5 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 08:58 PM

http://story.news.ya...usa_lawyer_dc_2

Not much on details, but I'm glad we're taking care of him. Presumably, this extends to his family as well.

Edited by Certifiably Cait, 26 August 2012 - 03:06 PM.

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:01 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Apr 29 2003, 06:48 PM, said:

http://story.news.ya...usa_lawyer_dc_2

Not much on details, but I'm glad we're taking care of him. Presumably, this extends to his family as well.
I'm also glad we're taking care of this guy who stuck his neck out to help PFC Lynch.  It's too bad it doesn't seem to be safe for him in Iraq, though.

Zack
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,807 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:27 PM

Isn't it amazing -- a lawyer doing a good deed! :devil:

Seriously... what I can't figure out is what he needs asylum from.  I mean, the regime he defied is gone, right?  Of course, I should know that nothing in the Mideast is ever that black-and-white.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:40 PM

You're both right.

But it only takes one lone nut to figure out who this guy is and take the issue in his own hands.

Or maybe this lawyer just wanted to live in America instead of Iraq, and we could hardly begrudge him that.

I think the main issue is this:

Let's say that-- no matter how unlikely it is-- this guy was to be knocked off by a remnant of the regime. Not only would it be a human tragedy, it would also be a political mess. Who would ever help us again?
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#5 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:49 PM

Just days after pfc Lynch's resque, some folks from Malden West Virginia, formed "Friends Of Mohamand", and began work to try to bring he nad his family to the US. Looks like they were headed to the USA all along. Malden is about 10 minutes from where I live. It has two stores, a funeral home, anmd a drug store, and no stop lights.

A quick Google for Malden West Virginia turned up , well, I stopped looking after 23 pages. Most concern Booker T. Washington, who grew up in Malden. Also mentioned the Old Folks home, and Attorney Larry Rowe, who has an office in town.

http://www.google.co...-8&start=0&sa=N
Can't Touch This!!

#6 Guest-AleisterCrowley-Guest

Guest-AleisterCrowley-Guest

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:51 AM

As well they should...that man deserves American citizenship, a job, and the thanks of a grateful nation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Political Asylum, Iraq

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users