• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

View Postniki blue, on Jan 19 2006, 05:36 PM, said:

I just have to wonder what it is about the internet that makes these people feel like it's ok to treat another person with that much disrespect.

I am told that since you can leave a bbs or your e-mail and turn your computer off it doesn't count it's ok or it doesn't count.

I think malice and disrespect are the same no matter whether you're face to face, on the phone, or on the Internet. But somehow the anonymity of it all makes trolls feel it's ok. It may relate to the phenomenon that allows people to adopt online personas that they would never in a million years use in real life.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Trolling, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users