Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Do Bush supporters have a political ideology?

Politics-American Bush Supporters Ideologies

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

Waterpanther wrote:

And it's possible to be "too ugly to get laid" in ways that have nothing to do with appearance. One could, for instance, be a foul-mouthed, arrogant, vindictive, narcissistic drunk.

Ted Kennedy is not foul-mouthed!

-Ogami

#82 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

Call Me Robin wrote:

In other words, he was pro-choice. Your point is?

Any attempt by Republicans to make Abortion rare, such as banning Partial Birth Abortions Robin, have been vigorously opposed by the Pro-Abortion crowd, as you well know. And as long as the vast majority of Abortions carried out in this country have been performed as birth control, and not due to rape, incest or health of the mother, then Abortion cannot be termed rare, Robin. Again, as you well know.

-Ogami

#83 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

Waterpanther wrote:

And it's possible to be "too ugly to get laid" in ways that have nothing to do with appearance. One could, for instance, be a foul-mouthed, arrogant, vindictive, narcissistic drunk.

Ted Kennedy is not foul-mouthed!

-Ogami

Tch.  And I thought it was part of the conservative quarrel with Ted Kennedy--all Kennedys, really--that it was all too easy for him to get laid.  Remember those lovely smears about Ted's deliberately killing Mary Jo Kopechne because she was supposedly pregnant by him?  Kinda like the ones about Hillary having Vince Foster killed because he was her lover.  ('Course, that's only when Rushboites aren't claiming she's a lesbian.)
Posted Image

#84 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

You forget those smears about him cheating in college . Except that is why he got dropped out of college. But to hear the press they will jump out to attack those saying even truthful things about the Senior Senator for Mass.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#85 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

So those dastardly Republicans forced Kennedy to be driving around at night with a hottie who was not his wife?

He must have been ministering to her needs, as Clinton did. What a pal!

-Ogami

#86 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

Ah, jealousy . . ..
Posted Image

#87 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

Remember those lovely smears about Ted's deliberately killing Mary Jo Kopechne because she was supposedly pregnant by him?
I agree those smears were over the line.

We actually have no idea why Ted deliberately killed Mary Jo. :humble:

-scherzo
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#88 waterpanther

waterpanther
  • Islander
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Maybe Joe Scarborough could shed some light.  You know, the Republican Florida Rep who resigned "to spend more time with his family" just as his female intern was found dead in his office and his wife divorced him.
Posted Image

#89 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

View PostOgami, on Mar 25 2006, 09:21 PM, said:

Call Me Robin wrote:

In other words, he was pro-choice. Your point is?

Any attempt by Republicans to make Abortion rare, such as banning Partial Birth Abortions Robin, have been vigorously opposed by the Pro-Abortion crowd, as you well know. And as long as the vast majority of Abortions carried out in this country have been performed as birth control, and not due to rape, incest or health of the mother, then Abortion cannot be termed rare, Robin. Again, as you well know.

-Ogami

What are you talking about?  Late term abortions are very rare and are only done under extreme circumstances (i.e., to save the life of the mother).  Most abortions are carried out much earlier.  And nobody's using abortion as birth control; I think everyone already knows this.  There's already another board on ExIsle for fantasy fiction.   :p  

The best way to reduce abortions is to promote contraception and encourage responsible sexual behavior.  Republicans don't do this.  Instead, there are Republicans who oppose certain forms of birth control, such as the pill, and support abstinence-only education.  In other words, Republican policies don't reduce abortions.  

Back to the topic: do Bush supporters have a political ideology?  And when a Republican (such as Dick Cheney) is caught making a boo-boo, why do conservatives say, "But Democrats/liberals/the other side does it toooooooo"?  For example, Cheney's hunting mishap has nothing to do with Ted Kennedy's sleazy antics.  Yet conservatives became very defensive and brought up Chapaquiddick after Cheney's accident.  Both were wrong, but they're unrelated.  

Maybe Joe Scarborough could shed some light. You know, the Republican Florida Rep who resigned "to spend more time with his family" just as his female intern was found dead in his office and his wife divorced him.

Shhhhhhh!  They'll bring up Gary Condit!  "Lay off Joe!  Democrats do it toooooooo!"   :rolleyes:  :lol:
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#90 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

View PostZwolf666, on Feb 27 2006, 02:20 PM, said:

Abortion rallies are only about abortion-on-demand, using abortion as the first choice in contraception.

This is so incredibly overblown and ridiculous on the face of it that I'm frankly surprised you're not embarrassed to say such things.  

"Abortion as the first choice in contraception."  Jeez.  Even when they're legal, you've got to know that abortions are incredibly unpleasant, dangerous, stigmatizing, and expensive.  Claiming that abortion is anyone's first choice in contraception is like claiming getting false teeth is someone's first choice in dental care.

It's a whole lot easier, cheaper, more convenient, and discrete to use a condom, a sponge, foam, a Norplant, or any one of the dozens and dozens of other means of birth control available to the country.

But, since you're claiming that abortion is "the first choice in birth control," you're saying that there are more abortions performed in this country than there are condoms sold?  Fella, there've been occasions where I've gone through around a half-dozen condoms a night with a girl, and zero abortions.   Abortion definitely ain't the "preferred method," and making claims like that is really, really silly.   You do realize that, no?  

Cheers,

Zwolf

What Zwolf said.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politics-American, Bush Supporters, Ideologies

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users