Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

NEW Firefly RPG

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#41 Kyvv Zenith

Kyvv Zenith

Your like a trained ape! Without the training!

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

Awesome, Im excited. Interaction with this group should be VERY interesting, and I almost say that with caution...hehe. For some reason I feel I am going to be very busy as the crew doctor on this boat.   :eh:

#42 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:42 PM

Not with Leyna! Lol I can promise ya that.

She'll... well, she'll play good whilst around the ship. ^_^ Can't guarantee she won't get off on a planet and get back on cut and bruised and annoyed as all hell though!

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 07 October 2005 - 07:48 PM.

Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#43 Sapphire

Sapphire

You don't like it? Too gorram bad.

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

Heh. I think Lia be more of a seducer.(spell?) She'll lure men with her young charm and stunning(if I may say) looks. And, her father being a very important man, she knows many important people. She'll be one to alot of jobs. Legal and illegal. No one said her father was an HONEST man, just an important one.

-Sapphire

ps
Kyvv, don't worry about Lia. I'll guarantee she'll get into lots of trouble, but I doubt she'll come back the ship with a bullet wound.
-There's blood in my mouth 'cause I've been biting my tounge all week.-
-I keep on talking trash but I never say anything.-

#44 Kyvv Zenith

Kyvv Zenith

Your like a trained ape! Without the training!

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

Well remember if either of you two, leyna and lia, (wow those do sound similar) get hurt, whether from outside forces or eachother, I'll be here to fix you up. After all it's what im paid..periodically i might add, to do.

#45 Dairina

Dairina
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:00 AM

I would LOVE to be in!! Please don't start without me!! :)

Name: Sabrina (Sabby to her friends) Yeaton
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 130 lbs
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Chestnut, in a pollyanna knot (top half up, the rest down) shoulder length
Clothing: Red low-cut blouse, tight black shorts, black thigh-high buckle boots, black leather vambraces, black leather gloves
Weapons: A glock and a bull whip, knives in the boots

I'd like to be love interest to the cap'n if it's okay with you. Thanks for everything! Let me know when we're starting! :)

~Kelly~

Edited by Dairina, 10 October 2005 - 04:05 PM.

"I am a leaf on the wind..." --Wash, my hero.

#46 Sapphire

Sapphire

You don't like it? Too gorram bad.

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:12 AM

Whats your background like?

(just trying to get a feel for the characters)

-Sapphire
-There's blood in my mouth 'cause I've been biting my tounge all week.-
-I keep on talking trash but I never say anything.-

#47 Dairina

Dairina
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:27 AM

Sorry, forgot about background!

And I just realized that the name should be different. We've got too many 'l's' as it is...

How about Sabrina Yeaton? Works for me...

Sabrina is 29, and fought for the Brown Coats. She never mentions the war, but she lost her love in it. She's still trying to get over him, so her new attraction to Bruce is confusing her. She protects herself with a sarcastic humor, and sometimes hurts those she loves on accident with it. Because of her training for the war, she can fist fight like none other, and wears her love's engagement ring on the outside of her glove so that it comes in contact with her opponent's skin. She likes it rough. And I have a feeling she won't get along too well with Lia or the Companion. She'll get along better with Adi, kind of take her under her wing. I think she might also befriend our engineer. They seem to have matching personalities.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm really excited about this! So...what do you think? Am I in?

~Kelly~

#48 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:09 AM

Sure Kelly, you're in and you can be first mate (even though I was thinking of just not having one) I'll add you to the list.

Oh, I thought I would post this here just as a helpful link. This site has meticulously chronicled the entire Firefly/Serenity universe. It is one hell of a long read so don't try and read it all but if you are currious about a date this place has it. (For example, if you wanted to know when the Battle of Serenity was it took place 2511 late some time May) For any impotant dates I will be using this as a guide http://www.mts.net/~...ad/firefly.html

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 08 October 2005 - 02:14 AM.

#49 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:13 AM

Name: Jason Carrier
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11"  Weight:170
Hair: Dark Brown Eyes: Blue

Discription: Swimmer's build with a little bulking up in the chest and a washbord for a belly. Attractive but not a guy who down plays a lot of attention to that fact.  

Occupation: Intellegnce Officer for the 1188th (Deadman's Hand Div.) Now a Hired Gun

Jason is not his real name nor does the cortex have records that contradict that it is not his name. He was a Browncoat before there was anything by that name. He was the Spy who sent word back about Alliance fleet movements and once the war started joined in the active service. He served as a Intellegnce Officer for the 1188th Infantry Divsion.

Skilled weapons ground based support weapons to the full range of small arms used by both sides in the war and a number of civilian weapons. Skilled in unarmed combat but not the best in the crew. ( I was thinking second maybe third if unarmed combat was going to be a character's major calling.)Also comabt in unusal enviroments.

The man known as Jason Carrier was born on the border world of Boros. He was a supporter of Indepenence because he had seen the heavy hand of the Alliance in suppressing free speech and other freedoms were soon to follow.

He showed a talent for Intellegnce workand his talent for languages allowed him to get info from locals that might have a local langauage unfamilar to others.  He showed a talent also for line infantry combat tactics as the headquarters of his unit was overrun more than once during the war.

Well his side eventally gave up the war. So Jason went underground and shifted his ID for someone else and then again. He never went home and suspected that he might be wanted for his actions during the war.

So since the end of the war he has been keeping an ear to the ground listening for when and maybe where the war is going to restart. He has become a soldier for hire as a few companies get hired out for government work and that might allow him a chance to hear news that will be of import if the second war ever gets started.

But the last job before joining up witht he crew dropped him into a mess with Reavers and he got out just ahead of the spear fired his way. He is not looking for a rematch but knows they are both intellegent and savage.

Will not talk about the war and while not fond of Alliance troops will abide his time waiting for the war to start up again. Otherwise he will talk about places he's been and what combat he might have seen.  

So he has hired on as a hired gun for a percentage of pay and a warm berth. (He can deal with sharing if need be)

Usually carries a well used combat knife in his right boot. Has a simple pistol in a hip holster and a backup slug in small of his back. Has in the armoury a well cared for assualt rifle with 15 clips loaded up for it and slug under Grenade launcher (Sorry no Grenades right now but one can hope ) ((Think M16-A2 with M203 slung  under))

He uses a Combat Vacc suit(Simular to what Mal and Zoe wore over the yellow one Jayne wore).

Jason typically wears nondiscript clothing usually a shirt and slacks typically cover the steel tip combat boots he wears.

Trivia the 1188th's logo was a rotted bony hand holding the Black Suited Aces and Eights with the Queen of Spades as the fifth card.

Edited by G1223, 08 October 2005 - 04:02 PM.

If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#50 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:28 AM

Okay, I posted by background. ^_^
Posted ImagePosted Image
Noticed my avatar and sig changing? Yours can too with the random sig imager!

#51 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:27 AM

This is *so* looking to be an exciting game!!  Thanks to our new RPers for coming to EI!  If you ever need any modly stuff done, let me know :).

#52 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:02 AM

I hate to sound like I'm pushing this, but Quinn, shouldn't we start this? Just because we now have 11 crewmembers- assuming that Jason is accepted soon- and even the Serenity crew only had 9. The ship is getting a little crowded. Lol

~ V.
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#53 Dairina

Dairina
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Okay, everytime I see that avatar with Inara, I want to break down and cry! So sad! Where did you find that picture?

Anyway, I agree, it is getting a little full. I mean, I'm all for lots of great characters, which is what we have, but twelve is getting up there. Although I would hate to shut anyone out...glad I'm not the cap'n.  :unsure:

Excitement is building! Yay~!

#54 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:32 AM

G1223, you're in and you are also going to be the last person to be added to the the crew. Welcome aboard.

GCross2432, on Oct 8 2005, 08:02 AM, said:

I hate to sound like I'm pushing this, but Quinn, shouldn't we start this? Just because we now have 11 crewmembers- assuming that Jason is accepted soon- and even the Serenity crew only had 9. The ship is getting a little crowded. Lol

~ V.
We're starting today my dear so not to fret. I just have to write the first post :) And our ship may be a bit crowded but Quintessa's got the room, we'll be alright

#55 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

Well, here we have it: http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=32287

#56 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

Nice! I'll let someone else make the next move, I've got a game to play! :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Noticed my avatar and sig changing? Yours can too with the random sig imager!

#57 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:33 PM

*Super grin* YAY! *Rushes to go rp*

Dairina- I wish I had this screenshot! Sadly, I got this icon from a site run by Meretrixa, as you can see from the icon props I put at the bottom of my signature. I did a yahoo search for Inara pictures to make my own and this came up.

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 08 October 2005 - 01:43 PM.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#58 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

I was going to say the script format works to help set the scene and we can react off of it.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#59 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:47 PM

*Nods* I don't have a problem really with the script format, it was just a way of doing things that I've never seen used in an rp before. I'll prolly use story format though. ^^; Sorry if that confuses you, folks.

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#60 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

GCross2432, on Oct 8 2005, 11:47 AM, said:

Sorry if that confuses you, folks.

Nope, I don't think that confuses anyone, I actually usually do a "story-like" RP style but I had a lot I wanted to say in the first post and I wanted to hurry up and get it posted so I used the script style as I find it quicker. And I kinda agree with G1223 about the format too. But As I said there is no restriction, anyone can post in any style they want, as long as it is English lol (well and some Chinese will be allowed too)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users