Sorry szh, :blush: I'm finding it hard to tell in this thread :rolleyes:

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#42 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

I didn't call any opinions lies. I called your lies lies. You began the thread by accusing people of believing/saying stuff that they don't (and in order to belittle and make fun of them). And now by following that up with a false accusation, you've added hypocrisy to it.

You're absolutely right Delvo, I've NEVER heard ANY of those "lies" spouted by anyone :sarcasm:  Nope, I've NEVER heard some religious folk claim that raising kids in a gay household will make the kids gay...Nope not EVER :suspect:

I've also NEVER heard anyone say being gay is unnatural...Nope, it doesn't happen 1000's of times a day.

I've likewise never heard these same anti-gay marriage folks claim they're for denying gays the right to marry because they don't reproduce (while ignoring the fact that many straight couples can't or don't have kids either).

I've also not heard oodles of references to "if you allow gays to marry the next thing ya know, we'll be allowing people to marry their dobermans. :whistle:

Oh wait, as a matter of fact, I HAVE heard all of those and some things even more ignorant than that...apparently art (parody) DOES immitate life. The really offensive part of Sparky's post is the rather large "grain" (more like chunk actually) of truth in the parody.

Edited by Lin731, 11 November 2005 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Natasha Bennett

Natasha Bennett
  • Demigod
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

Delvo, not that it's relevant but at no one point did I find SparkyCola saying he was a liberal. I might have missed earlier threads but all I see is a genuine attempt at humor (hence the thread being on the beach instead of OT). Something of which is something this board seems to be sorely lacking off (or maybe I'm just in the wrong threads all the time! :) ).

So sorry, but your posts are coming off as being really mean where there's no reason to be.  :(

You know, it's very difficult for some members to start threads and express their opinions at all, and this is a good example why.

Edited by Topaz, 11 November 2005 - 08:39 PM.

#44 Rhade's Rose

Rhade's Rose

not a [force] to be reckoned w.i.t.h.

• Islander
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

SparkyCola, I took this as a joke and found it quite funny. I, myself, am a Christian and have someone very close to me who has a gay relative, so it's not to say that I'm not in the boat or whatever.
Yeah, I have my own beliefs and opinions but c'mon peeps, this is a joke..and was meant to be one. Take it with a grain of salt, don't poop a cow, and CHILL! :cool: ...breathe people, breathe. :rolleyes: The 'real-world' has enough issues, do we need to start one in cyberspace??

How about we laugh a little?? Oy vey!
~*The Rose*~

Keeper Titles:
Keeper of Telemachus Rhade
Keeper of The ever-leaving Rafe Valentine
Keeper of Sheppard's Puddle Jumper
Keeper of Dylan's Innermost Fear
Keeper of Tyr, the carrot
Keeper of Trance's Altered colors,
Keeper of Mr. Tumnus' Red Scarf
Keeper of Frodo's Burden

"Sometimes you just have to allow people to make the mistakes they need to make."
--Trance, IMALL

O'Neill: Why'd you become a pilot?
Sheppard: I think people who don't want to fly are crazy.

#45 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

Thank you, Lin, Topaz, RR. :hugs: ^ (though it's 'she', technically, Topaz ;) )

And I'm glad you thought it was funny Rhade's Rose :) it was indeed meant to be.

Sparky

#46 Natasha Bennett

Natasha Bennett
  • Demigod
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

Er, right...it's just your name's kind of....okay, I'm stopping now.  :upside:  :lol:

#47 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:51 PM

A lot of people think I'm a guy because of emsparks also being Sparky...which is fair enough I suppose :)

But my nickname is purely a tribute to Harper :love:

Sparky

#48 Rhade's Rose

Rhade's Rose

not a [force] to be reckoned w.i.t.h.

• Islander
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:06 PM

:harper: Yeah...he deserves a tribute :wub: ;)
~*The Rose*~

Keeper Titles:
Keeper of Telemachus Rhade
Keeper of The ever-leaving Rafe Valentine
Keeper of Sheppard's Puddle Jumper
Keeper of Dylan's Innermost Fear
Keeper of Tyr, the carrot
Keeper of Trance's Altered colors,
Keeper of Mr. Tumnus' Red Scarf
Keeper of Frodo's Burden

"Sometimes you just have to allow people to make the mistakes they need to make."
--Trance, IMALL

O'Neill: Why'd you become a pilot?
Sheppard: I think people who don't want to fly are crazy.

#49 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

SparkyCola, on Nov 11 2005, 03:34 PM, said:

I think this is the most obvious indication that it's not serious:

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that
hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Sparky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean...

Well shoot.

:wideeyed:
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#50 Neptunian

Neptunian
  • Islander
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:45 PM

szhismine, on Nov 12 2005, 02:49 AM, said:

3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight
parents only raise straight children.

if that were true no one would be gay. so not only is is that statement impossible, it's also a lie. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, and it sucks that some liberals even feel the need to argue that particular point -- that the kids raised by gay people might end up *gasp* gay *shudder*.

Sorry if it offends anyone's beliefs, but I thought the one about the world needing more kids was hilarious.  :lol:

#51 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

I'm *sure* I've seen this list posted on EI before, and oddly enough, I think it may have been handled almost maturely in that old thread, which is more than can be said for this one.

SparkyCola said:

Delvo said:

Gee, wow... another case of liberals pandering their libel/slander about people who aren't enough like them, then trying to hide behind obviously bogus claims that it's "just humor/satire" and act all sweet and innocent about their lies and attacks.
Whatever happened to freedom of speech, one wonders.

It's typical of certain people to play the "trivialize, dismiss, and degrade everyone who disagrees" game. "Freedom of speech" doesn't work for some people unless it agrees with them.

SparkyCola said:

Calling my opinions lies is far more slanderous than anything I have said.

It's typical of certain people to attack others as liberal liars if they say things that come from their own experiences, and those things are contrary to certain people's own beliefs and all the rants of radio talk show hosts. :rolleyes:

Delvo said:

I didn't call any opinions lies. I called your lies lies.

Typical. :lol:

Topaz said:

So sorry, but your posts are coming off as being really mean where there's no reason to be.

It's typical... but I've said that already. :hehe:
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#52 Natasha Bennett

Natasha Bennett
  • Demigod
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

^So your basic opinion is all three of us are wrong (since all of us are quoted)?

Fair enough  :)

I kinda wish this thread had stayed in the beach mostly because OT is what I consider to be usually a more serious forum, but I can understand why people wanted it moved.  :cool:

Edited by Topaz, 11 November 2005 - 10:11 PM.

#53 Smiley

Smiley

harumph

• Islander
  • 937 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

A beautiful example of semi-satire doing its job. I love how truths stick in the craw of some folk. However, I really don't understand the need for liberal-this and liberal-that. How do any of you know anything about anyone else? It seem very presumptuous and ad hoc to me. But hey, whatever floats your argument. As for homosexuality, it is not my business, nor anyone else's. Except of course their's. People are just wound up so tight about things that have hardly any effect on them that it is amazing they just don't shut down.

Oh no gay people.....run! They're destroying civilization! Get real.  :rolleyes:
Thanks again for posting it.
Friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to kill you.
See Ya Space Cowboy

#54 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:02 AM

SparkyCola, on Nov 11 2005, 11:47 PM, said:

Gee, wow... another case of liberals pandering their libel/slander about people who aren't enough like them, then trying to hide behind obviously bogus claims that it's "just humor/satire" and act all sweet and innocent about their lies and attacks.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech, one wonders. Calling my opinions lies is far more slanderous than anything I have said. I didn't mean to make anyone feel attacked - again, I'm sorry you feel that way, call it a lie if you will but I am against prejudice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awww don't worry, it's just Delvo being his usual giggly self. ;)

enTranced
Posted Image

#55 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

Smiley, on Nov 12 2005, 03:44 AM, said:

Oh no gay people.....run! They're destroying civilization! Get real.  :rolleyes:
Thanks again for posting it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*snort*

It's true there ARE folks out there that think folks being gay is worse then all of our REAL problems these days. Don't get it and before Delvo chimes in again sorry, the fact that i am not a bigot does NOT make me liberal no matter what others think.

What makes me liberal is my bleeding heart pinko commie blue state values!  :hehe:

Hey I'm from Beantown home of the flip-floppers what do you expect?

enTranced

Edited by enTranced, 13 November 2005 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

#56 White Tiger

White Tiger

God, The Universe and everything...

• Islander
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:19 AM

Awww don't worry, it's just Delvo being his usual giggly self.

enTranced

snicker :wideeyed:  :D  :happy:
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.
And the ONE MILLIONTH POSTER ON EXISLE!

#57 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:43 AM

Avoiding the real subject with personal attacks instead, and shooting the messenger for what you know is true but didn't want to hear: classic signs of having nothing else left to say because you know you've already lost. ;) :angel:

#58 Natasha Bennett

Natasha Bennett
  • Demigod
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

^No reason to talk then, since neither of us are bothering to listen.  :)

#59 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

The world would be a poorer place without gay people.

No hairdressers, no manicurists, no pedicurists, no fashion designers, fewer artists, fewer classical composers, fewer songwriters, no interior decorators, no architects, no display artists . . .

. . . no football, with a quarterback intently appraising that row of firm, shapely, athletic buttocks, like a housewife in the produce section of a supermarket . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#60 JchaosRS

JchaosRS

Ordered Chaos

• Islander
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

enTranced, on Nov 11 2005, 02:33 PM, said:

Kura, on Nov 11 2005, 09:04 PM, said:

enTranced, on Nov 11 2005, 06:16 PM, said:

You know I had a gay friend tell me that the reason right-wingers fear gay people getting married and having the same rigths as the rest of us is that they know that if two gays raise a child it will produce a child who is a terrifing SUPER-GAY who will take over the world and make us all gay and dress better.  :eek4:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean this isn't true? :eek4:  :wink:
:hehe:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's much funnier when you say Super-Gay with a Darth Vador twist like he does. It is truely the funniest thing I have ever heard.  :cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even with out the "Darth Vador twist my monitor is now wearing Diet Pepsi. Thank you very much.

gsmonks, on Nov 11 2005, 10:51 PM, said:

The world would be a poorer place without gay people.

No hairdressers, no manicurists, no pedicurists, no fashion designers, fewer artists, fewer classical composers, fewer songwriters, no interior decorators, no architects, no display artists . . .

. . . no football, with a quarterback intently appraising that row of firm, shapely, athletic buttocks, like a housewife in the produce section of a supermarket . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now THAT made me fall out of my chair.  :lol:

I thank you for this thread Sparky. It lightened up my evening.
Will be eternally Rommie's Slave
Jays Music Videos | Jeremy Farnum | LexaFans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marriage satire, Same sex marriage, marriage

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users