• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

Hello and welcome! ^_^ I decided to start a Star Wars rp, so I'm hoping some people join!  :D  I know Shea showed intrest, which is why I started this informative joining topic!

I'm thinking of basing the rp around the new Jedi Order and possibly the new Sith Council, depending on how many people are interested in being evil. :p  Of course, you will have a chance to enter characters who don't have Force powers. After all, the majority of people don't have a usable gift!

This is going to be an AU TCP rp based solely on the movies and disregarding the books entirely. ^^; Even if you haven't seen all the movies, so long as you have a basic grasp of the universe it'll be fine, since it's taking place a few years after the last movie.

Here's something of a backstory:

~5 years after the Emperor is destroyed~

The new Jedi Order has a small group of seperate temples, each hidden from all since the new Jedi have a reasonable paranoia spawning from the tragic and horrifying destruction of the original Order. Still, the Jedi could not be allowed to die out completely and so the first school was founded after the Emperor's death by a few of the Jedi who escaped the slaughter of Revenge of the Sith and their students. Their ranks are slowly growing within each school, and the 5 coucil members who run each part of the new Order meet every few months at different locations to discuss the growing strength of their movement, since it was agreed that no council should know the location of all the schools; each member elects one member who knows not just of their school, but of one other school so that all can be kept informed in the event of an emergency.

Unfortunately, the Dark Side has not been silent. Although their ranks died out, the Sith would be around for as long as the Jedi, and a few who were trained at the schools were kicked out after it was discovered that they were dabbling in the Dark Side. They have no knowledge of where exactly the schools are, but some have managed to find each other and form the new Sith Council. They seek pupils to induct as avidly as the Jedi do, so their numbers are growing as well, if a bit more slowly. Soon the Jedi may just have another battle on their hands....

So, if you're interested in joining, there are a few things that will need to be known for everyone else participating, so I've come up with a short and simple form for interested parties!

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Force(Y/N):

Side(Jedi/Sith/Neutral): (Also include your level if you're a Jedi or Sith. The levels are youngling, advanced youngling(new to the new Order; it's for those inductees who were taken in after the age of 3), padawans, Knights and Masters. For info on most of these levels, see the Jedi ranks section of this page.)

Lightsaber color: (This is for Jedi/Sith only, and for Jedi the colors are blue/green, and Sith have the options of red and yellow. Any other colors need to be run by me for approval, and very few will be allowed. ^^ Sorry guys.)

Occupation(if not J/S):

Short Background:

(I'm leaving personality up to you people. If you want to put it in, feel free, but it's not required. I'm sure that we'll catch on as things go along! ^^)

I would like to request that you carefully consider your character before posting, and try not to make everyone like Yoda or Mace Windu. Be warned that if I don't approve of something in your character- it isn't likely to happen, but I may as well put in a disclaimer now, before something happens- you'll have to fix it before you begin rping. I don't have many rules, especially not ones I seriously enforce, so please respect the ones I do put up.

This post will be updated as the rp goes on to let people know what kind of characters are needed at the moment, what kind are forbidden to be entered because of an abundance- i.e. super beautiful and powerful female Sith Knights/padawans-, and with major story updates, so keep an eye on this! ^_^

~ V.

Edited by GCross2432, 23 December 2005 - 03:21 PM.

Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#2 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

And allow me to post my bio first. ^^

Basic Name: Qyren(Key-ren) Leret

Twi'leki Name: Qyrenl'eret

Race: Twi'lek

Appearance: Pretty emerald green eyes; vibrant dark purple skin; 5' 7"

Force(Y/N): Yes

Side(Jedi/Sith/Neutral): Jedi, Advanced Youngling

Lightsaber color: Blue

Occupation(if not J/S): N/A

Background: Born on Ryloth, Qyren's unique dark purple skin labelled her as a perfect candidate for the life of slavery many Twi'lek females were forced into. Even at a young age it was obvious that her features would be delicate but strong, giving her a distinctive, traditional beauty to her appearance. When she was 6 she started being trained in the art of exotic dancing, something which continued for the better part of her young life. At 8 Qyren was taken from Ryloth and sold to the owner of a bar on Tatooine. There she was discovered a few years later by a passing Jedi master when he witnessed her accidental use of the Force. (Her owner was displeased with her and was attempting to do her harm when she used the Force's powers to coerece him into leaving her alone.) The master "haggled"(with a little Force) for a price and bought Qyren's freedom, giving her the option of joining the Jedi. Scared and confused, Qyren refused and left, though the master let it be known the invitation would always be open. After a year of planet-hopping, dancing and stealing for money and food, Qyren finally hitched a ride to the contact point Heton had told her about. Meeting a different Jedi, she was taken to one of the new hidden temples of the Order of the Jedi, where she trained for several months as a youngling and has been training for almost 7 months as an advanced youngling- a step for older inductees to the new Order-, taking her new life very seriously without ever really losing her concept of fun. Qyren is on the verge of becoming a padawan to Master Helot and needs only to take that extra step to reach it, but she is being very carefully watched by the school's Masters, as all of the older inductees are, for any signs of turning to the Dark Side.

Edited by GCross2432, 23 December 2005 - 07:05 PM.

Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#3 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:43 PM

Name: Atalaya Duaa

Race: humanoid

Appearance: 4'10", slender build. Dark blue hair, chin length. Light blue tones in skin colour with darker blue markings on torso

Force(Y/N): Yes, with more strength in the areas of logic first and intuition.

Side(Jedi/Sith/Neutral): Jedi, advanced youngling

Lightsaber color: Green

Short Background: Born and raised on Alassa Major, a resort world. Her parents ran a small business in one of the major cities. She was found and contacted during a search by the New Jedi Council at age 14 and began her training shortly after.

Personality: She tends not to take things seriously, often joking around, but can be serious if need be. She takes matters of safety and anonymity (on the part of the school) very seriously, having been raised on a resort world, where such things were important. Has something of a temper but generally pleasant and friendly. Also can be somewhat blunt when it comes to telling people things. Also can be stubborn and particularily frustrating for her teachers, especially in the area of fighting/martial arts.

Edited by Psyche, 24 December 2005 - 09:54 AM.

#4 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:44 PM

I'm interested in playing, maybe.  Give me a bit to think on my character...

#5 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

^^ No problem, John. Take the time you need to decide. There'll be some time before I actually start the rp.

Shea- by "student" do you mean advanced youngling or padawan?

*Rubs throat* The back of my throat is sore... I hope I'm not getting sick.

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#6 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

"Advanced youngling" cuz she's been training less time than Qyren and she's still an advanced youngling.

#7 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:02 PM

*nods* 'kay! ^_^ And that description was cute. Should I offer a Force power for those who achieve Master status, do you think? *Contemplates and goes to see what they have*

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#8 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:47 PM

This is definately interesting. I'm going to have to think about what kind of character I want though...
Rejected and gone.

#9 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

Tee hee! Take your time; I'm just glad I'm getting a positive response on this!

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#10 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

Thinkin' here 'bout whether I wanna jump in or not.  Wouldn't wanna be a Jedi, but some kinda normal folk--maybe a smuggler sort.  :D

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#11 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:14 PM

All these younglings, and no Jedi Master? ;)

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#12 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:35 AM

Lol Well, we're gonna need one- I'll prolly create Helot(the one mentioned in Qyren's bio) later on, when she becomes a padawan- so if you want to join in and come up with a steady character, you're quite welcome to be a Knight or a Master(see first post for the differences if you don't already know them; that goes for everyone who wants it. ^^).

If we're going to do the Sith Council- Organized Sith Republic?? Ooh, I like that- we'll need Dark Side folk... but if not, I'm just as happy with doing one of the 7 Jedi schools. ^_^ So yes, there ARE positions open for Master/Knight for those who want them. And positions for normal folk! ^^ LC, if you want to be normal, I have absolutely no objections to that. In fact, we could use normal people! After all, not everyone can be a Jedi! :D

*Starts writing Helot's CS*

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#13 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:56 AM

Yes Rommie we do need some Knights or Masters. One isn't gonna cut it... but I don't want to have to RP two characters, otherwise I would create another.

#14 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:14 PM

Well I could play a Knight since there's a lack of them. I can also play an evil Sith character. Lol two characters aren't usually too hard to manage.
Rejected and gone.

#15 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:30 PM

I'm willing to give the Master a try. The one with the wisdom, passing on my tutelege to the younglings and padawans.

Just let me know what's expected of a Master, and I'll let you know in return. :)

Posted Image

#16 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

I'd love to play a Jedi, but I have a history of not sticking with games very long-- not that I'm planning that, you understand, but I wouldn't want to create some character who'd be real important to the plot, only to have 'em leave and you all get left in the lurch.

I'll play a Jedi if I can be sort of a fringe, loner Jedi.  Otherwise I gotta go with a rogue. ;)

#17 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

Lol John- Like I said before, feel free to make whatever charrie you want. If you want to make a rogue character who comes and goes as he pleases- or even a Jedi who travels the 'verse, possibly as a Recruiter? I mean, we will need some- you are quite welcome to it. Only thing is, if you're a loner Jedi, you probably would be a Knight, not a Master. Masters are those who take padawans, and as loner, that's not likely to happen. ^^;

Mikoto- If you'd like to play two characters, you are quite welcome to it. ^^ Whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Rommie- A Master would be lovely. ^^ Masters generally stay at their school and work with students these days, or are out roaming the planets with their padawan. Since I'm assuming the majority of rp will be done at only one of the 7 schools, we'll assume that it's the main school, so you could be one of the 5 Council members- most likely one of the remnants of the older Jedi Order, though you could also be one of their padawans who merely moved up- or even just a teacher. It all depends on what- or who, rather- you see your character as being.

I myself am actually creating multiple characters. I'm almost done with Master Helot, and I'm half-way through both a Sith character and a non-Force character. ^_^ She's a Zeltron. (Dude, I LOVE the Wookiepedia. Lol) When those are done I'll put them up too.

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#18 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:33 AM

Here are the characters. I'll work on backgrounds tomorrow. Wanted to see if my lightsaber color for Miho would be approved. :)

Name: Kandar Zhaan
Race: Human
Appearance: Silver hair, stoic face, bushy eyebrows.
Force(Y/N): Y
Side(Jedi/Sith/Neutral): Jedi Master

Name: Miho
Appearance: Shoulder-length jet-black hair. Ice-blue eyes, scar across cheek.
Force: Y
Side: Jedi Padawan
Lightsaber Color: Purple (If not, Green)

Posted Image

#19 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:09 AM

I'm assuming that Miho is padawan to Master Kandar? And since no one else has yet requested a custom job, yes, Miho can have a purple lightsaber. ^^ Both your characters are approved once you get up some quick bios.

Helot is done, all but for the Bio, which I'm tempted to leave blank. *Shakes head* I'll post him and edit later for the background.

Name: Helot Pathmaker

Appearance: Helot is a rather good looking man with light, tanned skin and dark brown hair. He has an easy smile but can just as easily be serious, neither look destroying his charm. He stands at exactly 6' and has clear gray eyes framed by long lashes.

Force(Y/N): Yes

Side(Jedi/Sith/Neutral): Jedi, Master

Lightsaber color: Green

Short Background: TBA

~ V.

Keeper of...
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#20 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:20 PM

Okay, how are these?

Posted Image
Name: Kandar Zhaan
Race: Human Caucasian
Appearance: Salt & Pepper Hair, stoic face, bushy eyebrows.
Force(Y/N): Y
Side(Jedi/Sith/Neutral): Jedi Master
Bio: A level-headed man, who uses wit and sarcasm to brighten up conversation. But when it comes to his task, he is straightforward and knows what he is doing. He escaped from the original slayings of the Jedi, along with the child of a dying woman. He named her Miho, and as she grew he could feel the Force flowing through her, and decided to train her. He thinks of Miho as if she were his own daughter, and she thinks of him as her father.

Posted Image
Name: Miho
Race: Human Asian
Appearance: Shoulder-length jet-black hair. Ice-blue eyes, scar across cheek. Mostly black clothing.
Force: Y
Side: Jedi Padawan
Lightsaber Color: Purple
Bio: Miho was born not long after the fall of the original Jedi Order. Master Kandar rescued her from the dying arms of his mother, and took her into seclusion. As she grew older, Kandar could feel the Force flowing through her, and took it upon himself to teach her the ways of the Jedi. She's playful at times, but takes her Jedi training seriously. She thinks of Kandar as her Father, as she is the only man who has been there for her throughout her life.

Edited by RommieSG, 29 December 2005 - 02:47 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users