I want to fondle a Power Ranger

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:23 PM

Another one that would be OK to fondle was that evil chick in "Power Rangers in Space" that later on became a Ranger when some convoluted story lines played out (that I couldn't care about), and she discovered she was related to half the team or something.

She also played Dukat's daughter for a time on DS9 I think.

I also dig evil chicks in general, FYI.

Bring back Darthsikle!

#22 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:41 PM

View PostRobL, on Feb 5 2006, 09:23 PM, said:

Another one that would be OK to fondle was that evil chick in "Power Rangers in Space" that later on became a Ranger when some convoluted story lines played out (that I couldn't care about), and she discovered she was related to half the team or something.

You're thinking of Melody Perkins, who played Astronema/Karone in Space and Lost Galaxy. And if nothing else I can at least appreciate your taste.

Posted Image

Edited by Godeskian, 05 February 2006 - 02:42 PM.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#23 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:01 PM

*Drags out his Star Trek Encyclopedia*

Wasn't Melanie Smith one too? That's the one who I was thinking of. Though, that one you have pictured is rather hot. I'd fondle her.

Nope, you were right. The one I was thinking of was born in 62, according to IMDB. Too old, as they like the younger ones to play Rangers.

Edited by RobL, 05 February 2006 - 02:51 PM.

Bring back Darthsikle!

#24 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

View PostRobL, on Feb 5 2006, 09:51 PM, said:

*Drags out his Star Trek Encyclopedia*

Wasn't Melanie Smith one too? That's the one who I was thinking of.

Not according to her IMDB entry http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0809322/

Though, that one you have pictured is rather hot. I'd fondle her.

You'd have to find her first. Apparently she's dropped off the face of the earth, though rumors have her doing modelling work in Europe at the moment.

View PostRobL, on Feb 5 2006, 10:01 PM, said:

Nope, you were right. The one I was thinking of was born in 62, according to IMDB. Too old, as they like the younger ones to play Rangers.

Well, it is a kids show after all.

And of course i'm right. I'm a huge Power Ranger nerd. :p

Edited by Godeskian, 05 February 2006 - 03:04 PM.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#25 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:07 PM

^ In regards to Ms. Perkins, she probably got married and had a kid. While rare, some actors are only in it for a short time, and want to lead normal lives. Once they get hitched and have kids, the sort of fade away.

And I'll leave the Power Ranger nerd thing alone.

Bring back Darthsikle!

#26 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

View PostRobL, on Feb 5 2006, 10:07 PM, said:

^ In regards to Ms. Perkins, she probably got married and had a kid. While rare, some actors are only in it for a short time, and want to lead normal lives. Once they get hitched and have kids, the sort of fade away.

Possible but unlikely as she was still signed with two modelling agencies and a casting agency in LA when she was last seen (which was late 2005). Though I can't say I would really notice if she never appeared on TV again, as while she was cute, her acting was entirely forgettable.

And I'll leave the Power Ranger nerd thing alone.

Certes, I'm not embarrased by it, but there's no point in putting a good thread into contention by getting personal :)

Defy Gravity!

#27 Pallas

Pallas

Wicked--Like the Witch of the West

• Islander
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Melody Perkins was in an episode of Charmed a few years back. She played one of the Stillman sisters along with Jennifer Sky (Xena, Cleopatra 2525) and Jenny McCarthy (I think).

I didn't know she was a Power Ranger though (and I watched up until In Space)

Kal.
We can do noble acts without ruling the earth and sea--Aristotle

#28 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

View PostKalistria, on Feb 7 2006, 03:35 AM, said:

Melody Perkins was in an episode of Charmed a few years back. She played one of the Stillman sisters along with Jennifer Sky (Xena, Cleopatra 2525) and Jenny McCarthy (I think).

Didn't know that. thanks

I didn't know she was a Power Ranger though (and I watched up until In Space)

Technically she wasn't one in Space, though I recall them making her an honorary ranger at some point. However after Kendrix was killed trying to stop Psycho-Kim's energy storm, the Quasar sabre was lost, and Karone managed to recover it, becoming the new Pink Ranger.

Behind the scenes, if I recall correctly, Valerie Vernon was diagnosed with cancer, which is why she was written out of the series, and the producers had liked Melody Perkins enough in 'Space' to bring her back.

Defy Gravity!

#29 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:31 PM

"Quasar Saber"

Sounds almost perverse.

Come, my Melody, let me fondle your "Quasar Saber"

Yep, definately perverse. :lol:

Bring back Darthsikle!

#30 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

View PostRobL, on Feb 7 2006, 04:31 AM, said:

"Quasar Saber"

Sounds almost perverse.

Also the only time in the series that i'm aware of that weapons were used as the basis of the transformations.

Defy Gravity!

#31 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Feb 4 2006, 11:19 AM, said:

View PostRobL, on Feb 4 2006, 09:17 PM, said:

My only question now, is do I have to buy them dinner as a prid pro quo? Buy them a nice dinner, expect a little "something-something" in return.

Consider that each of these women was put through martial arts training before and during the show, you might want to be careful what you 'expect' from them. You could get hurt.

They can hurt me all they want.   :love: :blush: :D
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#32 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

^ I was thinking the same thing, but I'm only two warnings away from a permaban.

Bring back Darthsikle!

#33 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:59 PM

View PostSpidey, on Feb 7 2006, 04:50 AM, said:

Whatever floats your boat Spidey  :D

Actually, i've been pleasantly surprised over the years just how many multi-talented people have worked on Power Rangers. Sure, a great deal of the hiring requirement is physical look and fitness, but many of the actors and actresses have been capable in other fields. Singers (Amy Jo Johnson, Emma Lahana), serious martial artists ( Jason David Franks) qualified MBA (Jessica Rey), dancer (Cerina Vincent) and on and on.

View PostRobL, on Feb 7 2006, 04:55 AM, said:

^ I was thinking the same thing, but I'm only two warnings away from a permaban.

If you're not going to get warned for wanting to fondle them, you're unlikely to get warned for asking them to hurt you.

Defy Gravity!

#34 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:08 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Feb 6 2006, 06:59 PM, said:

If you're not going to get warned for wanting to fondle them, you're unlikely to get warned for asking them to hurt you.

With this place, you never know. With all the anti-troll fundies around, I mean.

Bring back Darthsikle!

#35 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Feb 6 2006, 09:59 PM, said:

I suspect that if he really asked to fondle one of the them, he'd get hurt and he'd be asking for it in a way.  :D
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#36 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

As long as I'm not kicked in the nads, I'm cool. Because, Jesus, that hurts. And I mean hurts. :(

Bring back Darthsikle!

#37 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Feb 6 2006, 06:59 PM, said:

View PostSpidey, on Feb 7 2006, 04:50 AM, said:

Whatever floats your boat Spidey  :D

Actually, i've been pleasantly surprised over the years just how many multi-talented people have worked on Power Rangers. Sure, a great deal of the hiring requirement is physical look and fitness, but many of the actors and actresses have been capable in other fields. Singers (Amy Jo Johnson, Emma Lahana), serious martial artists ( Jason David Franks) qualified MBA (Jessica Rey), dancer (Cerina Vincent) and on and on.

Really?  That's pretty cool, actually.  Amy Jo Johnson is a singer?  Last I saw of her was on Felicity.  She was pretty hot.  I'm sure she still is.

View PostRobL, on Feb 7 2006, 04:55 AM, said:

I'll say it for you then.  RobL and I both want to get hurt by hot Power Ranger gals.

I'm on the A list, I'm immune.  :D  LOL Just kidding.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#38 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

View PostSpidey, on Feb 7 2006, 05:25 AM, said:

Really?  That's pretty cool, actually.  Amy Jo Johnson is a singer?  Last I saw of her was on Felicity.  She was pretty hot.  I'm sure she still is.

Yup, go look up 'puddle of grace' which is one of hers. I hear she does local sets somewhere in California.

Defy Gravity!

#39 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Feb 6 2006, 10:39 PM, said:

Yup, go look up 'puddle of grace' which is one of hers. I hear she does local sets somewhere in California.

She was just in the recent Sci-Fi Channel movie Magma last weekend.  :blink:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#40 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:29 AM

View PostDWF, on Feb 7 2006, 05:51 AM, said:

View PostGodeskian, on Feb 6 2006, 10:39 PM, said:

She was just in the recent Sci-Fi Channel movie Magma last weekend.  :blink:

I'm not saying she still isn't doing TV work, I just know that she also does local musical gigs because a message list i'm on has a few afficianados of her work and they regularly go to these gigs.

Defy Gravity!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users