NEW Firefly RPG

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:48 PM

Welcome. I'm wanting to at least (the very least) get a crew of 5 together, hopefully everyone from the other thread will come over here plus a few new people. The ship is an aught two, without the extenders upgrade so she tends to shake about a bit but she'll get us where we're going. I call her Quintessa and Tessa when she's being ornery lol We roam the outer planets looking for work, legal or not. We tend to prefer not.

CURRENT CREW MEMBERS:

Quinn Merrick - Bruce Hawkins - Captain and owner
Kyvv Zenith - Tobias Chase - Ship doctor
Psyche - Adeline "Adi" Li - Full time thief
John Burke - Sheldon "Shel" Delacroix - Professional gambler
Angelus - Bryn Dawson - Pilot
GCross2432 - Leyna Kroskov - Companion
TravelerOfTheWays - Azrani Keswe - Counselor/Scholar
Fragsta - Aidan Callidus - Engineer/Mechanic
Sapphire - Lylia "Lia" Syon - Resident "royal" pain
Dairina - Sabrina Yeaton - First mate
G1223 - Jason Carrier - Hired gun/The muscle

Here's my character:

Name: Bruce Hawkins

Rank: Captain, pilot (unless someone else steps up) and owner of the ship

Sex: Male

Height: 5'11" on a good day

Eye Color: Deep hazel, mostly looks gray

Hair Color and Style: Deep brown, 3 inches in length or so and messy

Facial hair: Usually keeps a day or so worth of growth

Frame: Well built but not over muscular, doesn't back down from a "fair fight"

Jewelery: None

Scars: Scar on forearm from a gunshot graze, no one asks about it...

Tattoos: None that are visible

Special Skills: While not overly big, is good in a both a fist fight and a gunfight. Strategy and planning has always been something he has prided himself on. Is knowledgeable on most modern weapons.

Weapons: Carries a 10-shot black revolver on his right hip and for good measure usually has a nice 8-shot semi-automatic hold-out pistol on his left hip. If he feels the situation will call for it he has a few bigger rifles and tricks up his sleeves.

Background: Originally from the central planet Londinum. When the War for Unification broke out he was a supporter of unification, though he never joined the Alliance military. After the war, he started to really see how the Alliance was running things and he didn't too much care for their iron fist mentality. He moved to the backwater planets and with the small money he had bought himself a rather old Firefly class ship. A bit of a fan of trouble and a big fan of money; he makes the perfect kind of smuggler.

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 08 October 2005 - 11:36 AM.

#2 Kyvv Zenith

Kyvv Zenith

Your like a trained ape! Without the training!

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

Im in...

Name: Tobias Matthew Chase

-----------------------------------------------------------
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Height: 5'8

Weight: 145

Eye Color: Light blue

Hair Color and Style: Black/ short and flat

Frame: Very tuned, not too muscular

Jewelery: A silver crucifix around his neck

DEFINING FEATURES -

Scars: none

Tattoos: none

SKILLS -

Special Skills: A skilled Medical Technician. Has been trained as a doctor.

OTHER INFORMATION -

Weapons: Carries a six shooter, similar to a colt python .357, holstered on his right side, but prefers not to use it.

Background: Tobias never earned his credentials in medical training, but he knows his stuff. He spent a couple years dodging the alliance after being caught working with no license, and found a job on the ship Quintessa with Captain Hawkins. Tobias finds himself with a small attraction to crewmate Adi.

Edited by Kyvv Zenith, 06 October 2005 - 06:47 PM.

#3 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:10 PM

Name: Adeline "Adi" Li
Height: 5'4"
Weight: A lady never tells her weight ;) Slight build
Eye color: Dark brown, almost black
Haircolor: Black, straight and chin length
Scars: None
Tattoos: tribal design on lower back
Clothing: Khaki or black pants, various coloured fitted tee shirts, combat boots
Jewelry: Likes jewelry and has a lot, but doesn't often wear it.
Weapon(s): None carried with her, but knows how to use a variety of weapons
Skills: Can move quietly, to the point of not being heard by the most trained ears.
Background: Does not talk about her past much, not out of trying to be secretive, but just that 'it never comes up'. May have been a thief/pickpocket.

Edited by Psyche, 10 October 2005 - 11:46 PM.

#4 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

Psyche, on Oct 6 2005, 02:10 PM, said:

Hey, everything is up for grabs except for Captain and it seems unneeded to have two doctors on board but other than that. Pick anything you like and don't limit yourself to the positions of the crew of Serenity. We aren't going to be running like they do so we may need different skills  :D  I do however need a first mate if you're interested...

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 06 October 2005 - 07:03 PM.

#5 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

I'd like to join the crew, if that's okay.  I've never been a very successful RP'er, but I need to try it one more time because I would love a chance to get in on Firefly's 'verse...

CHARACTER:

Sheldon "Shel" Delacroix
Height: 6'3
Weight: 180
Eyes: Dark Brown, almost black
Hair: Black, and worn slicked back.  Well-trimmed moustache.
Preferred Occupation: Professional gambler

Shipboard Role: Whatever's needed.  He's something of a jack-of-all-trades; well-spoken, makes a good "face man," can perform less pleasant duties adequately and almost always come up with a bit of cash from somewhere when his crew really needs it.

Description: Tall, pale, and alternately very intense and quite laid-back, Shel is always immaculately groomed and wears clothes much more fashionable than he can afford.  He always travels with a deck of cards and will play any game of chance, any time, for any reason... and usually win, because he's not above cheating when necessary.

Shel's not a fighter, and prefers to sneak out the back door rather than join in a brawl.  He claims to detest guns, but carries a small, discreet derringer inside his vest for emergencies.

When the War for Unification broke out, Shel supported neither side, preferring to antagonize both.  If he had any particular sympathies, nobody knows about it-- perhaps not even him.  He's strictly small-time by choice... it's just not worth his while to start the kind of trouble the Alliance or somebody equally disagreeable would have to finish.

Although a professional liar, Shel follows his own, scrupulous sense of honor with those he trusts and cares about.  The trouble is, you never particularly know who he trusts and cares about on any given day.

Shel started out on one of the influential, center worlds and apparently comes from money.  He may have been an important man once, may even have been in love-- but when asked directly he'll just grin and drawl, "I been around..."  If he's got any long-term goals or loyalties, they're a secret to all but him, but he's generally a pleasant sort to anyone who treats him right.

^ So... does that work?  Am I on the crew?

#6 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

^ He wins all his fights by at least 100 yards, eh? ;)

Adi's kind of young to have been around long enough to be first officer, and doesn't really have the skills to be engineer or pilot... could just be a sort of general do-what-needs-done type person. She'd be useful for the less legal jobs too.

Edited by Psyche, 06 October 2005 - 09:42 PM.

#7 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:49 PM

Psyche, on Oct 6 2005, 10:41 PM, said:

^ He wins all his fights by at least 100 yards, eh? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only on a slow day.  150 if his Spider Sense is working. ;)

Adi's kind of young to have been around long enough to be first officer, and doesn't really have the skills to be engineer or pilot...

If we still need a pilot, Shel might reasonably possess the skill set for that.  Unless someone else wants it.

#8 TravelerOfTheWays

TravelerOfTheWays

Botherbotherbother

• Islander
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

I haven't seen much of Firefly yet, but the idea of RPing in the 'verse sounds like so much fun.  I'll think on this one for the next day or so, decide if I can give an RP the time it deserves, and try to think of the awesomest character evah.
"The corollary, of course, is that a Western man who treats women like they're, you know, people has an absurdly easy time of things. It's like a sexy lady liquidation event. NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED."

~Rov

#9 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

John Burke, on Oct 6 2005, 06:23 PM, said:

^ So... does that work?  Am I on the crew?
Oh yeah, thats great. I don't want you to be pilot though, I want you to come off ship with me. I think Shel and Hawkins are going to get along great. You'll get us in trouble, I'll fight us out of it and we might make some money in the process. lol Plus, Hawkins likes a man who's not above cheating for money, or any other reason.

Psyche, on Oct 6 2005, 07:41 PM, said:

Adi's kind of young to have been around long enough to be first officer, and doesn't really have the skills to be engineer or pilot... could just be a sort of general do-what-needs-done type person. She'd be useful for the less legal jobs too.
That's very true, I completely forgot about your age when I said that. It of course is nice to have another petty thief about, can never have too many of those, boat like ours.

Also, I'm going to keep updating my first post with the crew info so everyone will know who is on board and what not. It will just be a list so we can know where everyone stands

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 06 October 2005 - 11:36 PM.

#10 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:44 PM

^ Sounds good.

And I'd like to say that so far I've been very impressed with how you've been doing with the GM-ing. If how you've been handling this is any indication, the RP should go very well.

#11 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:00 AM

Psyche, on Oct 6 2005, 09:44 PM, said:

And I'd like to say that so far I've been very impressed with how you've been doing with the GM-ing. If how you've been handling this is any indication, the RP should go very well.
:blush: Thanks. I am in love with all things Joss and especially Firefly/Serenity so that makes me want to do a good job and do it justice. Also I started an entire Matrix RPG board (years ago) that lasted for a year or so and at one point had three different crews/ships and while I was the captain of one ship I was also making all three ship story-lines intertwine. So I have a good handle on things I think :)

#12 Kyvv Zenith

Kyvv Zenith

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:04 AM

Psyche, on Oct 6 2005, 09:44 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He will handle it better, i know this guy, and its safe to put your trust in him.

#13 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:11 AM

Quinn Merrick, on Oct 7 2005, 12:24 AM, said:

Oh yeah, thats great. I don't want you to be pilot though, I want you to come off ship with me. I think Shel and Hawkins are going to get along great. You'll get us in trouble, I'll fight us out of it and we might make some money in the process. lol Plus, Hawkins likes a man who's not above cheating for money, or any other reason.

Works for me.  Heck, the most fun stuff happens planetside anyway... :hehe:

And yes, I agree with Psyche, very well-coordinated so far!  Nice work.

#14 Angelus

Angelus
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:26 AM

Okay, you got me in.

Name: Bryn Dawson

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5' 9''

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown w/ subtle highlights. Usually messy.

Build: Average. Could stand to tone up a bit.

Clothing: Can be found donning his usual pilot uniform most of the time - A khaki flightsuit with the sleeves removed with a green suspender-type system, and a black rubber leg pad attached to the left side. Hanging form the suspenders is a set of clear dog tags. Other pilot outfits include flightsuits in navy blue, O.D. green, black, and gray. Civies are usually jeans or khaki cargos, ringer tee's and his favorite O.D. Green jacket(when appropiate).

Scars: One on my leg. Let's not talk about it...

Tattoos: None

Weapon(s): Carries a standard 7-shot pistol from time to time.

Background: Coming Soon

Edited by Angelus, 09 October 2005 - 12:34 AM.

#15 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:49 AM

Alright, and there's our pilot. I'll giver this a few more days to see if anyone else from the old thread wants to come on over. I'd love to get a bunch of people on board but if not we are ready to go with just this group

#16 Kyvv Zenith

Kyvv Zenith

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:19 AM

I have to say so far the group looks great, im really excited about being part of this.
/salute to you all.

#17 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

Um... *Sort of cautiously enters thread, looking kind of nervous/innocent* Would you mind if I joined the crew as a Companion? I'd do engineer but I know next to nothing about machines. ^^; However, I am attempting to catch up with the Firefly series since I haven't seen all of it and I loved the movie and... well... I'd really like to join! ^^;;

Please? I can have a character form up for you guys once I get home from school.

~ V.
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#18 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:40 AM

Welcome to our new RP members.  It's nice to see new faces and experienced RPers.  I'm going to enjoy watching this RP unfold!! :)

Just remember, if you've not done so already (and I bet you have ;)) to read the rules for RPing here and the forum guidelines.  But so far everything looks great.  I don't have time to play much now, but I read faithfully, and I'm excited to see what happens with our own "FIrefly" crew.  :)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 07 October 2005 - 05:40 AM.

#19 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:57 AM

*Smiles and bows slightly to Nikki* Naturally, ma'am. And I think I actually have that bio done- all but the Background and Name- so I'll put it up now and think of a background while I'm in school. ^_^

Name: Leyna Kroskov (Lay-nuh Krohs-kohv)

Sex: Female

Height: 5'5"

Eye Color: Blue, or gray, or green (They shift slightly with whatever she's wearing and sometimes with her mood)

Hair Color and Style: Straight, light brown/dark blonde hair with natural highlights; bangs; it falls to about an inch below her shoulderblades.

Facial hair: None

Skin tone: Very pale, but with a pink undertone, so she doesn't look like a vampire

Frame: Slender but not ridiculously thin. She has some weight on her and what one could call "child bearing" hips; though not the "perfect woman" she is pretty enough- and well-proportioned for her weight category- to be a good Companion.

Jewelery: Yes! (Lol) She has assorted items that she's brought with her.

Scars: None

Tattoos: A green, vine-looking band with leaves around her right ankle. The two ends of the band connect underneath a rose on the outside of her leg. (Meaning to the right side of her right leg. ^^)

Special Skills: Despite being a Companion, it's obvious that she's had training in other things before she became one, since she can wield guns easily in both hands, while paying attention to other parties in a fight.

Weapons: She carries with her a set of daggers- two wristblades and one slightly larger one to strap to her thigh in the event of an undercover mission. And in another case she has three sets of decorative chopsticks for her hair which, when pinched in the right spot, shoot a small but sharp blade out the end. Although she has, obviously, taken a vow not to hurt others but in self-defense, she still can use them all and would, if she had to.

Background: Before becoming a Companion little is known about Leyna, and what is brought up she doesn't often mention. She does speak fondly of her mother who lives on one of the outer planets, however, and loves to reminisce on her very young childhood, keeping up a good correspondence with home. Still, once one gets to asking around the age of 12, the fog sets in, leaving everyone but Leyna very much in the dark about her teenage years. But no matter the story, what remains is a somewhat stubborn young woman who is shy and quiet around those she doesn't know, and more outspoken around those she does. She's always ready to lend an ear to a friend's problems or to offer advice.

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 09 October 2005 - 07:24 AM.

Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#20 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:50 AM

Nikki Peppermint, on Oct 7 2005, 03:40 AM, said:

Welcome to our new RP members.  It's nice to see new faces and experienced RPers.  I'm going to enjoy watching this RP unfold!! :)

Just remember, if you've not done so already (and I bet you have ;)) to read the rules for RPing here and the forum guidelines.  But so far everything looks great.  I don't have time to play much now, but I read faithfully, and I'm excited to see what happens with our own "FIrefly" crew.  :)
Yup, read everything when I joined the board. Here's hoping we give you something worth reading

GCross2432, we'd love to have a companion on board. Whether she is legally register with the Guild or not. Since you haven't seen much of Firefly (which is completely alright) feel free to PM me with any questions you might have about how a companion would be.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users