• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:08 PM

My question is who did we sign the ABM treaty with? Russia or the USSR? If Russia who and where was Russian from 1919 to 1991? And if it's USSR where is it today?

One of these parties no longer existed and the other was not a signatory to the treaty. So who are we promising to not make ABM's with? I would sayI am confused but I am not.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#22 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:20 PM

These mini-nukes have only minimal deterrent value and are clearly offensive weapons.

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, a lot of the Hawks were trying to get JFK to invade. He refused, having already learned the hard way that things like this can go very wrong. What the Hawks didn't know, was that along with the bigger nukes on the island, the Cubans also had a bunch of minis. If we had invaded, they had permission from Moskow to use the minis. They could have wiped out anything we sent againt them. I think they are in the Big deterent category.
Can't Touch This!!

#23 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:39 AM

QF: The UN nuclear weapons inspectors praised the cooperation of Saddam's regime and said they had found no evidence of an active nuclear program.

They also elected Libya to chair the Human Rights Committee.  So the UN must be a brilliant judge of the world…

Kosh:
During the Cuban Missile Crisis, a lot of the Hawks were trying to get JFK to invade. He refused, having already learned the hard way that things like this can go very wrong. What the Hawks didn't know, was that along with the bigger nukes on the island, the Cubans also had a bunch of minis. If we had invaded, they had permission from Moskow to use the minis. They could have wiped out anything we sent againt them. I think they are in the Big deterent category.

Setting aside the fact that JFK was a fool for taking us so close to the brink when he didn’t have to and had a position of strength.  You are right low yield nuclear warheads have the advantage of being more flexible in the range of situations where they can be used.
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#24 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 05:58 AM

CJ AEGIS, on May 7 2003, 09:26 PM, said:

QF: The UN nuclear weapons inspectors praised the cooperation of Saddam's regime and said they had found no evidence of an active nuclear program.

They also elected Libya to chair the Human Rights Committee.  So the UN must be a brilliant judge of the world…
No, the nuclear weapons inspectors did not elect Cuba to chair the Human Rights Committee.
"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq, Paul Krugman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users