#81 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

View PostNonny, on Jan 15 2006, 10:30 AM, said:

View PostCall Me Robin, on Jan 14 2006, 09:42 AM, said:

Oh yeah, and I heard rumors Trent Lott may be retiring. Wheeeeeee! :lol:  :lol:
Hey, just so long as he doesn't mean he's assuming a shy, reserved, modest phony personality for the judge, I'm happy. :) The way these sneaky politicians parse the language down to the alphabet, though, I dunno. :(

Nonny

ROTFLOL!!!! :D  :D
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#82 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:28 PM

Unless you'd like to tell me that Democrat glee over Abu Ghraib and Gitmo was solely directed as President Bush. The soldiers know better.

Oh, stop.  There is no Democratic "glee" anywhere.  If there were, then military veterans wouldn't be running for office in the 2006 election as Democrats.  :rolleyes:

Fighting Dems

BTW, "Democratic" is the proper adjective.  "Democrat" is a noun.  Just wanted to clear that up.

Edited by Call Me Robin, 15 January 2006 - 02:38 PM.

Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#83 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

Oh yeah, and I heard rumors Trent Lott may be retiring. Wheeeeeee!

Maybe he's getting tired of looking like a muskrat crawled up on his head and died.

Maybe he's even getting tired of being greeted with, "Hey, y'all look like a muskrat done crawled up on yer head an' died."
Posted Image

#84 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:17 AM

View Postwaterpanther, on Jan 15 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

Oh yeah, and I heard rumors Trent Lott may be retiring. Wheeeeeee!

Maybe he's getting tired of looking like a muskrat crawled up on his head and died.

Maybe he's even getting tired of being greeted with, "Hey, y'all look like a muskrat done crawled up on yer head an' died."

Maybe he's bummed 'cause his house was destroyed in Katrina.  Heck, Bush was depressed 'cause he wouldn't get to go visit Trenty there anymore.  :lol:
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#85 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:20 AM

Off topic post removed by the Vorlon Empire.

Edited by Kosh, 14 April 2006 - 03:39 PM.

Can't Touch This!!

#86 Denny

Denny
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

Bush is now down to 4 states in which his approval beats his disapproval, according to Survey USA (it is a tie in Oklahoma).

#87 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

But Lin, Bush's critics are so seeped with hatred (going back to the 2000 election) that it is irrelevant what claims of "credibility" his critics make. They have cried wolf every minute of this man's presidency, and still expect people to come running over the latest "Bush lie" they think they found. It gets old, the critics have worn themselves out, and have nothing to show for it. Nothing! In fact, the only people buoyed by the critics have been Al Queda, not much of an accomplishment.

And Bush apologists are equally seeped in something that smells like something I fertilize my garden with but what one side or the other is "seeped in" is beside the point. As to "crying wolf" it seems to me that it was ALOT more than crying wolf as the scandals mount and the poll numbers plunge. Apparently what Americans are REALLY tired of is BS and lies on the part of the administration. As to Buoying the terrorists, have you written those military officers (you know the Iraqi field commanders and the generals calling for ousting Rummy) telling them they are giving aid and comfort to the enemy?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bush, Job Approval, 2005

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users