• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 12:17 AM

The great conspiracy on how the US won the Persian Gulf War II so easily has been revealed buy the professional dedicated stalwart vanguard of the Arab media…  

Arab Volunteer Explains Conspiracy Theory of Iraq Defeat

"On Friday, April 4, we were given three Rocket-propelled grenades each and backed by a guard carrying a Kalashnikov. But when fighting began we found that our weapons did not hit the U.S. tanks or any of their armored vehicles,"

Khaled knew the cause, apparently after it was a bit late.

"We found that the U.S. tanks were encircled by magnetic waves that encounter any enemy fire and send fire on them to no avail, no wonder 13 of our members returned although counted 55 before the battle"

The withdrawal of the Iraqi army from towns and barracks a mystry not only to Arab volunteers but also to many people world-wide.

They wanted to live and value their lives....

Edited by Certifiably Cait, 26 August 2012 - 03:17 PM.

"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#2 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:09 AM

I didn't know we had secret powers :lol:

And, after conversing with CJ over PM, moving to the current events forum!
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#3 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 05:00 AM

of course we have secret powers!!
how else could we hit a jeeb with a missle from 300 miles away??
its black magic!!!
too bad the USS enterprise was off fighting the borg, a couple of photon torpedoes would have really done the trick...
and dangit the andromeda was off fighting the MWS too  :crazy:

#4 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

A wanderer, and a picker-up of unregarded trifles.

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 07:49 AM

I don't know about tanks, but Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers have some sort electronic shield around them.

The company my father runs is involved in putting on in the water boat shows in this area. Earlier this week, he was on one of the boats towing a string of about a dozen or so floating docks across the Bay to go back into storage. They can't go much faster than about four knots when they do this, or the lead dock will start to submarine, and since the tops aren't sealed, fill up with water. They won't sink because of the flotation foam, but they will be a lot heavier, and a lot harder to tow.

An Arleigh Burke-class, which is what the USS Cole was, was anchored in the Naval anchorage with a couple Marines or SEALS or whatever doing perimeter patrol in an RHIB, making sure nobody entered the 500 yard exclusion zone.

Well, my father's boat was passing about 700-800 yards away, and right when they got to the intersect point, the speed indicator on the GPS jumped from four knots to 21, or in other words, the boat, and the string of docks it was towing, would have had to instantly quintuple its speed in the less than thirty seconds it takes to update the GPS between one position fix and the next.

Imagine what something like this would do to the guidance system of any missile aimed at the ship.
And let us, ciphers to this great accompt,
On your imaginary forces work.

-Wm. Shakespeare Henry V Prologue

Now, was it just the eggs? Or was the ham green as well?

#5 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 08:32 AM

Yes, its called electronic warfare and it hasn't been new since World War 2. Deception and barrage jamming are old hat.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#6 Uncle Sid

Uncle Sid

Highly impressionable

• Islander
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 08:35 AM

Heh, well it could be a jammer was running, but those destroyers are AEGIS destroyers and what he might have been getting was just a little taste of the good old SPY-1D radar set.  Those things are pretty darn powerful and unlike usual search radars, the AEGIS radars emit in all directions constantly, unlike other search radars that rotate one signal around 360 degrees (producing the radar sweep line you see on radar scopes).
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users