1330 replies to this topic

#21 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:07 AM

"You looking forward to the picnic?"

"I suppose so..." Nick said, taking a seat and starting in on the food. "I haven't been to many....the last one was a very long time ago...." He voice trailed off as a twinge of sadness creeped into it. He took another bite, occupying himself with the meal. "What about you? Looking forward to it?" He asked Lynea...

#22 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:24 AM

JP Vaughn & Michiko

"Vaughn, Lucas..I was wondering where you had gone." Michiko slipped an arm about Vaughns waist and smiled at Lucas  "I think the smiles on your faces mean that you agreed Lucas"

Going over Lucas she gave him a long hug, and going up on tip toe whispered in his ear  "Thank you.  Now be nice to Jen..she seems to be sad about something."  She urged Lucas in Jen's direction.

"Vaughn, Alecks has invited us to join he and Carlotta for breakfast, and it looks Silver and Rudi have joined them as well."

"Oh, Bacon and Eggs, I can't wait. The steak last night was one thing, but breakfast. Oh, I'm going to have so much fun these next few days."

With an arm around each other, they went to the table, and sat down. Vaughn smiled and nodded to the others.

"My my, this must be the couples table. Love seems to certainly be in the air."

Michiko grinned at the two other couples as Vaughn pulled out a chair for her. While he seated himself she thought about what handsome couples the other two pairs made

"I think congratualtions are in order all around."  Michiko  and Vaughn dug into the breakfasts the waiter brought with gusto. Spending as much time as the others exchanging little looks and hand squeezes

Vaughn took a bite of eggs, and washed it down with some pulpy orange juice. He was in heaven. He had the love of his life by his side, and able to enjoy humanity again.

"My dear, all my arrangements have been set. We're free to go whenever we wish. Were you able to find suitable arrangements?"

""No there is only one ship out bound for the next two weeks and I refuse to head out into space in it.  We'll have our honeymoon here"  Michiko said firmly, her tone soft, but brooking no disagreement Vaughn realized

Edited by Shalamar, 12 May 2003 - 08:27 AM.

#23 Perpetual Malcontent

Perpetual Malcontent

The Eternal Explorer

• Islander
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:09 AM

Constance clapped polietly.  She was a bit surprised at the public anouncement.  Such information could be used against Vaughn.  She wished them the best and then turned her attention to some business paperwork.

#24 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:33 AM

Lynea caught the tones of sadness in Nick and considered. She was aware that he had some lingering sadness, a grief that haunted him. She debated it for a few moments while eating and then set her fork down and looked at him in the eyes. "What happened that causes you so much sadness?" She asked seriously.

#25 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:31 PM

Silver looked at Shayna, then the stone.

"Of course I can mount it any way you like, just come by my shop any time you like."

She smiled at the Av, then at Michiko and Vaugn as they joined them for breakfast. There was something different about Vaugn, like he was somewhere in between human and vampire, that was the closest she could come to describing it.

She wondered about that weird feeling she had earlier, whoever had given it to her really needed help, or some interesting things could happen.

She smiled at Rudy, then put her hand on his thigh, rubbing it lightly, as Shiva decided to make an appearance at her side. He got his head rubbed in greeting as well.

Yes, it was going to be an interesting day..

#26 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:34 PM

The stress of the afternoon combined with her agitation once again causes Lalita to involuntarily shift into a medium sized black leopard with amber eyes and brown spots that can be seen when the sun hits her sleek black coat. After chasing some unsuspecting patrons around the zoo for awhile she deceides to climb a tree and take a nap in a high tree limb.

Edited by Ilana, 12 May 2003 - 01:53 PM.

#27 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:01 PM

"You agree?"

Alecks looked about the table.  "I get the feeling in missing something...."

He then noticed Rudy and Silver holding hands.

"Well, looks like we don't have to face your pack all alone after all," Alecks said grinning, nodding in greeting as Michiko and Vaughn sat down.

He picked up a slice of bacon and nibbled on it, savouring the taste.  He'd never gotten tired of it.

"Hmmmm.  So what have I been missing.  I'd have stopped by yesterday, but I had more important things to do yesterday," he asked the rest of the table, smiling, and squeezing Carlotta's hand.

#28 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:06 PM

"Oh, thank you, Silver, I will do that." Shayna smiles at Silver then reaches down to stroke Shiva as the tiger appears.

Michiko and Vaughn had joined the foursome at the table and apparently not noticed Shayna standing there due to their involvement in each other.  Shayna quietly leaves Silver's side as Vaughn mentions something about a "couple's table".  Everyone goes back to eating, so Shayna walks quietly back outside with Cyrus behind her and sits back on her rock.

"Silver will mount the stone for me in a choker,"She tells Tuatha excitedly.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 12 May 2003 - 06:10 PM.

#29 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:12 PM

"You are blunt, aren't you?" Nick asked, setting down his silverware. "If you really want to know, I was married once. Had a daughter. It was great......then, one night, I break up what looks like a mugging. Turned out the perps were vampires. I managed to drive them off, but they decided they didn't like me interrupting their fun. A few nights later, I came home to guests. They murdered my family in front of me, and told me they'd keep me alive long enough to watch my wife and child rise as vampires themselves."

"Not long after, I managed to get loose.....I killed them all. Then I sat there, waiting, wallowing in my grief until my family returned. I tired to reason with them, but they were ravenous, hungry. They only knew they wanted blood, and didn't care if it was mine.....so I killed them."

He lowered his eyes as the memories came back, painfully.  "I had to watch them die once, then had to kill them myself a second time....can you imagine what that's like? So, yeah, I'm sad sometimes, okay?" He finished, a bit defensively....he pushed his plate away. "I'm not hungry...."

He stood up and went into the bathroom, shutting the door.....soon, Lynea could hear the sound of running water as Nick went about washing himself up....

#30 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:33 PM

Rudy placed his hand over Silvers and grinned. Just the touch of her hand on his thigh was sending shivers through his body, he tried to concentrate on his food...on the people around him, but it was impossible. The fact that he was sharing breakfast with a vampire, or an ex-vampire should have put him on edge, but he felt happy, calm and content

Carlotta smiled at Vaughn

"Solid food ..... good isn't it?"

She savoured every bite of her breakfast and washed it all down with steaming hot coffee. She glanced up at Alecks

"No we won't have to face them alone, in fact Rudy and I have decided that it's time to re-write a few of the more 'traditional' and binding pack rules, isn't that right Rudy?"

Rudy looked up at the sound of his name

"Sorry.....what did you say....I'm afraid I wasn't really paying attention"

He squeezed Silvers hand under the table.

Carlotta laughed

"Never mind Rudy, it wasn't important"

She looked around the table

"Where did Shayna go? I hope all the 'couple' talk didn't scare her off"

#31 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:34 PM

Silver giggled when Carlotta tried to get Rudy's attention.

"I think Carlotta was saying something about rewriting 'traditions'." She whispered in his ear. "You really should pay more attention to things going on around you, you know." She said giggling. "You might miss something important."

She looked over at Carlotta and said "I think some traditions should be rewritten, I hope there isn't too much opposition to it."

"I also think I saw Shayne going outside, she must have needed some air or something." She thought Shayna was troubled about something, but wasn't quite sure and she didn't know her well enough to really ask personal questions.

Then her attention was being distracted by Rudy's hand sliding up and down her thigh.

#32 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:44 PM

"And this is the Zoological Gardens," Nikki shows Tuatha a two-page, full color map of the zoo and surrounding gardens from the book they are looking at.

"The book tells of 'large tracks of land where the animals roam free and the visitors travel through them in vehicles or walk along in enclosed walkways, making the visitors caged not the animals'.  Oh, that sounds wonderful, does it not?  The animals are free!  Animals should never be caged."

Shayna grins suddenly. "I wonder what flying over the animals' tracks of land will be like.  I do believe I will try that.  Oh, and listen to this: 'The gardens surround the Zoo, with lakes, ponds, streams, picnic areas, 'Childrens' areas, a hillside open air theater, herb gardens, rose gardens, statuary, fountains, and of course the Pavillion...the perfect place for a most romantic wedding or to sit around in long summer evenings listing to a band play and watch children chase fire flies'.  I wonder if that's where Michiko and Vaughn are to be married?"

Shayna continues looking at pictures of the animals and their living spaces.  She could not wait to see the zoo now.

#33 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:58 PM

Still picking at her remaining food, Tuatha thought about the wedding.  She was sure they would want some music and she figured if she was going to tag along she might as well make herself useful.  In her room she had a violin and an old small harp that she traveled everywhere with and, of course, her small flute that she normally carried somewhere on her.

She looks up and smiles when the Ave comes back out.  Tuatha likes Shayna.  She looks over the map with the girl.
"Yes, this does look like a wonderful place.  Many zoos I've seen are not so extensive, but this seems to be the kind of place where the animals are happy.  I think we're going to have a very interesting day."

#34 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:19 PM

Lynea blinked a few times in surprise and shock, at a loss for words as Nick pushed plate away and stormed into the bathroom. Great work Lyn, you really did yourself proud there. She thought in a mixture of sarcasm and reproach to herself within her mind. She continued to eat her breakfast thoughtfully. At least she knew now, she might be able to understand although judging from his reaction to a simple query she doubted she could help. A sigh escaped her lips as Lynea finished off her breakfast.

#35 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:36 AM

In the later morning Bethany McRea walked into the Inn to see if she could get a place to stay for the next few days. Wandering in and seeing no one around she walked out to the gardens looking at all the spring had brought

"Wow," she said to no one in perticular. She drew a deep breath and looked around at everyone's smiling faces. She wondered what the happy occasion was. As she walked further along in the garden she thought she heard a few various things about a wedding.

"Did I come at a bad time?" She asked a person showing a colored map to another.

#36 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:11 PM

Silver looked up as the stranger walked through the Inn.

"I wonder who that is." She asked no one in particular, then covered with her hand the hand that was playin so distractingly with her thigh and leaned over and kissed Rudy on the cheek.

Then she felt a large weight land in her lap. It was Shiva, demanding some attention. "Spoiled little kitty," She said smiling as she scratched his head with her free hand. He simply grunted and rubbed faces with her.

#37 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:52 PM

Rudy glanced at the stranger and shrugged

"Never seen her before, and by the looks of it none of us are of any interest to her, she's gone back outside. Michiko do you know her?"

He winked at Silver, his arm encircled her waist and he squeezed her gently

Carlotta looked at her empty plate and sighed

"Does anyone mind if I have seconds...for some reason I absolutely ravenous this morning"

Rudy grinned

"Must have been all that late night exercise Lottie"

Carlotta smiled sweetly and kicked him under the table

#38 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:57 PM

Alecks looked at Carlotta after Rudy's comment and winked, then slid a few extra slices of bacon off his plate onto hers, with a couple of honey biscuits.

"That should tide you over till the waitress can bring you a second order.  I'm feeling kind of adventursome myself.  Does anyone know what Eggs Benedict are?  I've seen them on the menu, but have no idea if they'd be any good."

He sipped his coffee and smiled, gently placing his free hand on one of Carlotta's.

#39 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:14 PM

Michiko pushed back from the table, too full to eat another bite.

"Vaughn, I just thought of another couple things that need doing before we leave for the park..which should be in less than an hour. I am going to change into something more appropriate for a wedding there too."  She had just the dress in mind.

Once in her office she contacted a party supply outfitters and placed an order for a party tent, chairs, tables and other necissities. Out came the credit wand, but she was smiling afterwards.

Heading back through the main room of the Inn she noticed that Jono seemed very distracted. She hoped everything was all right for him.

#40 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:21 PM

"Did I come at a bad time?"

Shayna looks up to see an unfamiliar woman approaching her and Tuatha.  Shanya stands up, as is polite in her society when greeting a stranger, and extends her wings to stretch them out.  Bowing her head slightly, her long red hair falling forward, the Ave smiles.

"Hello.  And no, you did not come at a bad time.  We are examining the Zoological Gardens.  You are new," Shanya stops as the woman nods.

"I am Shanya Avian.  This is Tuatha......and I apologize but I do not know your last name," The Ave turns to the Fae for a moment. "And you are in the wrong place to check in, I am afraid.  You must have bypassed the main room.  You will find everyone there eating and the desk to check in, if there's a room.  Come I will show you.  Tuatha? You will come too?"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users