Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

NEW Firefly RPG

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#21 Kyvv Zenith

Kyvv Zenith

Your like a trained ape! Without the training!

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:41 PM

So should we place a join deadline?  Like if no one else joins in the next few days or next week we start with what we have? Just an idea. :)

#22 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:58 PM

Kyvv, Quinn said in an earlier post- right before mine- that he was just giving it a couple more days. I was lucky to make the deadline! ^__^

And Quinn, thank you! :D :D :D  I'll be sure to remember your offer and will probably use it! I've editted my form to include my character's name and the background should be up soon as I type it in!

~ V.
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#23 TravelerOfTheWays

TravelerOfTheWays

Botherbotherbother

• Islander
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:25 PM

I was plotting this character during an in-class review session for an exam I'm going to ace :D   This is so exciting; I haven't RPed a new character in what feels like forever!

Name: Azrani Keswe

Rank:  Scholar, forger of documents, chick who knows people, counselor

Sex: female

Height: 5'7"

Eye Color: dark brown

Hair Color and Style: black, usually worn in a multitude of very thin braids

Frame: healthy bordering on voluptuous

Jewelery: sometimes wears fancy bits in her hair, otherwise nothing she wears regularly but has a small stash of little pieces she wears from time to time.

Scars: none readily visible

Tattoos: none

Special Skills: Azrani seems to know a little about everything useful to a salvage crew... specific customs of certain regions, what certain regions need and have in over-abundance, who to talk to and who not to talk to, and she can forge ID like nobody's business.  She also has a medical degree as a counselor/psychologist person, which she uses sometimes for good and sometimes for evil.  

Weapons: Sometimes it's a wonder Azrani's survived out here as long as she has... while she has some proficiency with most pistols, she doesn't carry one on her.  She does carry a pointy object of some sort whenever she leaves the ship, but she is far from an expert with it.  

Background:  Azrani was a rich kid during her childhood, and she squandered a lot of money jumping between schools and subjects.  Finally, her parents got sick of her doing nothing with her life and threw her out, more or less.  She had to wise up really fast and since then has made a living selling information like a commodity.  She's kind of an elitist but usually realizes that she needs other people with other skills to survive.  Sometimes she can seem lost in her own world.

Edited by TravelerOfTheWays, 07 October 2005 - 02:26 PM.

#24 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:27 PM

GCross2432, on Oct 7 2005, 11:58 AM, said:

Kyvv, Quinn said in an earlier post- right before mine- that he was just giving it a couple more days. I was lucky to make the deadline! ^__^
Yeah, I'm going to wait just al ittle bit, I want to give the people who wanted to join in the other thread a chance to join. I guess I should send them a PM or email to see if they are still interested.

GCross2432, on Oct 7 2005, 11:58 AM, said:

And Quinn, thank you! :D :D :D  I'll be sure to remember your offer and will probably use it! I've editted my form to include my character's name and the background should be up soon as I type it in!
Alright, I got you added to the crew list at the top. And yes, please feel free to ask me any questions. That goes for everyone else too :)

TravelerOfTheWays, I REALLY like your character, it's about time we got someone on this boat with some smarts and a mind for stealing, even if she isn't too good in a fight :) I'll add you to the crew list

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 07 October 2005 - 02:31 PM.

#25 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

I hereby declare that I will probably be playing an Engineer, however, I've only seen about 7 episodes of firefly so you'll have to bear with me while I do things wrong at times...I'll post my character soon.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Noticed my avatar and sig changing? Yours can too with the random sig imager!

#26 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

Fragsta, on Oct 7 2005, 12:59 PM, said:

I hereby declare that I will probably be playing an Engineer, however, I've only seen about 7 episodes of firefly so you'll have to bear with me while I do things wrong at times...I'll post my character soon.
Great, we need a mechanic to keep this bird in the sky. Having seen every single episode of Firefly is not a prerequisite, just a love for the show, movie, characters and the 'verse on the whole is all you need :) If you are ever unsure, just ask me.

Can't wait to see the profile...

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 07 October 2005 - 03:10 PM.

#27 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

Name: Aidan Callidus

Sex: Male

Height: 5'10"

Eye Color: Light hazel

Hair Color and Style: Dark brown, 3 inches in length or so and messy

Facial hair: Clean shaven, most of the time

Frame: Not athletic, but slightly muscular

Jewelery: Wears a ring on index finger. Quite a mysterious-looking ring. Not made from any precious metals, either.

Clothing: Wears overalls, but only the bottoms, with a short-sleeved shirt as the top most of the time. Wears heavy boots, mostly covered by baggy overall bottoms.

Scars: Scars on wrists.

Tattoos: One on left side of neck displaying the numbers 62146. A story is associated with that tattoo.

Special Skills: Not the best mechanic ever, but extremely logical, and thus can fix most things...often through trial and error, granted. In a fight, he wouldn't win by brute force, he'd win by thinking about his moves quickly, in advance, and reacting quickly to changes in the tide of a battle.

Weapons: Carries one semi-automatic pistol, customized, with a 16-round clip. Also carries a 7-inch knife in side of boot.

Background: Aidan was born into a family supporting the Browncoats, but his parents were killed during the War for Unification, when he was just 11.

He was taken to an Alliance prison camp, where he became suicidal and very troubled. He was branded with the number 62146. He was rescued by his older (at 20) brother Reeve, part of a Browncoats raid on the prison, and from then on he travelled with him, and their younger sister, Scarlet, when he was 15.

They all survived the war, but while being chased by the Alliance, for escaping from prison, Aidan was seperated from the other two when he was 19, at a busy port. After not being able to find his brother or sister, and thus being lost, he stowed away on Bruce Hawkin's ship and for a while went unnoticed, eating scraps of food and hiding in the more secluded corners of the ship. He was found eventually though, after the ship broke down, and mysteriously "fixed itself". Because of that he was taken on as the ship's mechanic.

Aidan is very chivalric and considers himself a gentleman towards women, but somehow manages to get himself into trouble quite often. He enjoys a good debate and has knowledge on a number of subjects, but is very indecisive so his opinions are varied, which, supposedly, makes him a good person to debate with.

He often talks of finding his siblings but isn't really very hopeful. His loss of his entire family sometimes causes him to act very depressed, normally prompted by another upsetting event. On these occasions he is reminded of his depressing years in prison, which doesn't help. However, he gets over it, normally.

Edited by Fragsta, 08 October 2005 - 04:03 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

Great to have you on board Fragsta, I've added you to the crew list

#29 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:56 PM

*Does a dance* Got an engineer! Whoo! ^_~ Fun fun for everyone! And don't worry, Frag, I've only seen a couple myself so we can muddle along together.

~ V.
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#30 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:59 PM

That's reassuring, thanks :)

Background coming up soon, probably tomorrow morning (GMT) because I'm tired now...many late nights are to blame...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:07 PM

Lol All right. Night, Frag! Can't wait to read it! Least it's the weekend, right? :wink:

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#32 Sapphire

Sapphire

You don't like it? Too gorram bad.

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:02 PM

Name:  Lylia "Lia" Syon

-----------------------------------------------------------
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Sex: Female

Height: 5'4"

Weight: Maybe 110, dripping wet.

Eye Color: Posted Image Like that.

Hair Color and Style: Dark brown with flecks of red.

Frame: Like a dancer. Soft hands, light feet. Like she's been taken well care of all her life.

Jewelry: Various rings/earrings/necklaces that show her wealth

DEFINING FEATURES -

Scars: none

Tattoos: A mysterious black tattoo lines her back

SKILLS -

Special Skills: Skills? Her good looks and convincing charm will lure unsuspecting prey, distract guards, and her prissy ways should keep the crew fairly entertained. Having grown up in the central planets, well pampered, her "skills" include quick wit and proper, graceful mannerisms.

OTHER INFORMATION -

Weapons: Any gun that is tossed her way in a battle, though she's been in few. She is not yet skilled in fighting, but is more than willing to learn.

Background: Raised in the central planets and over pampered by more than wealthy parents, Lylia was a bit of a priss. She mostly stayed cooped up in what seemed to be a castle for a home, under direct orders from her father. Lia's father was a powerful man so he assumed keeping her locked away was for her own good. She of course chose to be rebellious and snuck out on a desolate night that decided her fate. Kidnapped by the crew of the Firefly, Quintessa, Ms. Lylia Syon was held for ransom. She had taken a liking to the crew(even if she refuses to admit it), but mostly of the ship and the thrill of flying and adventure. In short, the ransom money had been delivered, but she never got off.
-There's blood in my mouth 'cause I've been biting my tounge all week.-
-I keep on talking trash but I never say anything.-

#33 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

Ooh, assuming Lylia gets approved, she and Leyna aren't gonna get along at all... maybe a little respect for the way of lying, but they're too alike; they're gonna hate each other. Lol A little dissension in the ranks, I think!

And I'm watching an ep of Firefly right now that I haven't seen yet and that rogue Companion chick is back, just now she's "Bridget". Heehee!

And Sapphire, the eyes are a little blurry. What color combo are they exactly?

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 07 October 2005 - 06:09 PM.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#34 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

Alright Sapphire, you're in, I'll add you to crew list

#35 Sapphire

Sapphire

You don't like it? Too gorram bad.

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

And Sapphire, the eyes are a little blurry. What color combo are they exactly?

Well um, the picture is my real eyes. And to tell you the truth, they do odd things. Some times deep ocean blue, sometimes a shallow, sunken gray, and on occasions a weirdish green.

And I didn't mean for my character to sound like yours. I wrote it yesterday and didn't add it until I got home today because I was still iffy on the name. heh. Oh well. Leyna and Lylia. Wow They are going to have some fun. And not in a 'jolly good' way.

-Sapphire
-There's blood in my mouth 'cause I've been biting my tounge all week.-
-I keep on talking trash but I never say anything.-

#36 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

^_~ Their names even sound alike. That's just creepy. See, I was considering Leyna having a rich background too, but now I think I may make her have a middle-class mother just to make her hate Lylia more. Hmm... maybe her grandmother- who her mother has been estranged from- is rich? Eh, I'll think on it.

Lol I can't wait to start this! Though I haven't seen Psyche lately...

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#37 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

*Dies laughing as Mal harasses Saffron-Briget-Dolanda for her actual husband*

P.S. Nevermind. It's all an act. *Rolls eyes*

P.S.2 Whoa, he got her something nasty!

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 07 October 2005 - 06:40 PM.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#38 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:41 PM

*Looks hopeful* Say, we have four people on now... can we... start? *Big blue puppy eyes* Please, Quinn?

Hmmm... I think that Leyna's nickname for Lia will be "Princess".  :devil:  Said in a suitably derogatory fashion, of course.

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 07 October 2005 - 06:42 PM.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#39 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

I think I will start us up tomorrow, I'm still hammering out the first story arc

#40 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

*nods* All right. I have work tomorrow, so I'll only be on in the morning, most likely.

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users