• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

So if Plame-gate, a.k.a. Watergate 2: Electric Boogaloo, was a movie, who would your dream cast be?  My shortlist:

Patrick Fitzgerald= Russell Crowe
I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby= James Woods
Karl Rove= Philip Seymour Hoffman
George W. Bush= Timothy Bottoms
Dick Cheney= Richard Dreyfuss
Valerie Plame Wilson= Virginia Madsen
Joseph Wilson IV=Chris Cooper
Judith Miller= Lily Tomlin
Maureen Dowd= Meryl Streep

Anyone else have favorite picks?
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#2 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:03 AM

Great picks -- Though I would maybe switch Dreyfuss and Cooper :)  And I always picture Judy Miller as Harriet Samson Harris (doing her Frasier character, the evil agent from hell, Bebe.)  

Maybe Mary Louise Parker as MoDo?  Too young, I suppose, but they both have that dripping-with-sarcasm thing going on.  Which is not to say that Meryl Streep would be anything but perfect -- in, well, anything.  :)

Edited by _ph, 31 October 2005 - 11:03 AM.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#3 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:50 AM

I like your picks except for the role of Carl Rove...I'd go with Jabba the Hut.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:17 PM

Lesseeee....

Dick Cheney, played by Andrew Dice Clay.  "This Valerie Plame was a dishrag hoo-wah!  Yo, Fitzgerald, you should go @#%& yaself, OH!  Dat... dat's what I t'ink.  Errrk!  Umbahleebabul."

Patrick Fitzgerald - Kevin Spacey.

Scooter - James Caan.

Harriet Miers (yeah, she's not actually involved in the case, but her nomination has become a poker chip in it) - The Crypt Keeper ("Eeee-heee-heeee, kiddies!  I have a very scary story to tell you about a guy I think is the best governor EVER!  Eeee-hee-heee!")

Karl Rove - I think we'd have to have some CGI construct for him.   That, or blow up "Mr. Hankey" really big.  Failing that, we slick down Rosanne Barr.

George W. Bush - Bob Denver.  (or, the animate corpse of Bob Denver).  "The 'W' is for 'Gilligan.' "  

Laura Bush - Jim Carrey, revisiting "Firemarshal Bill," but with a wig on.   Failing that, Johnny Depp's Willie Wonka imitation isn't too far off the mark.

Ann Coulter - a skeleton dipped in rancid yogurt, animated to give it a constant nervous cokehead giggle punctuated by snorts.

Tom DeLay - dye the hair of the guy who plays "Paulie Walnuts" on The Sopranos.  If we can't get him, we go with Gary Busey.

Condoleeza Rice - Steve Buscemi with some makeup and a Betty Crocker wig.

Bill Frist - Christopher Walken

Joe Wilson - J. T. Walsh

Valerie Plame - Uma Thurman

Arnold Schwarzengroper as himself.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#5 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

Isn't this say a Beach or GMD rather than an OT topic?
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#6 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:39 PM

Wonkette thinks Matt Cooper should be played by Dr Phil -- INSPIRED!

#7 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

Are cartoon characters allowed? If so, Cheney has to be played by whatsisname--Mr. Burns?  Homer Simpson's boss.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#8 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:19 AM

tennyson, on Oct 31 2005, 07:32 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given its potential for nastiness, I figured it was better to start it here than have it whisked over after it became heated....

P.S.  I like Mary-Louise Parker as MoDo, so I'll move Meryl Streep over to play Arianna Huffington instead.  We know she could do the accent!

Edited by MuseZack, 01 November 2005 - 12:20 AM.

"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#9 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:44 PM

MuseZack, on Oct 31 2005, 09:19 PM, said:

P.S.  I like Mary-Louise Parker as MoDo, so I'll move Meryl Streep over to play Arianna Huffington instead.  We know she could do the accent!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Inspired!  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#10 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

MuseZack, on Oct 31 2005, 10:20 AM, said:

George W. Bush= Timothy Bottoms

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, this one is sort of a cheat. No studio in the world would let you cast a TV impersonator in an A-list big-screen movie. You'd need a veteran character actor, at least. :)

How about William H. Macy? He does "simple man of questionable fortitude confounded by circumstances beyond his control" so well -- think of Jerry Lundegaard in Fargo.

Edited by Dev F, 01 November 2005 - 07:43 PM.

#11 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:08 PM

MuseZack, on Nov 1 2005, 12:19 AM, said:

P.S.  I like Mary-Louise Parker as MoDo,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, have you read Studio 7 yet?  (Simply brilliant.)  Maybe we really will get to see Mary Louise as MoDo (aka, Martha).  Seems to be a recurring, rather than a regular, role, so maybe she could do double-duty (assuming Weeds gets renewed, and IMO, it's deserving).

#12 Nonprofit

Nonprofit
  • Islander
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

MuseZack Posted Oct 31 2005, 11:19 PM

tennyson @ Oct 31 2005, 07:32 PM

Given its potential for nastiness, I figured it was better to start it here than have it whisked over after it became heated....

P.S. I like Mary-Louise Parker as MoDo, so I'll move Meryl Streep over to play Arianna Huffington instead. We know she could do the accent!

I agree with tennyson's assessment.   :)

It was very generous of Muse Zack  :)  to have saved the mods from having to whisk this thread over here after it became heated and nasty.  But just a  suggestion, try some Windex and a lint free cloth on the old crystal ball before the next prediction.  ;)

RuReddy

#13 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

_ph, on Oct 31 2005, 08:03 AM, said:

Great picks -- Though I would maybe switch Dreyfuss and Cooper :)  And I always picture Judy Miller as Harriet Samson Harris (doing her Frasier character, the evil agent from hell, Bebe.) 

Maybe Mary Louise Parker as MoDo?  Too young, I suppose, but they both have that dripping-with-sarcasm thing going on.  Which is not to say that Meryl Streep would be anything but perfect -- in, well, anything.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the Drefuss/Cooper switch as well.  :ninja:

And I love Macy as Dubya as well. It takes talent to look that dumb. Really.  :p

Edited by Rhea, 10 November 2005 - 07:19 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#14 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:35 PM

Rhea, on Nov 10 2005, 04:17 PM, said:

And I love Macy as Dubya as well. It takes talent to look that dumb. Really.  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:  :lol:  I may not have many casting ideas myself, but I sure am enjoying the ones you all are coming up with.  :hehe:  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plame case, humor, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users