• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Bossy

Bossy

Chaos Personified

• Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:47 PM

^I certainly think that a tax cut would help to stimulate the economy in the short term and the long term, provided that the counrty doesn't run itself into even more massive debt.

I know those two may seem mutually exclusive. They aren't. The problem is that most people are looking for immediate answers. There are no immediate permanent answers. I think that a tax cut now would help to stimulate some spending and growth now. However, that needs to be combined with a long term plan.

The government is not at all efficient in its spending of money or allocation of resourse. There is a tremendous amount of tax money that is wasted because of bureaucratic ineffiencies. The way I see it, that is the key, reform of current spending policies and practices in government programs. There is no reward for efficient use of funds. In fact, its punished. Effiecient use of your budget this year, will cause the loss of those excess finds next year. After all, if you aren't using all of your budgeted funds, you don't need them. This causes wasteful spendidng to preserve your budget because you might need those funds next year.

Granted, that is a rather simplified explanation, but I think that you can get an idea of how the waste and ineffiecient use of funds is encouraged. As far as I am concerned, hunting down and eliminating waste would go a long way to keeping the counrty from running in defficit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bush, Tax cuts

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users