70 replies to this topic

#21 Eskaminzim

Eskaminzim

Head eggs and butt toast

• Islander
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:59 PM

>>Bush as flip flopped more than a flapjack at the IHOP.<<

You need to sell that to the Black Eyed Peas or some other politically conscious rap group, Lin.  You'd make a mint!

Hell, *I'd* buy it!

:xena:

#22 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

Our political parties no longer have core beliefs. They exist to perpetuate themselves and the occupations of their elected officials. Unless some candidate gets my attention, next election I'm voting for myself. I don't care if they say they'll destroy my ballot because I'm not a pre-approved write-in. If anyone else would care to vote for some random guy as a form of protest, feel free to read though my political position statement, which I wrote up some time ago. It was for a different context, and has some minor factual errors in it, but you'll have the general idea.

I agree, it's become about getting elected and keeping power, that's why I'm helping with the groundwork for a new political party. It may go absolutely nowhere but at least I'm attempting to do something.

You need to sell that to the Black Eyed Peas or some other politically conscious rap group, Lin. You'd make a mint!

Ya think? Maybe they could call it the Ihop, flip/flop stomp? :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

View PostLin731, on Feb 11 2006, 09:17 PM, said:

So Rhea I gather it would be better to talk and talk and talk and then let Iran Nuke Israel than do anything to stop their nuclear program. I mean let's be honest do you think those loons are going to stop now that they are close to get them?

No I think Rhea's saying it would be better if we had a PRESIDENT instead of a wannabe King who thinks laws are meant to be mangled or ignored entirely when it suits him.

Not only that but I'm hearing the same exact rhetoric I heard from the same people on this board before we invaded Iraq. Iraq didn't have a pot to pee in, but Ogami and G kept saying that if we didn't invade Iraq they'd use weapons of mass destruction on us. You do remember that, right guys? We had to invade Iraq to save us all.

Well, guess what. You were wrong. Bush was wrong. We were lied to. And people are paying the price with their lives.

Iran was allowing unscheduled spot checks of their nuclear program, right up till the moment Bush started posturing, then they went ballistic. Gee, why do you think that is? Could it be because we already invaded their neighbors, who had not attacked us, and overthrown their government? Could it be because they've been expecting us to do the same damn thing ever since, and Bush's posturing is the sign they've needed that we intend to do that?

If we had been going to invade anybody on the grounds of humanitarian reasons, it should have been Iran, which has one of the most repressive regimes ever. But guess what? The Iranis chose to let the mullahs rule them. Their choice, their consequences. Same as Iraq. And guess what? We didn't even say a word about invading Iraq for humanitarian reasons UNTIL WE COULDN'T VALIDATE ANY OF THE OTHER REASONS WE ORIGINALLY GAVE FOR INVADING IRAQ. IT WAS A LAME FALLBACK POSITION USED BY PEOPLE WHO LIED TO US TO GET US INTO A WAR WE DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO FIGHT.

What we should have been doing all this time is concentrating on the real terrorist - a guy named Osama, remember him?

Instead we went off on a wild goose chase, and till the last breath I take, I will blame George W. Bush for every dead soldier and every kid who came home needlessly maimed.

View PostCait, on Feb 11 2006, 03:03 PM, said:

View PostCall Me Robin, on Feb 11 2006, 02:52 PM, said:

It isn't that the Democrats dismissed Bush as a simpleton; it's that they tried too hard to make nice with him instead of acting like a real opposition party.

I have to agree here. I think the Dems have taken a "wait and see" attitude instead of speaking for the people they represent [Yes, a novel concept I know], and of course they are trying to hold on to the seats they now have.

It's a dangerous way to attack the problem. No one who agrees with Bush et al. is going to care one iota about any Dems, and the people who need their voice of dissent to be represented in Congress are instead victims of Dems who want to keep their jobs. They become part of a 'lame duck' political party.

Time for Dems to step up to the plate and OPPOSE the Administration, even if it appears it will cost them. Someone has to speak up.

Except for Diane Feinstein, who is a born diplomat and still often speaks out, all of my representatives having been opposing Bush with great vigor ever since it became clear that the White House lied to us about the reasons for invading Iraq.

It's true that in the aftermath of 9/11, Congress went berserk, signing the Patriot Act into law without a debate or a dicussion of the provisions. Remember the one poor guy who said "hey, wait, folks, could we take a minute to talk about this?" He was practically called a traitor. They rush to sign away our rights, and ALL of them, regardless of party, have to answer for that - and I think they know that now. That's why Bush has had just a little trouble getting the Patriot Act renewed.

It's time for everybody to speak up - I've written everybody I can think of, and if I somebody somewhere who's actually DOING something to reclaim some sanity and decency you can bet I'll be lining up to support them.

Does anybody remember who said this and when?

There is ample evidence that the horrific events of September 11 have been carefully manipulated to switch public focus from Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda who masterminded the September 11th attacks, to Saddam Hussein who did not. The run up to our invasion of Iraq featured the President and members of his cabinet invoking every frightening image they could conjure, from mushroom clouds, to buried caches of germ warfare, to drones poised to deliver germ laden death in our major cities. We were treated to a heavy dose of overstatement concerning Saddam Hussein and his direct threat to our freedoms. The tactic was guaranteed to provoke a sure reaction from a nation still suffering from a combination of post traumatic stress and justifiable anger after the attacks of 911. It was the exploitation of fear. It was a placebo for the anger.
<snippage>
But, I contend that, through it all, the people know. The American people unfortunately are used to political shading, spin, and the usual chicanery they hear from public officials. They patiently tolerate it up to a point. But there is a line. It may seem to be drawn in invisible ink for a time, but eventually it will appear in dark colors, tinged with anger. When it comes to shedding American blood - - when it comes to wrecking havoc on civilians, on innocent men, women, and children, callous dissembling is not acceptable. Nothing is worth that kind of lie - - not oil, not revenge, not reelection, not somebody's grand pipedream of a democratic domino theory.

And mark my words, the calculated intimidation which we see so often of late by the "powers that be" will only keep the loyal opposition quiet for just so long. Because eventually, like it always does, the truth will emerge. And when it does, this house of cards, built of deceit, will fall.

Stupid post squinchy thing. :p

Edited by Rhea, 12 February 2006 - 01:41 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#24 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

we liberated a bunch of people that hate our guts

I have to take issue with that.  I know people who've been over there.  Our troops expend a large fraction of their efforts building houses, and the general populace is apparently quite thankful.  Admittedly that may vary from region to region, but we are not universally reviled as you seem to imply.

#25 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:18 PM

View PostOmega, on Feb 12 2006, 10:15 AM, said:

I have to take issue with that. I know people who've been over there. Our troops expend a large fraction of their efforts building houses, and the general populace is apparently quite thankful. Admittedly that may vary from region to region, but we are not universally reviled as you seem to imply.

I know soldiers too. I know how hard they try. I know we're not universally reviled. But a good portion of them want us gone, houses or no, and they're already fighting each other. When we do get out, they'll probably go back to killing each other.

Edited by Rhea, 12 February 2006 - 01:40 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#26 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:20 PM

View Postemsparks, on Feb 11 2006, 03:25 PM, said:

View PostSpidey, on Feb 11 2006, 06:20 PM, said:

This is why it is important to VOTE!!!

VOTE in 2008!  And pray that we will have a decent candidate to vote for.  Lord help us, we need one.

Meaning no disrespect to you but Give me a Break...

So not voting at all will be better?  I think not.

Since the demise of big unions, the Democratic Party is taking their money and orders from the same society sector as the Republicans, the business community. Which is why we have too parties, the republicans and republican light.

I really don't share this point of view.  But that's okay.

If I had where with all I would start a new union, “The Union for the Unemployed, Under Employed, Retired, and Disabled.”

That would be a special interest union.  I wouldn't want it.  I'd simply want a union that represents the people-all the people.  Poor, middle class, rich, employed, unemployed, disabled, abled, veterans, retired, working, blue collar, white collar, pink collar-everyone.  Will this ever happen?  Heh, does it snow in hell?

Some of the planks are as followed.

Iraq,
I would finish the war. For reasons of depressed employment and the rotation of troops in Iraq, I would increase the size of the military. I am also concerned about Iran, China and to some degree Russia

International trade.
I would terminate all treaties where our rights are not being enforced.

Lock down the boarders…

Social Security.
I would tell the truth about the social security trust fund, how numerous administrations took money out of the fund to pay down the national debt. I would support a constitutional amendment to lock the box, mandating that the funds in the trust fund can only be used to pay benefits. I would make it an all in fund, removing any caps, and special exceptions from the FICA taxes.

Retirement accounts.
All retirement amounts would deposit into federal locked and controlled bank accounts, with all moneys, whether from deposits or interest, are the property of the depositors of said funds. No more corporate raiding of retirement accounts.

Well that’s some of what I would do.

Hmmm...I agree with ya on those ideas.  :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#27 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

View PostRhea, on Feb 12 2006, 06:18 PM, said:

View PostOmega, on Feb 12 2006, 10:15 AM, said:

I have to take issue with that. I know people who've been over there. Our troops expend a large fraction of their efforts building houses, and the general populace is apparently quite thankful. Admittedly that may vary from region to region, but we are not universally reviled as you seem to imply.

I know soldiers too. I know how hard they try. I know we're not universally reviled. But a good portion of them want us gone, houses or no, and they're already fighting each other. When we do get out, they'll probably go back to killing each other.

Frankly, at some point we need to let the Iraqis run their country themselves.  I support a deadline for withdrawal, similar to what Feingold suggests.  During that time we can gradually withdraw our troops and help the Iraqi government make a transition to a post-Saddam era.  Colin Powell is correct, unfortunately, when he says "We broke it, we bought it."  However, in the long run, we cannot tell the Iraqis what to do.
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#28 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

The thing about Iran is-yea they're dangerous and we don't have the resources to take them on because we went into Iraq like a bunch of idiots.

That's were the idiocy comes in.

You can posture and politic and bully and use the press to put your agenda out there but...if you don't think of the big picture it will bite you on the proverbial ass as is happening right now.

Edited by Hibblette, 12 February 2006 - 07:21 PM.

"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#29 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:29 PM

And for those of you who think I'm a little silly to be so creeped out by what's going on in this country, please see the thread in this forum about the VA nurse arrested for sedition for writing a letter to her paper no different from anything some of us say in here.
- Robert A. Heinlein

#30 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:33 PM

You're not being silly at all.  I totally agree with you. :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#31 Cyncie

Cyncie

Cool Daddio!

• Islander
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:27 AM

View PostOmega, on Feb 12 2006, 12:57 PM, said:

Our political parties no longer have core beliefs. They exist to perpetuate themselves and the occupations of their elected officials.  Unless some candidate gets my attention, next election I'm voting for myself.  I don't care if they say they'll destroy my ballot because I'm not a pre-approved write-in.  If anyone else would care to vote for some random guy as a form of protest, feel free to read though my political position statement, which I wrote up some time ago.  It was for a different context, and has some minor factual errors in it, but you'll have the general idea. :)

Bingo! This is the problem I see, and the reason why all this partisan bickering wears me out. Side One claims they're the only ones that are right, Side Two yells that Side One's a bunch of Nazis. Neither side will admit that they are just buying into their chosen party's hype and repeating their preferred talking points, designed only to get "our guy" elected. And from where I sit, both sides are out of step with my own reality.

Neither party resonates with my own core values and beliefs and what I want for my country. I can't vote for either side in good conscience, but I vote anyway and spend 4 years hating the way it comes out.

My voting record, as of the last election, is about evenly split between the two parties, but I get frustrated that we can't find a real leader in either camp. If we can't find actual statesmen in the existing parties,  its time for a new party. One that has the population's interest in mind, and not just the perpetuation of select special interest goups.

~Cyn

Edited by Cyncie, 13 February 2006 - 11:39 AM.

Goodnight, Sweetheart
Well, it's time to go...

#32 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:32 AM

View PostCyncie, on Feb 13 2006, 08:27 AM, said:

Neither party resonates with my own core values and beliefs and what I want for my country. I can't vote for either side in good conscience, but I vote anyway and spend 4 years hating the way it comes out.

And another Bingo!!!!  Nicely said!!

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#33 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

Rhea -- this may interest you (or it may not, in which case, I apologize)...

I read a book called If God is Love: Rediscovering Grace in an Ungracious World by Philip Gulley and James Mulholland. They're both currently Quakers (though it seems that Mulholland went through a few other denominations first), which attracted me to their books -- they've both got in trouble for their books, too, even from people who should be more gracious. I like their books, so I suppose I'm a heretic...

Anyway, they have a chapter on Ungracious Politics, which goes into this phenomenon of "My party is righteous, and the other party is wicked. Only my party has the truth. Only my party can lead the way. Only my party loves our country. Only my party honors God."

They point out that we're quick to recognize when that happens in other countries -- take, for example, the Taliban, or Iran calling the USA "the Great Satan".

"Many Christians are unaware of a strong undercurrent in conservative Christianity promoting an American jihad. This movement, often referred to as reconstructionism or dominion theology, argues the United States is a Christian nation with the need to purify itself and dominate the world. Originating with a theologian named Rousas John Rushdoony, this movement works to reconstruct a rigid and harsh religious culture based on 'biblical' principles. Once the United States is purified, it hopes to use military power to conquer the world. Frederick Clarkson, in The Public Eye, writes:

" 'Reconstructionism seeks to replace democracy with a theocratic elite that would govern by imposing their interpretation of 'Biblical Law'. Reconstructionism would eliminate not only democracy but many of its manifestations, such as labor unions, civil rights laws, and public schools. Women would be generally relegated to hearth and home. Insufficiently Christian men would be denied citizenship, perhaps executed. So severe is this theocracy that it would extend capital punishment beyond such crimes as kidnapping, rape, and murder to include, among other things, blasphemy, heresy, adultery, and homosexuality.'

"Gary Bauer, the president of the Family Research Council, a domestic policy adviser to President Ronald Reagan, and a recent presidential candidate, represents the most public manifestation of this theology. He argues we are in the midst of a cultural war, with the winner getting the right to teach the children. His vision of what the children need to be taught is decidedly sectarian. Although his lack of success as a presidential candidate may be comforting, many within conservative Christian circles have adoppted aspects of this theology.

"When President Reagan spoke of the Soviet Union as an 'evil empire', he was expressing this theology. When James Dobson of Focus on the Family accused homosexuals of a conspiracy to attack the family, he was reflecting this mindset. When many conservative speak of a culture war, they aren't speaking metaphorically. Islamic fundamentalism is not the only threat to freedom and democracy. Christian theologies that seek political means to enforce one perspective are equally dangerous.

"Theocracy, the rule of God, is not the ideal. Human institutions, by their very nature, are flawed. No human government can claim divine ordination or perfection. Democracy, where every voice and perspective is valued, is the least dangerous political system. Within such a system, religious voices must be heard, but each as only one voice amid a large and varied choir. We are called to transform politics, not simply use it to achieve an agenda."

So, anyway, every time I hear about this movement, I keep thinking that I need to escape to New Zealand or somewhere like that, because, sorry, I won't live in a Taliban-like society, even if it's Christian.

:blowup:

Edited by Norville, 14 February 2006 - 10:34 PM.

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#34 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

^ Good Grief that is scary. :eek4:  :eek4:

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#35 Cyncie

Cyncie

Cool Daddio!

• Islander
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

Vast Right Wing Conspiracy: The evil Nazi Neocons and the Christian Fundies want to take away your freedoms, control your thoughts and make you just like them! Beware!

Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The tree hugging whiney pants liberals want to take away your freedoms, control your thoughts and make you just like them! Beware!

Same song, different verse.

When we stop listening to conspiracy pundits who have a vested interest in fanning the flames of anger to sell books or bump ratings, and start paying attention to the realities of human nature and life in the real world, maybe then we'll be able to make some real change. Until then, we'll just keep choosing up sides and shouting each other down, while no one listens.

~Cyn

Goodnight, Sweetheart
Well, it's time to go...

#36 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

View PostCJ AEGIS, on Feb 11 2006, 04:56 PM, said:

^^Like his actions or not there should be one lesson the left and everyone against him should have learned about Bush by now.  The man is not an idiot and he has managed to out maneuver the left and his opposition at every turn for the past 6 years.  He may have a poor grasp of the English language but that hardly qualifies someone as an idiot.  If anything a good chunk of the reason why Bush bullies through half of what he wants is because his opposition discounts him as a simpleton.  Many people discounted Harry Truman (greater President than Bush) as a simpleton too but he managed to accomplish what he wanted more times than he didn’t.  

The opposition to Bush should consider how it makes them look when they state that Bush is an idiot and a simpleton when the general public then considers the fact that Bush has managed to outwit, outmaneuver, or sneak past these same people for the past 6 years.  Bush may not have anywhere near a firm command of the English language and he probably plays up the common man idiot image for PR reasons but discounting him as an idiot will only get you burned again.  At this rate despite their hopes over the polling figures I’m seriously wondering if the Democrats are going to get burned again for using the same unimaginative approach because they think their opposition is made up of idiots.

Until the Democrats realize that they aren’t facing idiots they are going to keep losing unless they start being more creative.   Myself I hope they fall apart and  take down the Neocons down with them.

Saying that means that Bush is really in charge, and I think it's more Rpve and Chaney running things. GWB isn't smart enough.
Can't Touch This!!

#37 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

View PostCyncie, on Feb 14 2006, 08:08 PM, said:

Vast Right Wing Conspiracy: The evil Nazi Neocons and the Christian Fundies want to take away your freedoms, control your thoughts and make you just like them! Beware!

Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The tree hugging whiney pants liberals want to take away your freedoms, control your thoughts and make you just like them! Beware!

Same song, different verse.

When we stop listening to conspiracy pundits who have a vested interest in fanning the flames of anger to sell books or bump ratings, and start paying attention to the realities of human nature and life in the real world, maybe then we'll be able to make some real change. Until then, we'll just keep choosing up sides and shouting each other down, while no one listens.

~Cyn

Well said.

I was listening to a very respected Republican senator (a real Republican, not the faux Republicans in charge at the moment) and he said exactly the same thing.

There are people on both sides of the floor who are willing to work together - they're just getting drowned out in the rhetoric.

And that goes back to why I started the thread - I want the fearmongers and liars tossed out and I want the reasonable people of both parties to begin to work together again and stop this crap.

George W. Bush is a liar. He said he wanted to be a "uniter" and instead he's the most divisive President this country has seen in my lifetime. I want him gone, and I want someone reasonable, intelligent and moral - I don't care which party they belong to - in charge. I want us to pull together again.

Edited by Rhea, 15 February 2006 - 01:58 PM.

- Robert A. Heinlein

#38 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

View PostG1223, on Feb 11 2006, 10:37 PM, said:

So Rhea I gather it would be better to talk and talk and talk and then let Iran Nuke Israel than do anything to stop their nuclear program. I mean let's be honest do you think those loons are going to stop now that they are close to get them?  

I am sure they will go into long and pointless talks meanwhile making a few dozen warheads and then after Israel is nuked we can enter into discussions with them to not threaten other nations. And more dsicussions and finally after we surrender we can see that maybe standing up to bullies and thugs is better than endless pointless debate. Espically when the other side is not going to enter into real talks unless they are afraid of what will be done to them if they do not talk.

Isreal can take care of it's self.

When President Reagan spoke of the Soviet Union as an 'evil empire', he was expressing this theology.

Reagan pulled a major con job on the soviets, something a lot of people never realized. His calling out the USSR, and taking about Star Wars like it exsisted, when all of his science people were telling him it was impossible. The Soviets bought into it and found out they couldn't out spend him. It was a dandy trick, and it worked.
Can't Touch This!!

#39 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

View PostRhea, on Feb 15 2006, 06:55 PM, said:

I was listening to a very respected Republican senator (a real Republican, not the faux Republicans in charge at the moment) and he said exactly the same thing.

There are people on both sides of the floor who are willing to work together - they're just getting drowned out in the rhetoric.

And that goes back to why I started the thread - I want the fearmongers and liars tossed out and I want the reasonable people of both parties to begin to work together again and stop this crap.

George W. Bush is a liar. He said he wanted to be a "uniter" and instead he's the most divisive President this country has seen in my lifetime. I want him gone, and I want someone reasonable, intelligent and moral - I don't care which party they belong to - in charge. I want us to pull together again.

I miss the moderate Republicans and the thoughtful, level-headed, true conservatives.  You know, Republicans who wouldn't dream of serving as Bush administration lapdogs.  

Remember Senator Howard Baker?  He's the Tennessee Republican who asked "What did the president know and when did he know it?"  Today, the so-called "maverick" John McCain is bending over backwards to appeal to the religious right and trying to cozy up to a president with a dismal approval rating.  Think the Faux News Democrats are pitiful?  McCain, who was so viciously smeared in 2000, should know better.  But hey, I think McCain is wildly overrated and prefer his good bud Russ Feingold any day, so...

Edited by Call Me Robin, 16 February 2006 - 11:13 PM.

Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#40 rponiarski

rponiarski

Still crazy after all these years...

• Islander
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

What scares me is that in 2008, right before the election, there will be a "terrorist attack" and Bush 43 will "suspend" the election, declare martial law and just keep on being president, no matter what the law says.

Don't say it can't happen. Remember Rudy Guliani right after 9/11 saying that he should keep being mayor, even after the election of Bloomberg? And Rudy is a pretty tame character compared to the ones currently in power in Washington...
Richard M. Poniarski
Everyone is entitled to live in the reality of their own choosing...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GW Bush, Criticism

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users