Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

University of Michigan bans some Asian students..

Michigan Asian students banned 2003 University of Michigan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:18 AM

I feel like I'm spamming my own forum, but be that as it may.... ;)

http://www.woodtv.co...52&nav=0RceFgDY

My thread title is also imprecise, but the char limit is pretty tight.

(Update, May 7, 2003, 11:30 a.m.) Michigan universities have canceled many overseas summer programs to SARS infected countries. Now, some are discouraging students from coming to the United States.

The University of Michigan has discouraged six Chinese students from attending the university. It's evaluating situations on a case by case basis.

Michigan State University is expecting 77 students from foreign countries this summer. It's waiting for advice from the government and university physicians.

24 Hour News 8 has learned that Grand Valley State University's President and Provost are meeting this week to discuss what to do with incoming students. GVSU hopes to have a decision by Friday.

One student from a SARS infected country is attending Western Michigan University this summer. He's been thoroughly examined and given a clean bill of health.

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Enmar

Enmar

a Sabra

• Islander
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:55 AM

Javert Rovinski, on May 8 2003, 09:05 AM, said:

My thread title is also imprecise, but the char limit is pretty tight.
Well, I know some nice people who might be able to help you, try this link:

http://www.exisle.ne...php?act=SF&f=10

:wideeyed:

I don't get it... just ask them all to come earlier so they can be checked, if they can check one, they can check them all.
Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.

#3 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:56 AM

Enmar, on May 7 2003, 11:42 PM, said:

I don't get it... just ask them all to come earlier so they can be checked, if they can check one, they can check them all.
LOL @ Link

And the problem is, there's not yet a definitive test for SARS....

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#4 Enmar

Enmar

a Sabra

• Islander
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:02 AM

But if you don't show any symptoms in 10 days, you're clean, aren't you? Or did I miss something? :unsure:
Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.

#5 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:04 AM

Enmar, on May 7 2003, 11:49 PM, said:

But if you don't show any symptoms in 10 days, you're clean, aren't you? Or did I miss something? :unsure:
That's true.

I think the concern is that people would feel pressured to lie about their health or that something is bound to slip through or it's not worth the risk, or....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Michigan, Asian students banned, 2003, University of Michigan

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users