Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Who really died at New Orleans, and how many?

Katrina Post-Katrina

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Eskaminzim

Eskaminzim

Head eggs and butt toast

• Islander
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

At this point in time, the folks I'm really feeling it for are those in the Mississippi coastal towns--absolutely no offense intended for those in and around NO.  But NO, for everything else its lacking, has no lack of national brand name recognition and all-star support.  There are benefits, dinners, commercials, news reports, news reports, news reports.  And I think that that's fantastic, because that city was devestated and deserves all the help and support it can get.

But who's speaking for those Mississippi coast towns that got wiped completely off the map?  Who's speaking for those folks living in tents, in rusted out cars, out in the open?  FEMA hasn't even gotten to many of them yet.  They don't even have damn trailers.  Nor do they have anyone to come in and start cleaning up the rubble, let alone starting to rebuild ANYTHING at all.

These folks deserve help, too, and now, that's where my help is going.

#22 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:44 PM

Eskaminzim, on Dec 24 2005, 01:20 PM, said:

At this point in time, the folks I'm really feeling it for are those in the Mississippi coastal towns--absolutely no offense intended for those in and around NO.  But NO, for everything else its lacking, has no lack of national brand name recognition and all-star support.  There are benefits, dinners, commercials, news reports, news reports, news reports.  And I think that that's fantastic, because that city was devestated and deserves all the help and support it can get.

But who's speaking for those Mississippi coast towns that got wiped completely off the map?  Who's speaking for those folks living in tents, in rusted out cars, out in the open?  FEMA hasn't even gotten to many of them yet.  They don't even have damn trailers.  Nor do they have anyone to come in and start cleaning up the rubble, let alone starting to rebuild ANYTHING at all.

These folks deserve help, too, and now, that's where my help is going.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the same here in St Tammany Parish.  I know people who are still waiting for their trailers and living in tents or where ever they can find.  It's the same all over.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#23 Gefiltefishmon

Gefiltefishmon

Oolong Caluphids Private Secretary

• Islander
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:11 AM

Delvo, on Dec 22 2005, 11:35 AM, said:

But there actually could be racial significance (of the kind that's bad for black people) in the victim demographic data anyway, in a more hidden form: the high ages of the victims could be the reason why it's leaning toward the white, because white people are more likely than black ones to get to such high ages in the first place...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that IS an interesting idea. I hadn't thought about that, but you raise an interesting point. Wonder if anyone is doing any research on that?
"To know that you do not know is the best. To act from the pretense that you know when you do not know is a disease" - Lao Tzu

"From All, One; and From One, All" - Heraclitus

"Let me be clear: however the world's goblet turns there will always be those drunk on the wine of the Self" - Ghalib

"A 'politically savvy challenge to evolution' is as self-evidently ridiculous as an agriculturally savvy challenge to euclidean geometry would be." - Charles Pierce

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Katrina, Post-Katrina

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users