• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:28 PM

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9710472/

Last time I checked, yesterday, it was category 1...It jumped to Category 5 in less then 24hours? My GOD!
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:06 PM

Jumped from 4 to 5 over night...
"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#3 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, there was, I think, a little surprise on the 1 am hurricane hunter report.....
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#4 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, it was a surprise.  Anyone else along Gulf Coast watching this bugger?  'Cause after the season we've had (3 Cat 5's in ONE season) along with going through all the names, it's been one season to forget.

BTW, we evac'd for Rita from where I'm at; my wife and I would prefer NOT to do that again, even though Galveston got mostly wind and rain on the western quadrants.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#5 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:16 PM

Definitely keeping an eye on it LC. I'm up here in Houston, and neither I or the housemate left.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#6 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

At least your not on a sandbar.  Told my wife after we got back that anyone who chooses to live on a glorified sandbar is either crazy or asking for it.  Wait, that's us.   :blush:

#7 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:18 AM

It just occurred to me as the weather guy was mentioning the eye being over Cozumal that I had a customer mention she was heading there sometime in the last week. Hope she isn't there now.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#8 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

With you on that one.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#9 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:31 AM

It's awfully late in the season for a Texas hurricane. Not that this season is normal, but seems like once October leaves, we can relax a bit  here. Florida and the east coast still have to be careful tho...

#10 Mystic Star

Mystic Star
  • Islander
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:50 AM

Im hoping that everyone in wilmas path stays safe and unharmed too.  I have some friends in Florida that say they might be in its direct path and may have to evacuate.

Edited by Mystic Star, 22 October 2005 - 02:51 AM.

#11 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

well as of an hour or so ago, Wilma hit Cancun as a category 3:

see here

so maybe when it hits Florida it will be even weaker.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#12 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

Tropical Storm Alpha has just been declared.  That breaks the record, folks.
Posted Image

#13 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

good Lord not another!

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural Disasters, Hurricane Wilma, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users