• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yes, Scooter's boss authorized him to discuss classified information with the press.  More here.

Absolutely unbelievable!
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#2 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

NOW things are going to get interesting.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#3 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:22 AM

View PostRhea, on Feb 9 2006, 08:53 PM, said:

NOW things are going to get interesting.

Ditto!  Where's the popcorn?  :eat:

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#4 Eskaminzim

Eskaminzim

Head eggs and butt toast

• Islander
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:05 AM

It's not much of a defense, actually, since he's not accused of leaking classified information.

He's accused of lying and saying he DIDN'T.

Saying he was allowed to leak the information doesn't absolve him from lying about it.  

In fact, it makes him look worse, cause if CHeney gave him permission to leak, then why would he have to lie and say he didn't?

He's just digging himself in deeper.

#5 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

He's just digging himself in deeper.

And taking Cheney with him.  :D

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

#6 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

Cheney and "other superiors."  Uh-hem.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#7 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:58 AM

Yes, Scooter's boss authorized him to discuss classified information with the press.

Now how could that be possible?  'Cuz you remember, Bush said:

Let me just say something about leaks in Washington. There are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. There's leaks at the executive branch; there's leaks in the legislative branch. There's just too many leaks. And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of.

and then, just a few seconds later, he repeated (oddly, almost word-for-word, as if it were something he'd been coached on):

But I want to tell you something -- leaks of classified information are a bad thing. And we've had them -- there's too much leaking in Washington. That's just the way it is. And we've had leaks out of the administrative branch, had leaks out of the legislative branch, and out of the executive branch and the legislative branch, and I've spoken out consistently against them and I want to know who the leakers are.

So, it's just not possible that Cheney would have authorized a leak, because, if so, then Bush would be lying that they were trying to crack down on that and running a tight ship.  And Bush being deceptive is, of course, unthinkable.

:)

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#8 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

View PostZwolf666, on Feb 10 2006, 11:58 AM, said:

Yes, Scooter's boss authorized him to discuss classified information with the press.

Now how could that be possible?  'Cuz you remember, Bush said:

Let me just say something about leaks in Washington. There are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. There's leaks at the executive branch; there's leaks in the legislative branch. There's just too many leaks. And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of.

and then, just a few seconds later, he repeated (oddly, almost word-for-word, as if it were something he'd been coached on):

But I want to tell you something -- leaks of classified information are a bad thing. And we've had them -- there's too much leaking in Washington. That's just the way it is. And we've had leaks out of the administrative branch, had leaks out of the legislative branch, and out of the executive branch and the legislative branch, and I've spoken out consistently against them and I want to know who the leakers are.

So, it's just not possible that Cheney would have authorized a leak, because, if so, then Bush would be lying that they were trying to crack down on that and running a tight ship.  And Bush being deceptive is, of course, unthinkable.

Cheers,

Zwolf

It was probably a "need to know" thing. :sarcasm:
Can't Touch This!!

#9 Gefiltefishmon

Gefiltefishmon

Oolong Caluphids Private Secretary

• Islander
  • 789 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

So then if my Boss authorizes me to capture someone and skin them alive, it's ok, right? because if my Boss authorizes me to break the law it absolves me of all responsibility, right?

I swear the arrogance of these Republicans in the White house makes Taminy Hall look like a Church Social.
"To know that you do not know is the best. To act from the pretense that you know when you do not know is a disease" - Lao Tzu

"From All, One; and From One, All" - Heraclitus

"Let me be clear: however the world's goblet turns there will always be those drunk on the wine of the Self" - Ghalib

"A 'politically savvy challenge to evolution' is as self-evidently ridiculous as an agriculturally savvy challenge to euclidean geometry would be." - Charles Pierce

#10 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

View PostZwolf666, on Feb 10 2006, 08:58 AM, said:

Now how could that be possible? 'Cuz you remember, Bush said:

So, it's just not possible that Cheney would have authorized a leak, because, if so, then Bush would be lying that they were trying to crack down on that and running a tight ship. And Bush being deceptive is, of course, unthinkable.

Cheers,

Zwolf

The second statement immediately made me think of some little boys peeing at a wall. :p~ Leakers, indeed. <giggles uncontrollably>

Edited by Rhea, 10 February 2006 - 08:45 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#11 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

Speaking of Cheney, Howard Dean compared him to Aaron Burr on "Face the Nation."  Burr is the former VP (under Jefferson) who was later tried for treason.  BWAH!
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#12 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:53 PM

Burr was also the guy who shot and killed Alexander Hamilton.  

I think Dean may be psychic.   :devil:
Posted Image

#13 Gefiltefishmon

Gefiltefishmon

Oolong Caluphids Private Secretary

• Islander
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

Now maybe it's just me, but usually when one hunter shoots another hunter here in Ohio, somebody goes to jail....

Strange how that's not happening to Mr. Cheney...
"To know that you do not know is the best. To act from the pretense that you know when you do not know is a disease" - Lao Tzu

"From All, One; and From One, All" - Heraclitus

"Let me be clear: however the world's goblet turns there will always be those drunk on the wine of the Self" - Ghalib

"A 'politically savvy challenge to evolution' is as self-evidently ridiculous as an agriculturally savvy challenge to euclidean geometry would be." - Charles Pierce

#14 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

Whittington, obviously, is the new Al Qaida redshirt #3.
Posted Image

#15 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

When one hunter shoots another here in West Virginia the police investigate it and if they declare it an accident no one goes to jail.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#16 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

View Postwaterpanther, on Feb 12 2006, 03:53 PM, said:

Burr was also the guy who shot and killed Alexander Hamilton.  

I think Dean may be psychic.   :devil:
Wo!  :eek4:  That's right!  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#17 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:17 AM

Well in Texas if it's a Lawyer...

it depends.

I thought Taminy Hall was a church social :devil:
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#18 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:28 AM

So many leaks in Washington...I always knew knew the Bush Administration was full of B.S., and now it's oozing out.  Sounds gross?  Well, given the situation, it seems apporpriate.

Scooter is guilty, no matter what.  But if what the little worm says is true, then, Cheney has a lot to answer for, as do anyone, and everyone else involved.

As the the shooting incident, well, it was an accident.  However, it is still Dick's fault, and he should be treated according to the laws in Texas for it reguardless of who he is.  In both situations, NO ONE should be above the law. :angry:
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#19 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:43 AM

Scooter just better watch out that he doesn't get invited to go hunting with his former boss.  :devil:

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#20 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

View PostCardie, on Feb 13 2006, 06:43 AM, said:

Scooter just better watch out that he doesn't get invited to go hunting with his former boss. :devil:

Cardie

:howling:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plame Case, Scooter Libby, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users