Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Office of Special Counsel, CIA investigation.

Plame case Scooter Libby Special Counsel 2005

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 emsparks

emsparks
  • Forever Missed
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:00 AM

Some legal pundits, say that special prosecutorís donít put up web sites unless they plan to indict.

Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald Web Page

Libby indiicted, Rove still under investgation...

Edited by emsparks, 28 October 2005 - 12:50 PM.

Sparky::

Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.

#2 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:46 AM

An exchange from last night's Hardball that has the ring of truth:

MSNBC's Hardball said:

MIKE ALLEN: A lot of activity happening that weíre not seeing. A likely scenario for what happened today, Patrick Fitzgerald got some indictments from this grand jury. He is now able to go to theÖ

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You think theyíre sealed right now?

MIKE ALLEN: Very possible. What Iím told is typically, in a case like this, he could get the indictments and now he can go to the targets and say, you can plead to these or Iíll go back Friday and get more. You have 12 to 24 hours to think about it.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: And he can give them a little Whitman Sampler of suggestions pleading to the charge of obstruction or perjury orÖ

MIKE ALLEN: I can add a bunch of counts. You can take a couple of counts or we can do a bunch more.

Sounds like Friday is Fitzmas.  Which makes today Fitzmas Eve :)

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:03 PM

The suspense!  :p  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#4 Caretaker

Caretaker
  • Islander
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:28 PM

MSNBC is reporting that Rove seems to be in the clear, according to The New York Times.  :rolleyes:

#5 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:04 AM

Caretaker, on Oct 27 2005, 10:28 PM, said:

MSNBC is reporting that Rove seems to be in the clear, according to The New York Times:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I heard that this morning and thought, huh? If nothing else, Rove was less than truthful under oath early on in the investigation. So I thought he'd get charged with perjury.

Then I read a blurb from the NYT article stating that Fitzgerald is probably going to continue the Rove part of the investigation. So Rove's going to have to twist in the wind a little longer.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#6 Caretaker

Caretaker
  • Islander
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

I'm not sure how grand juries actually work, but I thought this grand jury expires today.  Is the investigating wrong doing on Rove's part a separate thing? That's the impression I'm getting based on "continued investigation" with the grand jury finishing today.

#7 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:04 PM

Has anyone seen anything about ANYONE getting charged with leaking possible classified information (in this case, a government identity of a CIA employee).

All I've seen so far is a 5 count indictment on Libby that had to do with the investigation itself, and not the actual "leak".

Corwin
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

#8 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:12 PM

Corwin: All I've seen so far is a 5 count indictment on Libby that had to do with the investigation itself, and not the actual "leak".

That's not really surprising. I remember reading this summer that it was hard to prove a violation of the leak law (whatever it's called). So it would have been pretty shocking had this been one of the violations cited in the indictment.

But, it's pretty much a cliche that in Washington the cover-up is often worse than the crime. Libby lied to federal investigators and the grand jury and attempted to obstruct justice--all of which are serious charges and which can earn him up to thirty years in prison.

Edited by Spectacles, 28 October 2005 - 02:13 PM.

"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#9 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:31 PM

You've got that right.... Maybe he should have thought about that BEFORE he lied, regardless of whether anything was actually leaked or not....

Corwin
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plame case, Scooter Libby, Special Counsel, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users