Katrina Fraud

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

Its about time to put these thugs behind bars!

CNN
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#2 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:20 AM

It might be good to have a little summary of the story here. I understand - Katrina - Fraud - but what's the story?

#3 mjtian

mjtian
  • Islander
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:29 PM

It might be good to have a little summary of the story here. I understand - Katrina - Fraud - but what's the story?

I posted a Thread here in OT couple of weeks ago about people using the Red Cross/FEMA debt cards at strip clubs, Luis Vuitton stores etc etc.  In short, there are people pretending to be victims of Katrina and/or buying these cards off of these victims for themselves.
"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed" -Michael Jordan

#4 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:32 PM

In this case, this was an inside job, though the current arrests were people on the outside.

This goes beyond the re-selling of Debit cards. Someone at the call center handed out code that allowed people to steal money.
"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Fraud

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users