Valerie Plame Bush implicated CIA leak 2006

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Caretaker

Caretaker
  • Islander
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

Everytime I think this administration can't go downhill anymore... they do...

#22 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

Shal--What Rhea Said.  And:

Citing "intelligence officials," Newsday first reported on July 22, 2003, that prior to her exposure, Plame worked for the CIA on weapons of mass destruction issues in an "undercover capacity." An October 11, 2003, Knight Ridder article reported that Plame operated under "nonofficial cover," posing as an analyst at a CIA-created shell company, Brewster-Jennings & Associates. An October 13, 2003, Time article confirmed that Plame was involved in tracking weapons of mass destruction.

Media Matters

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#23 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

To me what is so disturbing about this is that Plame was actually connected to the Republicans via her husband.  But...because he questioned them in the whole war thing and chose to tell the truth or wanted the truth to come out...they bulldozed over him and her.

So if that's the case with supposed people within their camp...how do they feel about the rest of us? :(

Edited by Hibblette, 06 April 2006 - 06:55 PM.

"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#24 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,687 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

It's the standard tactic of keeping one's own house in order.  Many a prince would strive to make sure those around him were faithful, and unfortunately, the only way he could tell if they were on his side is if they only told him what he wanted to hear.

Some things never change.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#25 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

Yes...but...we are a country that is suppose to be beyond royalty.

We are the people.
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#26 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Couple of quotes via Andrew Sullivan's blog:  

President George W. Bush, on October 7, 2003, said:

"There's a lot of leaking in Washington, D.C. It's a town famous for it. This investigation in finding the truth, it will not only hold someone to account who should not have leaked — and this is a serious charge, by the way. We're talking about a criminal action, but also hopefully will help set a clear signal we expect other leaks to stop, as well. And so I look forward to finding the truth,"

And:

White House press conference, on October 6, 2003, said:

But can you confirm that the President would fire anyone on his staff found to have leaked classified information?

McClellan: I think I made that very clear last week. The topic came up, and I said that if anyone in this administration was responsible for the leaking of classified information, they would no longer work in this administration."

#27 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

To top it all off you have the Senate hearings on illegal wiring taping and those involved are screaming bloody murder that Gonzales is stone walling them and refusing to answer question claiming it's all classified. Bush and his illegal immigrant amnesty bill and just today Bolton said that if the UN was unwilling to act regarding Iran's nuclear threat, WE would.... Apparently Dr. Frankenstein has created a beast he can't control. Sorry but these guys are out of their flipping minds.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Timon

Timon
  • Islander
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

The idea that if Bush okays the leak then the secret identity of a CIA agent is immediately declassified is completely heinous to say the least. Everyone she is connected to and all her past contacts immediately come under scrutiny and are put in danger, not to mention the intel network that was created in connection to this agent is destroyed. And probably the identity of several other undercover agents who worked with her past and present.

So, what does that say about a man who would declassify and allow the identity of a covert agent leaked to the media in order to smear her while she's involved in gathering intel on weapons of mass destruction? Did that benefit our national security or merely seek to promote his own personal agenda? When you consider who had the correct intel the answer is pretty obvious.

And let us not forget that he then lied to the nation and DENIED the leak came from his office. Then went on a rant about those who leak information to the media. Later, he actually whined about the Times exposing his domestic spying program and vowed to aggressively pursue those who would leak info to the media.

Indefensible hypocrite. Lying asshat.

#29 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

It seems to have been missed here that news sources, including one of the articles linked to at the beginning of this thread, are clearly saying there's no evidence that the President was personaly involved in the leak of Plame's idenity. FTR I heard it also on TV news broadcasts on two different networks as well as read it in that article. Those sources focus on the leak of the NIE which is a separate issue from the Plame case.

Edited by Anastashia, 07 April 2006 - 08:45 AM.

The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#30 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

Different branch, same tree.

yahoonews said:

That's the picture that emerges from court papers filed by the prosecutor in the     CIA leak case against Libby, who is depicted as doing the bidding of President Bush and Cheney in striking back at administration critic Joseph Wilson.

#31 Timon

Timon
  • Islander
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:06 AM

Indeed. It's the same ballgame.
According to the Washington Post....
http://www.washingto...s_world/mideast

The information was contained in the National Intelligence Estimate, one of the most closely held CIA analyses of whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction before the war.

According to Fitzgerald's account, Libby believed that only he, Bush and Cheney knew about the calculated disclosure. Even Stephen J. Hadley, then the deputy national security adviser, was kept in the dark, and he wasted efforts trying separately to "declassify what Mr. Libby testified had already been declassified."

Libby told Miller, among other things, that the NIE concluded Iraq was "vigorously trying to procure uranium," according to Fitzgerald's filing. In fact, the CIA did not believe this allegation, which came from the Defense Intelligence Agency and remains unproved to this day, according to intelligence analysts.

So obviously it was classified intel that had already been discredited by the CIA and was still designed to be leaked just to discredit Wilson. The hypocritical rantings Bush whined out in regards to the domestic spying program make him out to be a bigger asshat than ever.

#32 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:09 PM

View PostTimon, on Apr 7 2006, 08:44 AM, said:

I wouldn't say that....My choice of words would be much, much, harsher...and be a violation of U.S law, not to mention Exisle guidelines...lol
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#33 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:09 PM

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause. ..."

-Padme, Star Wars

:(

#34 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:33 PM

View PostNick, on Apr 7 2006, 01:09 PM, said:

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause. ..."

-Padme, Star Wars

:(

Now why would you insult the villians of star wars? Compared to Bush the emperor in Star Wars, Darth Vader, and that whole lot put together are almost super heros.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#35 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

View PostLORD of the SWORD, on Apr 7 2006, 10:09 AM, said:

I wouldn't say that....My choice of words would be much, much, harsher...and be a violation of U.S law, not to mention Exisle guidelines...lol

That makes two of us.  :angry:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#36 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:05 PM

View PostRhea, on Apr 7 2006, 11:46 AM, said:

View PostLORD of the SWORD, on Apr 7 2006, 10:09 AM, said:

That makes two of us. :angry:

Me three!  :pout:

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#37 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

"Bush implicated in Plume leak"

I've been waiting since 2000 for a single Democrat criminal charge against Bush to come true. None of them have. Week in and week out, month after month, year after year, crazed Democrat officials seize on the next "big lie" they think will "get" Bush.

Each time, they work themselves into a righteous frenzy, gleeful at the impending striped prison suit for Bush or his cabinet, and then it doesn't pan out.

But that doesn't matter, because then the left goes on to the next "scandal", invented purely in their fevered imaginations.

Six years later, and Bush is still here. Not convicted of embezzling Worldcom. Not convicted of embezzling Enron. Not convicted of enriching his oil buddies in Iraq. Not convicted of deliberately lying to get us into Iraq in the first place. Not convicted of causing global warming. Not convicted of personally creating Hurricane Katrina to "punish" black voters in New Orleans. Not convicted of stealing either the 2000, 2002, or 2004 elections, either. Yet still the looney left clings to hope.

Consider whether this is 'hope' or simply lingering sickness. He's president, you failed to 'get' him, move on to the next election and the next campaign. Or don't, and lose again for the same reasons!

-Ogami

#38 Timon

Timon
  • Islander
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

Master of the Straw Man rhetorical technique.
Lord of the Ad Hominem argument.
I bet you're a Barry Bonds fan....still.

Edited by Timon, 07 April 2006 - 05:01 PM.

#39 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

View PostOgami, on Apr 7 2006, 04:05 PM, said:

He's president, you failed to 'get' him, move on to the next election and the next campaign. Or don't, and lose again for the same reasons!

-Ogami

While your points have some merit you seemed to have forgotten all the other republicans who are distancing themselves from Bush...members of his own party don't even want their picture taken with the boy, that should tell you something.

#40 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

A storm is brewing folks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Valerie Plame, Bush implicated, CIA leak, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users