• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1330 replies to this topic

#41 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:53 PM

Michiko sees Shayna and Tuatha come in from the gardens, with a lady she does not recognize.

"Hi, I'm Michiko, co owner of the Inn. How can I help you today?

When she is told that Bethany is looking for a place to stay she takes them over to the reception area and bring up the old fashioned check in book.  After looking through it

"Bethany, the Jade suite on the second floor is unclaimed. It has a nice east looking view. Iif you'd like to go up and decide, we have two others as well I see.  If you don't like the Jade suite, you can grab one of the others..the doors are unlocked, they are on the third and fourth floors, the Moon suite and the Equinox suite. So take yur pick"

Michiko noticed that Jen must have taken Lucas up to look at the things they had found in Mr. Linden's lugage. She had a very bad feeling about that.  Setting those worries aside, Michiko smiled at Shayna

"I bought some pretty kites for the picnic.  I didn't know if your people flew kites and I thought you might enjoy them"

#42 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:58 PM

Silverwind practically skipped down the stairs.  Sure, she'd only had maybe four hours of sleep, but Shai had helped dispell a lot of the fears that had been lurking in her brain since her transformation.  

Finally reaching the main room, she looked around to see who all had come for breakfast.  At one table she noted Vaughn with an empty chair by his side. *'Gee, that wouldn't be Michiko's, would it?  Oh, certainly it couldn't,' Windy thought with great amusement.*  Carlotta and Alecks, and Rudy and Silver also sat at that table, clearly paired off.

Snagging a waiter's attention, she ordered hot chocolate and a pastry for breakfast.  From him she learned of Michiko and Vaughn's announcement.  Windy smiled happily, then made a mental note to change into something a bit more formal than jeans and a black tanktop.  Not wanting to interrupt the couples, she took her food and sat at a table in the corner.  She glanced up as Shayna, Tuatha, Michiko, and a new person walk through the main room and off to the reception area.  Curious, she finishes off her food quickly and steps into the reception area.

Good morning, ladies.  I trust that all is going well today?

Edited by silverwind, 14 May 2003 - 07:07 PM.

#43 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:04 PM

Silver leaned closer to Rudy when his arm went around her. She continued to  scratch Shiva's head, to his delight, and grinned when Carlotta commented about being ravenous. She had a feeling she knew why.

"Eggs Benedict? I believe that's Canadian bacon, a poached egg and hollandaise sauce on top of a toasted English muffin. I've heard it's very good." Silver said to Alecks. It sounded so good she ordered one for herself.

"Kite flying?" She had never flown a kite before and wondered how one went about flying one. Maybe she would find out later, Rudy's hands were distracting her again. She smiled and shifted closer.

#44 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:35 PM

After leading Bethany McRea to the front desk and waiting while Michiko helps her find a suitable suite, Shayna spies Windy eating breakfast.

"I bought some pretty kites for the picnic. I didn't know if your people flew kites and I thought you might enjoy them" Michiko says to Shayna.

"Kites?  No, we have never flown kites, but I have read about them, Michiko.  They sound quite fun.  Perhaps I will fly with the kites, or can rescue one should it become tangled in a tree."

Shayna grins at Michiko as Windy comes up to them. "Goodmorning, Windy, this is Bethany. She is new."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 14 May 2003 - 07:40 PM.

#45 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:35 AM

"A very good morning to you Windy!"  Michiko wa prctically singing

"Vaughn and I are getting married at the picnic. You are going to be there aren't you?

She finished making a sigh, and folding it into a table tent, set it prominently on the registry desk.

Michiko and Vaughn request the honour of your presence at the celebration of the beginning of their life together. Pavillion in the Park, 3:30 p.m. TODAY....Come celebrate with us!

She smiled and said  "There that should make sure that every one knows!  If you will excuse me I need to go change"

Edited by Shalamar, 15 May 2003 - 12:36 AM.

#46 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:55 AM

Bethany thanks Shayna and Tuatha for taking her to the front desk and quickly decides upon the Moon suite as not to take up too much of Michiko's time.

She then notices that two other people she does not recognize were saying hello to her.

"Hi, I'm Bethany. You'll have to excuse me, I'm not used to meeting quite so many people at once. Hi Windy, nice to meet you. Really I appriciate all of your help, it's very kind," she tried not to babble. She knew that it never made a good impression to do so.

After she had introduced herself to a few other people she went over to a waiter and ordered a cup of black coffee. She wandered around looking at all the people and signs hanging in the room when she saw the sign for a wedding. She wondered if everybody included her, since she was new to everyone.

She decided not to go unless someone told her she was allowed to. She had bigger problems to fix. She needed somewhere to put her horses since she had to come to Island so abruptly. She also needed to find a faw to pay their maintenance later on too.

"At least I have a place to stay. That's a start,"She whispered to herself

Edited by Gina49, 15 May 2003 - 01:56 AM.

#47 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:31 AM

Lalita awakens from her nap to find herself once again in human form.She carefully climbs down the tree and dresses herself in her clothes that were stashed by it's trunk.
After she dresses she deceides to take a swim in the pond in the park that she had seen earlier.
The pond is surrouneded by dense foliage that would hide her from view so she deceides to go skinny dipping.After swimming for awhile she suns herself admist the dense foliage so she can dry off.

#48 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:31 AM

Coming back out from the library with another armload of books, both real and holo, Shayna sees Bethany wandering around the main room.  The Ave ruffles her brown and gold wings again to stretch them out--she's not used to being so sedentary.  Aves usually fly most everywhere they need to go, especially from one of their mountain caves to another and down into the valleys or up onto the plateaus.  Shayna knows she must begin flying more often.

"Bethany? Come sit with me when you have finished looking around, if you like."

Shayna places her books on one of the tables to sort through, while her orange kitten jumps up on top of them with another of the Inn's many cats in tow.  Both cats proceed to sprawl out across the very books Shayna needs.  Pulling up a stool to sit on due to her wings, she begins to look through, turning the pages with her taloned-hands.

"Cyrus, you silly cat.  Please do not chew on the book corners.  I am certain Shai would get very angry with you."

#49 Perpetual Malcontent

Perpetual Malcontent

The Eternal Explorer

• Islander
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:11 AM

Constance had returned home.  The silence pleased her as she walked through the massive front doors.

"Any news while I was out?"

#50 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:45 PM

Shai gave Jono a soft kiss on his cheek

"Dear, I have some last minute things to attend to, and I need to change"

She found herself worrying again. Jono seemed terribly preoccupied still. *I can get every one packed off to the picnic, and do a deeper search of the Halls of Memory* she thought as she checked to see if everyting was in readiness *That will give me nearly four hours and I can be at the park in time for the wedding.* She decided.

Coming out from the back, she rang the bell and announced loudly enough for all to hear

"The aircars for the park will be departing in thirty minutes. I rented a pair of fifteen passenger vans and drivers.  They should be arriving any minute now, so every one get ready for a grand and glorious picnic, zoo walk, day in the park to be highlighted by the wedding of Michiko and Vaughn.  Every one is invited."

She started up the stairs to Lynea's room.  Hopefully she would be agreeable to taking charge of over seeing things. Linda and two other waitresses had agreed to help with the already prepared foor and George had already departed with the portable bar. *Maybe if I find more information quickly I can make some of the picnic, bring the information to Jono* She thought as she knocked on Lynea's door.

Edited by Shalamar, 15 May 2003 - 02:46 PM.

#51 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:56 PM

Silver looked at Rudy. "Half an hour, huh? I wonder if anyone would mind if Shiva rode with them. If not, he knows how to get to the park. Most of these people seem to like him all right."

She grinned at him as his hand travelled up and down her side. "If you don't stop that." She said, winking at him, "We may not make this picnic, and I would like to go. Maybe later......." She whispered something in his ear that had him looking at her and grinning, then she kissed him on the cheek.

Edited by LTA, 15 May 2003 - 02:57 PM.

#52 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:10 PM

Lynea had just finished off the remainder of her breakfast when the knock on her door came. She hadn't eaten much, her mind still mulling over Nick's tale. She stood up and crossed over to the door and opened it to see Shai standing there. "Ah, the picnic right? Are we late?" She asked.

#53 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:19 PM

At the sound of the bell, the two cats, Cyrus and Jake, stop their play wrestling on top of the books Shayna is trying to read.

"Did you hear that, guys, thirty minutes until we leave.  Cyrus, it is time to begin getting ready.  Jake, goodbye for now, dear one." The tortise-shell cat leaps off the table and runs off as Shayna gathers her books together.

Bethany is still looking around, so Shayna tells her that all are invited to the picnic and to be sure to be outside in half an hour.

"I will fly on my own since aircars do not accommodate my wings.  But I will be flying with all of you."

Once upstairs, the Ave chooses two books to bring with her--one holobook and one small, regular book on the Zoological Gardens--and tucks them into her larger pouch.  Her Cats-eye stone is secured safely inside with Shayna wishing it were already mounted for her to wear.  She will visit Silver's shop as soon as possible.

"Come on then little......arrgghh....not so little one anymore......let's get you into your carrier." Shayna is surprised, again, by Cyrus' growth. He's only five months old but seems a bit older. She wonders if anyone else notices or if felines always grow *this* fast.  She would speak to Shai about Cyrus today about his growth--as it is he will not fit in his current carrier much longer.

"Well, you fit for now but I will have to find some leather and make you a new carrier very soon."

As she pulles her long red hair back in a ponytail, Shayna makes certain her appearance is suitable.  She assumed this morning when dressing that a picnic is casual and had put on soft brown shorts that came above her thighs and a short top.  Shayna's tops always attached around the neck and midriff or waist because of her wings, and this one had straps that went down her back between her wings to secure to the bottom strap.  With a final look at her leather boots and making sure Cyrus is tucked in safely, the Ave straps on her pouch around her waist, resting it against the small of her back.  Knives are secured to her legs and in her boots.

"And off we go, my orange friend."

Stepping off her balcony, Shayna flaps her wings gently and rises in the air to make a few low circles around the Inn.  She decides to play and swoops down past the windows of the main room of the Inn--gently so as not to scare Cyrus--then back up into the air.  But the young cat seems to actually enjoy the sensations. Eventually, Shayna lands near the entrance to wait for the others, taking a bottle of water offered by a staff member.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 16 May 2003 - 03:44 AM.

#54 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 07:17 PM

Rudy couldn't wipe the grin from his face

"Promises promises Silver .... I'll remind you of what you just later my love"

He winked and raised her hand to his lips

"Although half an hour is plenty of time for what I had in mind"

Carlotta smiled

"Rudy! please I'm still eating"

#55 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:45 PM

Silver grinned apologetically at Carlotta. "Men," She said playfully, "Only one thing on their mind!"

She looked over at Rudy. "You won't have to remind me of what I said, I intend to honor every word. As for half an hour being long enough, just remember that anticipation just makes everything that much better." She winked at Carlotta.

"Isn't that right, Carlotta?"

Edited by LTA, 15 May 2003 - 08:51 PM.

#56 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:23 PM

"No, you are not late Lynea. I have a huge favor to ask. I found that there are some things that I need to do here at the Inn however, and will be tied up untill just before the wedding."

"Could you take charge of the picnic? Linda, Brenda and Joan will help with the food. George has taken the bar on head, so all you would have to do is be there in case of an emergency."

"Michiko assures me that all the wedding necesities have been taken care of, so there is nothing to concern youself with on those matters."

Shai looked hopefully at Lynea.

#57 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:11 AM

Bethany, having not heard the announcement, thanked Shayna for letter her know. Deciding that an air car wouldn't be the most enjoyable way to get to the picnic, she went to get her Friesian stallion, Glory, tacked up. Before she left she changed into jeans and a tank top, packing a burgandy formal evening gown.

Since her horses wern't on the grounds she would have to walk a few streets over on a trail leading from the Inn to get to them. She would have to remeber to ask Michiko if she could board at least Glory and her preagnant Throughbred mare, Sundown, at the Inn. If she couldn't find a place to keep the others, she would have to sell them.

When she arrived at the stable she quickly checked on Sundown and caught Glory without much trouble. She groomed him quickly whispering some soft anf comforting words to him at she slug a classy dressage saddle over his back and put a double bridal into his mouth. She never knew if it acctually helped to talk to him, but he always seemed to like it. She hopped on effortlessly and started back down the trail back to the Inn. Time was almost up.

She rode through a back gate around back and waited for the air cars and people.

Edited by Gina49, 16 May 2003 - 02:39 AM.

#58 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:13 AM

Silverwind returned to her room to change into a more formal outfit for the wedding.  Browsing through her ever-growing collection of forgotten things found tucked into corners of the Inn, she selected a not-too-formal pale purple dress.  The cut of it, especially the bell-shaped sleeves, marked it as having last been in fashion over 150 years ago.  She added some shoes that would be comfortable *Oh, how I hate shoes.  Evil, torturous things. . .*, then set about braiding her hair out of her way.  She quickly decided to braid one thick strand up and around like a headband, while the rest was left down.

Checking her reflection once, she chuckled.
  If it wasn't such a bright day, I could almost be mistaken for a vampire!  Pale skin, old-fashioned dress. . .  

She was still chuckling as she made her way outside, sat down in a chair, scooped up her favorite fluffy black cat and settled in to await the arrival of the aircars.

#59 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 03:52 AM

Standing in the shade near the entrance to the Inn, Shayna sees a large four legged creature come around from the back of the Inn.  Riding on this creature, that Shayna recognizes from her books as a horse, is Bethany.  The woman doesn't see her in the shade, and Shayna doesn't wish to startle the large creature.

As Bethany stops her horse in the front area, Shayna walks slowly towards her and calling out her name.  The Ave tries to keep her wings still at she approaches from the side.  Shayna waves at Windy who had also come outside to wait and is now playing with a cat.

Shayna  strokes Cyrus' orange head to calm him too, but he seems quite calm around the huge horse.

"I have never seen a real horse before.  We have no use of them since my people can fly.  But it is a most beautiful animal!  May I ask his or her name?"

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 16 May 2003 - 05:31 AM.

#60 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:22 AM

"Oh, thanks, I'm glad you think so," Bethany said swinging silently off the horses back and appearing at his head. "His name is Glory. Well, acctually it's Pride and Glory, Glory is just a shorter name," Bethany laughed as Glory nuzzled the orange kitten. "He loves cats for some reason, but I don't know why. Maybe it's just because he wants to prove that he can be big and proud but still gentle and loving," Bethany smiled. Turning her attention to a moving mechanical thing she saw coming down the road her smile broadened "I guess that would be the air cars," she said swinging back up into the saddle. "Are you sure it's ok that I go? I mean, I hardly know anyone here, and I'm only an aquaintance with the bride. I don't even know the groom," she asked Shayna.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users