• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:44 AM

I know exactly what Delvo is saying, and I agree.

The Feminist thing, in certain respects, has become a highjacked perversion of the Women's Rights movements of the past. I know how this is going to sound, but I am going to say it anyway: The Women's Rights movement was hijacked by self-serving bulldykes who steered and perverted the movement into what today is known as the Feminist movement.

I'm not talking through my hat here. I know exactly what I'm talking about, and before you "feminists" get your dander up, hold off on the resentment and listen:

I have a long line of very strong women in my family. My great-grandmother was a suffragette (sp?), the real thing, one of the women who got all you modern women the vote. Like her mother before her, she was the real deal. She was beaten by cops, she starved herself, she did repeated time in jail, she demonstrated, she did all the things modern women only pay lip-service to. She fought for real things. She didn't waste time with idle talk.

My grandmother was a rebellious flapper in the 1920's, and from the 20's to the 40's, that generation of women were referred to as "emancipated".

I was raised by my grandmother, and she was sickened when the Feminist movement came along. She called a spade a spade, and was not fooled by the bulldykes hijacking the Womens' Rights Movement. They subverted the Womens' Rights Movement to further their own agenda, and part of their agenda was to degrade and put down men at every opportunity.

You younger women are not old enough to remember the bulldykes descending upon Parliament Hill in the 1960's. They held huge rallies, and they were one twisted piece of work.

That is NOT what the Womens' Rights Movement was about. The bulldykes talked about "equality". The Womens' Rights Movement knew that was bullcrap from the get-go. Men and women can not be equal because men and women are different. The Womens' Rights Movement was after fairness not equality. There is a world of difference between the Womens' Rights Movement and the bulldyke Feminist agenda. Besides, my grandmother used to say, why on earth would women want to be treated like men? They're not men.

During the sixties, a hard core of bulldykes worked their way into such organisations as the CRTC (Canadian Radio, Television and Telecommunications Commission) and the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). They successfully hijacked both organisations, which is partly why neither organisation is today representative of this country's demographics.

My great-grandmother was well-known in Tacoma and the Lower Mainland, 'way back when, and some members of the bulldyke Feminist movement came to my grandmother on more than one occasion when they were working on projects whose aim was to "research the roots of the Feminist movement".

My grandmother spelled it out for them. The Feminist movement was a sixties phenomenon. What came before had nothing whatever in common with the Feminist movement, and my grandmother was not about to taint the memory of her mother by falsifying the historical record.

The Feminist bulldykes who came to visit us visited a number of other women of my grandmother's generation, and I'm happy to say that they practically got run out of town on a rail.

There is a modern Womens' movement, but it is really screwed up. It's in sad shape. On the one hand you have Political Correctness, which prevents people from talking openly and honestly about what the movement has become, or how it got derailed, or what is wrong with it, or how to fix it. The Political Correctness also hamstrings putting together any mechanism that would show the bulldykes up for what they are, so that reasonable people could put them in their place and set the dogs after them. And the modern Womens' movement is screwed up because of hangers-on, such as immasculated men who call themselves Feminists, who don't have the guts to be honest about how false and perverse the movement has become.

Don't for one minute assume I'm anti-lesbian: that's not what we're talking about here. I have lesbi-friends who are well-aware of what I'm talking about here, and who think and feel as I do, that the modern Women's movement has been hihacked by vicious, man-hating, axe-grinding bulldykes with an agenda.

Through the CBC and the CRTC, women are unwittingly being sucked into playing out this agenda. The way it works is similar to the manner in which the Brownshirts oprated in pre-war Nazi Germany. There was no official policy behind their actions. What there was was an unspoken climate of licence, and it was this poisonous atmosphere that was the breeding-ground for the Brownshirts' actions.

What is triggering this behaviour in young women is the clues they are surrounded with in the media. "Normal" people are portrayed as affluent, young, and with Hollywood "good looks". The middle-aged men they see portrayed in the media are always scum, bad-guys, marginalised people, thieves, pervs. Parents are generally portrayed as youthful-forever Hollywood movie stars.

Look at your average bad guy in shows watched by young women. They are almost always guys, they are almost always single, they are predominantly men who have male-pattern baldness (probably because they're not shallow or vain enough to go in for a hair-plug transplant), and they are portrayed as slimy, greasy perverts.

Young people don't grow brains until they get older, anyway, so when young women see this type of man, it is unlikely they've ever seen such a person portrayed in a good light. And when "okay" men are portrayed on television, they're almost always a ventriloquist act. They open their mouths, feminist bulldyke political correctness spews out of it.

Thankfully there are a few exceptions: the guy who plays the dad on That 70's Show. The guy who plays House. But see what I mean? It's a short list.

The bulldyke Feminists also did a hatchet job on the field on modern psychology. They literally hijacked the field, and were so successful for so long, that it was almost against the law to suggest that men and women were different in any way. Certainly such talk could and often did end a career.

Here in Canada we act like we're amazed that "Creationism" is forced on US school-kids, along with "Intelligent Design", and yet in our own psychology textbooks, the canon, that runs contrary to fact and evidence, was that men's and women's brains are the same, that girls are taught to act like girls, and boys are taught to act like boys.

This perverted interference actually ended up backfiring, because it led to generations of psychologists and psychiatrists believing that homosexuality was a "correctable behavioural problem" (this is not the same thing as behavioural psychologists arriving at the same mistaken conclusion). Meanwhile, attempts to rectify this sickness in the psychology world were hamstrung by people with various agendas trying to influence the outcome. Homosexual men and women were fiercely lobbying, of all things, research institutes, trying through legal means to skew the outcome in their favour.

The problem with the bulldykes was that they wanted to have it both ways: they wanted established canon to be that men and women are the same on the one hand, but on the other resented it when sexual behaviour in the real world dictated otherwise, and they didn't like it when researchers natually wanted to explore those "apparent" differences.

Pollster Allan Greg recently said of modern life that one of its predominant characteristics is that of a "joyless prosperity", and it must be wondered why as a people in this age of unprecendented affluence so many people waste so much time being so bloody mean-spirited.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#42 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:48 AM

GSMonks,  I agree with a lot of what  you are saying.  I too am a strong woman and a lot of the modern feminist movement annoys me to no end.

Balance is needed and we are far from being there yet.  Unfortunately those who are yelling the loudest seem to speak for all of us.  And as with everything like that, it is simply not the case.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#43 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:25 AM

GiGi, on Dec 5 2005, 01:48 AM, said:

GSMonks,  I agree with a lot of what  you are saying.  I too am a strong woman and a lot of the modern feminist movement annoys me to no end.

Balance is needed and we are far from being there yet.  Unfortunately those who are yelling the loudest seem to speak for all of us.  And as with everything like that, it is simply not the case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope you realise that when I'm being over-the-top like that, I'm being both serious and tongue-in-cheek at the same time. The idea is to spark both agreement and disagreement. I'm sure both sides have lots to say on their account. Not all Feminists are rabid bulldykes with an axe to grind.

But you're exactly right- those yelling the loudest are allowed to speak for all, which they most certainly do not.

My impression of what's happening is that the level-headed are both silent and disenfranshised. They do a lot of griping, but the griping is barely noticed, and is certainly not factored into the equation.

Stereotypes are a big part of the problem. So many of them are accepted, yet are false and misleading.

An example from the world of psychology is the stereotype, which is also a myth, that bullies are bullies because they suffer from low self-esteem. This is a myth. It is untrue. It is something that got passed down, generation after generation, and it is only recently that modern researchers said, "Whoah! Wait a minute! Who says that's true? Where's the data? Where's the research?" When none was offered, it was found, surprise, surprise, that none existed. Zero. Zilch. Nada. There never had been any research done that supported such an assertion. In fact, no one had once done any research to test whether the assertion was true or not. Not once. And the assertion itself turned out to be a fiction.

So they went ahead and did some research. And what did the research show? That all that stuff about bullies and low self-esteem was an assumption not based on fact. In a word, it was a load of malarky. The greatest number of bullies, it turns out, are those with inflated egos and an inflated sense of entitlement. Like the "in" guys and gals in school. They're the worst bullies, they always have been, and there are lots of them. They are not just a few poor, misunderstood, disenfranchised people with low self-esteem.

Oops.

I think this same type of misperception surrounds the mainstream of modern women. I certainly know no one who thinks like the CBC or the CRTC, and I have a big circle of friends, acquaintances and colleages.

A common complaint I hear from my women friends is that of being misrepresented and misinterpereted. Those who are career women are sick to death of being patronised and misunderstood and misrepresented.

A friend of mine, for example, was ambushed at a meeting and asked to speak on the subject of, not sexual harassment, but rather the appearance of it through this twisted little game her colleagues had been playing, where this non-existent "problem" was repeatedly inferred in sleazy roundabout language, without open accusations ever being made, or any one person singled out as having actually done anything (which they hadn't).

My friend responded by letting the troublemakers have it with both barrels. She just spelled it all out, laid it all out, explained who started this brand of poisonous troublemaking, and who was responsible for perpetuating it, and how it worked and who was doing it and why.

She is now the CEO of that company (they're a big paint company in Alberta), and has the genuine respect of all the women and men working there, and one of her first acts was to open an investigation into what's called a "poisoned workplace". The sleazebags were all sussed out and summarily dismissed.

What I find very, very disappointing is that all but two of the sleazebags were women! It boggles my mind how they could come so far in the world, only to turn into the very thing that they professed to hate!

The mind boggles.

#44 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:34 AM

Sorry- didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, here!

A statistic I recently came across is that a very high percentage of people who abduct children are women. Apparently they do it because a woman is far less likely to be stopped if she's dealing with a screaming child than a man, even if the child is screaming, "She's not my mommy!"

So there are predators of both sides of the sexual divide.

Either way, though, it is highly unlikely that a sexual predator is going to do anything on an aeroplane! The pattern of behaviour of sexual predators is that they take their victim to a place of privacy, usually a place of total isolation.

That certainly does not describe any aeroplane I've flown on. Privacy on an aeroplane is something one can only dream about.

#45 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:05 AM

You make a lot of good points, gsmonks. I've been noticing for a while that the modern incarnation of feminism (well the really vocal ones at least) seems to be more about repressing men than actual women's rights.

They complain that women are treated differently than men, but women are different. It's biological fact and, aside from getting a surgical gender change, all the fairness in the world doesn't change the fact that women are different from men at a fundamental level.

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#46 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

What's encouraging here is that there seems to be increasing awareness of the wackiness that has become the modern feminist movement. That's a good thing.

sierraleone - you are right - I overlooked the matter of "unaccompanied" children because of the title of the thread. My bad. :blush:

Delvo - for the record, what were some of those accusations?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#47 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

The View seems to be covering the male-female topic today.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#48 Schmokie_Dragon

Schmokie_Dragon

Crazy Fish Lady

• Islander
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:14 PM

gsmonks - what she said! :D I couldn't agree more.

As for the 'accusations', I cant vouch for Delvo here but having often read womens magazines (being a lass n all) I can give a few examples:

- Men only want sex
- They are insensitive
- They cant deal with emotions
- They try to solve everything and are really unsupportive

etc etc

all obviously over generalisations and exaggerations, and dont apply to the majority of males
Posted Image

#49 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:44 PM

QueenTiye, on Dec 5 2005, 10:55 AM, said:

Delvo - for the record, what were some of those accusations?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Schmokie_Dragon, on Dec 5 2005, 05:14 PM, said:

I cant vouch for Delvo here but having often read womens magazines (being a lass n all) I can give a few examples:

- Men only want sex
- They are insensitive
- They cant deal with emotions
- They try to solve everything and are really unsupportive

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And we try to order women around but never do anything for ourselves or for them, we're alcoholic, we're extremely stoopid, the only time we're ever nice or considerate is when we're trying like children to get something from someone, we're perverts, we're extremely stoopid, we're cheap and stingy when we don't want to spend lots of money but materialistic and treating women like whores when we do, we're narcissistic and have bloated egos if we keep ourselves in shape at all but fat lazy slovenly slop-slurping slobs if we don't so much, we're laughably inept when it's revealed that we can't do something but show-offs when it's revealed that we can, we're extremely stoopid, we're "scared" or lacking self-esteem or stuck up or whatever else a woman can come up with if we don't hit on women but talked about like we've just dealt out some horrible insult or offense against them in our arrogance if we do...

Even the subject of "there's only one thing ever on our minds" keeps jumping around from sex to cars to football to beer to pointless aggression to violence to video games and on and on... but there's still just one, whatever it might be at the moment. :sarcasm:

#50 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

Ah!

I believe I used a variant of the same a few days ago... :angel:  

But yeah, there's a steady stream of these kinds of things - and I had noticed it back in college, when it suddenly became uncomfortable to have a boyfriend that you actually... <gasps> liked.  There's a level at which some of that is "just joking" but there's another tone in which it clearly isn't - and then there's the women's magazine thing that transforms a joke into an academically accepted fact. :(  So yeah.  I get it.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#51 Schmokie_Dragon

Schmokie_Dragon

Crazy Fish Lady

• Islander
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:27 PM

Guys, for the record, I think you are all lovely people until proven otherwise!
Posted Image

#52 darthsikle

darthsikle
  • Dead account
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:10 PM

ehhh, strangely enough I don't have a problem with this policy.
Goodbye.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Culture, Sexism, Quantas, Bans Men, Discrimination

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users