM, said:

If by better you mean like I've been infected with some sort of itchy oddly coloured sexually transmitted disease then yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, my head didn't explode!  I'm feeling the love!  

Nonny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You wouldn’t want to feel the love from a troll ;)

Just so you know my custom title is to reflect the policy some members have taken to “not feed the troll”.

Posted Image

#43 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

Grandtheftcow, on Sep 26 2005, 10:28 AM, said:

Just so you know my custom title is to reflect the policy some members have taken to “not feed the troll”.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So how come the cow's hooves are up, anyway?  :oh:  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#44 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:33 PM

^ Grandtheftcow: Canadian here too, but somewhat more left, though I hate partisanship bickering, so you won't see me in much of the politician/government bashing threads. Though expect to see me in "hot issues" threads (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc etc...).

I've really a conservative in how I live, but in my beliefs about what other people should be allowed to do or not do? *shrugs*

*you have quick fingers nonny, this is the second time in this thread you've gotten between me and another post :D

Edited by sierraleone, 26 September 2005 - 01:34 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#45 Grandtheftcow

Grandtheftcow

Imploder

• Dead account
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

Nonny, on Sep 26 2005, 01:32 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nonny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you do when someone points a gun at you?

Posted Image

#46 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

I want to check more than one. If I could I would vote for all of the following:

He's made a lot of mistakes.
This guy is an idiot. He hasn't got a clue what to do.
He has failed the American people.
He has fooled the American public.
Posted Image

#47 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:38 PM

sierraleone, on Sep 26 2005, 10:33 AM, said:

*you have quick fingers nonny, this is the second time in this thread you've gotten between me and another post :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On my good days.  Hey, I'm having a good day today!  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  

*snerk*  I misspelled "hay" and had to fix it.  Udderly ridiculous.  :p  

Nonny
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#48 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:40 PM

Grandtheftcow, on Sep 26 2005, 10:35 AM, said:

Nonny, on Sep 26 2005, 01:32 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you do when someone points a gun at you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, that makes sense.  I was thinking the cow was being arrested, and that was a bit too Blame the Victim.  :blush:  Also very judgemental.  :p  

Nonny
Posted Image

#49 Grandtheftcow

Grandtheftcow

Imploder

• Dead account
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:43 PM

sierraleone, on Sep 26 2005, 01:33 PM, said:

^ Grandtheftcow: Canadian here too, but somewhat more left, though I hate partisanship bickering, so you won't see me in much of the politician/government bashing threads. Though expect to see me in "hot issues" threads (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc etc...).

I've really a conservative in how I live, but in my beliefs about what other people should be allowed to do or not do? *shrugs*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think being a Canadian automatically makes you lean more to the left anyway.

Partisanship bickering is simply a source of amusement for me and as a troll is something I tend to exploit on message boards.

As for hot issues I think I’ve got a good one that should spark interesting discussion, or a thread closure depending on how it goes.

Posted Image

#50 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:51 PM

voted

For the record, Akaras, you never gave me the impression that non-americans couldn't vote...it's just an impression i've been given more htan once on this board, and onei'm getting a mite fed up with...as if i'm not allowed an opinion over a person without having a differing opinion about the how many million other americans around.

(hugs nonny, cow, and everyone else just to annoy them. Double hugs for Akaras)
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#51 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:57 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{Chaddee}}}}}}}}}}}

:)  

Nonny
Posted Image

#52 Solovet

Solovet
  • Islander
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:02 PM

Suggested alternatives:
- A spoiled rich kid who's in over his head
- An errand boy for Big Oil

Eh, I voted "idiot".  :Oo:

#53 Pollyanna Cowgirl

Pollyanna Cowgirl
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

I went with "fooled" because "failed" would mean he had good intentions and the American people's needs at heart.  I do not believe that has ever been the case.  The man is the King of Lip Service.  "Say you care, then do what you want."

Pol

#54 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:17 PM

Personally I was torn between "He failed the American People" and "This guy's an idiot"..I settled for the "idiot" one since there are so many examples of it that it became impossible to ignore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:15 PM

Nonny, on Sep 26 2005, 04:46 PM, said:

Grandtheftcow, on Sep 26 2005, 08:35 AM, said:

Just to break up the lefty love in taking place in this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did it work?  :rolleyes:  

Nonny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL :D  {{{{{Nonny}}}}}

sierraleone, on Sep 26 2005, 06:12 PM, said:

You know, I was planning on just voting and otherwise ignorning this whole thread, I hate partisan bickering from either side (I voted for "He's made a lot of mistakes" if anyone feels the need to keep track), but now that there is hugging involved.... :D :hehe:

{{{{{{{{{nonny&eska&anyone else who wants a hug}}}}}}}}}}}

So anyone going to take me up on a offer of a hug? Left or right or middle, doesn't matter to me :hehe:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

{{{{{Sierraleone}}}}}

sierraleone, on Sep 26 2005, 06:23 PM, said:

Thanks Nonny  :hugs:

Has the thread been derailed enough yet? ;)

(not in my estimation, YMMV)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah :)

Una Salus Lillius, on Sep 26 2005, 06:37 PM, said:

I want to check more than one. If I could I would vote for all of the following:

He's made a lot of mistakes.
This guy is an idiot. He hasn't got a clue what to do.
He has failed the American people.
He has fooled the American public.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that it would have been nice if a poll can be made where more than one choice can be picked.  I don't think that's possible with the way the poll function works on EI.  I guess that's why some wanted "All of the above" option.  Next time I do a poll of any kind, I'll try to give the options more thought.  :)  {{{{{Lil}}}}}

Chaddee, on Sep 26 2005, 06:51 PM, said:

voted

For the record, Akaras, you never gave me the impression that non-americans couldn't vote...it's just an impression i've been given more htan once on this board, and onei'm getting a mite fed up with...as if i'm not allowed an opinion over a person without having a differing opinion about the how many million other americans around.

(hugs nonny, cow, and everyone else just to annoy them. Double hugs for Akaras)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

{{{{{Chaddee}}}}}  I was trying to squash that impression from this thread.  I think it's important to hear from everyone because we all have something to contribute.  The President-any President-not only affects the american people, but also the world.  All eyes are on him.  In a sense, a President represents the people.  What other nations see in Bush, they see all of America as.  So far, Bush has been very damaging to us americans, and has not exactly been seen favorably with other countries.

Hopefully, the next President we will have elected will be able to put the United States back together, and be a good, very competant leader.  Because, right now, we're screwed over here.   :pout:  :unsure:

#56 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

Kosh, on Sep 23 2005, 12:52 PM, said:

G1223, on Sep 23 2005, 01:30 AM, said:

nutmeg, on Sep 22 2005, 11:30 PM, said:

So don't participate, G. Go to a Love-Bush thread instead. They're all around you. I don't whine about those, don't whine about this one. Comprende? Geez, louise!

nutmeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean this is not your whine? You mean in all the other threads we have had that are just Bush Bashing you were not whining? Damm I guess whining and discussion are the same tone of voice.
Odd we get told to be part of the community and when I do it I get you wanting to whine about me pointing out that the poll is not fair.

So please stop calling it a poll and just call it what it is a Bush bashing thread and we can leave it to that. But never tell us that this forum being about the free exchange of ideas. Because it sure is hell isn't one with this sort of attitude.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's getting to the point that no one can defend your right to speak.
The thread is negative, what do you expect, for them to suddenly start a Bush love thread? See you when your ban is over.

I'm the one "Made Soime Mistakes". The bad part to that is when the President and his staff make mistakes, lots of people die.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys just don't get it, do you???  I never made this a "Bush Bashing" thread, nor was it meant to be a "Bush Love" thread!  I made this for BOTH sides to vote and speak their minds.  So far, only those against Bush have done so in a mature manner, while those who support the President just sit back and whine.  This isn't a debate.  This isn't a "Let's fight" thread!  This was meant for both views to be heard.  Simple as that.  If you can't handle that, then fine.  I am not a baby sitter, nor will I beg or try to explain my intentions any further.  I thought I made it clear, as did some others who posted here.  I even tried to make it MORE clear later on.  And yet, there's still the damn whining.  All those who don't approve the President has given truly logical and factual reasons why.  They don't go "Bush Bashing" because they think it fun.  They are simply stating what bothers them about him.  And they have good reason to.  I have heard nothing credible on his behalf.  NOTHING.  Could it be that simply a lemon is a lemon?  Our deficit is skyrocketing, people are homeless and jobless, the economy has never recovered since his firtst election, the war in Iraq seems without end, nations are not happy with him, entire states are in ruins crying for help, gas prices are rising, social security may as well not exist, nothing has been done for the american people.  He has brought nothing but frustration, sorry, and damage to this country.  And people looked up to him.  He let them down too, along with everyone else.  Did we get Bin Ladin yet?  How is the war for oil-I mean terror/freedom going?  Our resources are over-extended.  So tell me.  Tell me how this is Bush bashing when most of these can be proven on paper?  This is fact.  I've been unemployed for nearly two years.  I have to be in business for myself since no one will hire me.  I spent my own money to get a real estate license, working seven days a week all because the economy here in the Bay Area has never recovered from the dot.com crash.  Engineers are working at car dealerships, Targets and Wal-Marts because they can't find work in their own profession.  There is reason for the frustrations.  There are many reasons.  Look at the Kitrina catastrophe.  The man only wants photo ops.  He really doen't care.  If he did, he would have cut his vacation short and dealt with the matter.  He's the leader of this nation.  Lead us to salvation, not deterioration!  His administration turned down a 14 Billion Dollar proposal for new levy construction and reinforcement years before Kitrina's wrath because it was "too expensive" of a project.  Yet, there's enough money in funding a war that costs $5 Billion a MONTH?  Now, we have over $130 BILLION in damage after Kitrina alone.  That's NOT including Rita's stroll through Texas and LA.  One woman wants just five more minutes of Bush's "busy schedule" to tell her why her son died in Iraq.  He won't give this woman even that.  Shame on that.  Shame.  So what if he's spoken with her once.  She's a broken soul.  She may not go about it the right way, but Bush could have avoided all this by just talking to her one more time.

I have tried to be open and fair, putting my own personal views of Bush aside so there could be a chance for a mature voice of opinion here.  Only one side has really succeeded in doing so.  Just because those people share the same views I do does not make it just another Bush Bashing thread.

Voting in defense of Bush just to fight the trend is just messed up.  Vote how you feel about him.  If it's not there, then I'm sorry.  MY bad.  I can't predict every answer everyone desires.  I tried, okay.  There is always the opportunity to post you views.  I don't know what else to say.  This has just **ssed me off.  :glare:  You guys are really smart.  I expect better than just whining.   :glare:

Edited by A Karas, 26 September 2005 - 05:58 PM.

#57 WiLL

WiLL

Cylon UnderCover

• Islander
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:57 PM

A Karas, on Sep 26 2005, 11:15 PM, said:

The President-any President-not only affects the american people, but also the world.  All eyes are on him.  In a sense, a President represents the people.  What other nations see in Bush, they see all of America as.  So far, Bush has been very damaging to us americans, and has not exactly been seen favorably with other countries.

Hopefully, the next President we will have elected will be able to put the United States back together, and be a good, very competant leader.  Because, right now, we're screwed over here.   :pout:  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i usually put all politics at the same level , they usually are swindlers , willing the power to feed their ego , and one on ten is usually better than the other but still not perfect , and when it comes to elections its always the same deal , choose the one which is the less worse ,

anyway bush has really destroyed the credibility of the US , he has claimed a lie to start a war on iraq breaking protocols with the ONU and nearly telling other countries "if you're not with me you are against me" , now all over the world anyone knows that he has made up the "iraq threat" only to start his war and that the only result is that many people ( including americans ) have died and will die because of him , and it is clear that no peace and democracy will rise in iraq for years , even saddam hussein couldn't have done worse to that country and these people

but it wasn't the americans choice to do that , and i hope that he will get out of the white house strongly kicked in the ass , the president don't reflect the people when he lies to them , they are no reason for other countries to pass up his misbehavior on the american people , until he gets re-elected after that at 100% of course but i don't think that's gonna happen :whistle:

i'm french ( :look: ) and i don't have anything against americans , you just have the worst president in history actually , good luck until the end of his mandate :ninja:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

#58 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,130 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:27 PM

I understand your frustration, A Karas.  But I can also see why it's happening.  You honestly see it as a fair poll that could be supported by people on all sides, yet the responses are being decidedly one-sided . . . I can think of a few reasons why:

-You call him "Dubb'ya Bush" in the title line--this is off putting to a lot of conservatives and many of the ones who would make reasoned arguments in his favor are going to walk right by the thread.  Meanwhile, the hardcore supporters will come into the thread already irritated and will respond snarkily.  Think of it from the other angle--what if it was a thread about "Slick Willy"

-Your first sentence says his approval ratings are "drowning below sea level."  Just makes those who DO support him even more put off . . . and even snarkier.  From the other angle: "Bill could barely zip up his fly before congress started the impeachment."

-The "liberal love fest" that followed was inevitable to wind up as a bush-bashing thread or pure silliness . . . or both.  The mature well-reasoned conservative posters have probably mostly hit the back button by now.

Don't get me wrong, our current president makes me hopping mad and I'm pretty darn liberal . . . but I can also see how we can honestly try and start reasoned discussion by all sides but unintentionally chase away the very reasonable ones we were trying to attract.

Just my 0.02. ;)

-Nick

#59 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:49 PM

Well, heck, his ratings are in an all time low.  That's a fact that can't be denied, not a put down.

I'll change the other things if it will make some feel better.  I really don't care anymore.  The fact that I gave more positive choices meant nothing to them.

#60 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:28 PM

Sorry, I voted but didn't feel inclined to post until now.  My main problem with the poll is the ability to only choose one as none of them actually allow me to speak my mind.  I think Bush has been smart a time or two, he's made some mistakes, he's fought for the American people, he's fought for freedom, and he's been unlucky.  I'd have liked to have seen:  "He's had a lot of hard work;" "He's done a lot of hard work;" and "He's still got a lot of hard work to do."

Actually checked the polls a little bit ago.  For the time period of 9/16-18, he's come up anywhere between 1 and 3 points, depending on the poll.  Still low - 40 to 42, but it was at 39 in the poll taken the time before.  The number of mixed/unsures varies widely from 1 to 8 points which attributes for the varying numbers in the disapprove columns.

Edited by eloisel, 26 September 2005 - 11:30 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GW Bush, EI poll, Approval Ratings

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users