1 reply to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:28 AM

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9855340/

And from AOL news:

Two former New Orleans police officers and a New Orleans firefighter were rejected for jobs in the Dallas Police Department because of allegations they deserted their jobs during Hurricane Katrina.

I personally have no problem with these officers being fired. Although I would consider their leaving their posts and walking off the jobs as them quitting...can you "fire" someone after they've quit?

And while, IMO, they have the right to quit their jobs, I'm glad that Dallas didn't hire them. These are definately not the type of people who should be cops.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:54 AM

I'm glad of it; puts a blot on their records.  

I heard tell of one former NOPD officer trying to get a job in nearby
Baton Rouge, but they flatly turned him down b/c he bolted from his
post in a time of crisis.  

I wouldn't want him either.

Good for NOPD.  Now, they need to do more--like clear out the corruption within the department.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, post-Katrina, NOPD fires officers

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users