Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

If Hillary Got The Dem Nomination, Would You Vote For Her

Elections Pre-2008 Primaries Hillary Clinton

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You Vote For Hillary Clinton For President (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Apparently There Is Speculation That Hillary Clinton Could Be The Dem Nominee

1. I'm A Dem And I'd Vote For Her (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. I'm A Dem and I Don't Know If I'd Vote For Her (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. I'm A Dem and Wouldn't Vote For Her (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. I'm An Independent And I'd Vote For Her (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

5. I'm An Independent But I'm Undecided About Voting For Her (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

6. I'm An Independent And Wouldn't Vote For Her (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

7. I'm A Republican And I'd Vote For Her (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. I'm A Republican And I'm Undecided If I'd Vote For Her (0 votes [0.00%])

9. I'm A Republican And I Wouldn't Vote For Her (4 votes [10.26%])

10. It Depends On Who The GOP Nominee Is (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

If You vote NO, why not?- OR if voted Yes pleases mark #9

1. I Don't Like Her, She's Too Pushy (0 votes [0.00%])

2. I Beleive Her Opinions Change With The Political Wind (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

3. I Don't Like Her Policies (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. She's Bill Clinton's Wife (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

5. Too Conservative (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

6. Too Liberal (4 votes [10.26%])

7. She's Unelectable Because She Polarises People Along Party Lines. (4 votes [10.26%])

8. She's A Woman (0 votes [0.00%])

9. I voted for her in the first half- so no entry here (17 votes [43.59%])

Percentage of vote: 43.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

I'm curious about how people feel on this issue and why.

Edited at Lins request to grant Option # 9 in second half.

Edited by Shalamar, 09 May 2006 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

The way it's set up, you have to choose one from column A and one from column B. Is that what you intended???? Let me know.

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

The poll doesn't let you vote if you don't vote on the second question, and the second question excludes some voters.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#4 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:04 PM

I'm sure I disagree with her on most issues, but there are special reasons against her in particular above and beyond other people I disagree with:

1. The only reason to vote FOR her is just because she's who she is, rather than what she would actually do... whether it's to continue the Clinton legacy or because she's female or because she bugs the other side or because it's just what people say you're supposed to do. It's like voting for John McCain just because of all the rapturous praise heaped on him. That's a setup for a "cult of personality".

2. She's exactly the kind of Democrat that the whole party needs to become LESS like and LESS associated with, not MORE so: all hatred and fire and brimstone, no interest in anything positive.

#5 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:05 PM

Yep, if you vote undecided in the top portion, there is no choice in the bottom half, and the poll won't let you vote at all.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:09 PM

I put the second section in to get an idea of why those who absolutely wouldn't vote for her feel that way. Those who are undecided, are simply that, undecided. I was more interested in why those who have already decided they wouldn't vote for her feel the way they do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

Well, I'm undecided, but right now I tend to agree with Delvo.  She is more a celebrity personality than a proven leader.  We're suppose to like her if we're a Democrat [or moderate leftist].

I'm undecided, and will probably remain so up to the day of the election.  I'm concerned here about our country and our quality of life.  The candidate that has an actual plan to reduce the deficit [and no not just by increasing taxes, I want spending cuts on pork barrel] and an exit strategy in Iraq will get my attention.  I have other issues I'm concerned about, but those are the top two for me.

I will look for real leadership and a doable plan.  I'm not looking for a quick fix and a campaign promise.. I will vote for the person who knows what to do and can get it done.  If that is Hillary.. so be it.  But if it is someone else, then it will be someone else who gets my vote.

Source:

#8 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:13 PM

View PostLin731, on May 9 2006, 11:09 AM, said:

I put the second section in to get an idea of why those who absolutely wouldn't vote for her feel that way. Those who are undecided, are simply that, undecided. I was more interested in why those who have already decided they wouldn't vote for her feel the way they do.

Yeah I guessed that was your purpose, but the poll doesn't work [technology wise].

Source:

#9 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:17 PM

View PostLin731, on May 9 2006, 02:09 PM, said:

Right - but as Cait said - the problem isn't just the wording - its that we can't even say we're undecided if we aren't voting in the other section of the poll.  It just doesn't allow us to submit the vote.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#10 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:18 PM

Maybe two separate polls/threads? One for if you would vote for her, who are you; and one for, if you wouldn't, why not?

Maybe Orpheus has a better idea.

#11 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:19 PM

As a clear example (not sidestepping around how one voted), I of course put I'm a dem and I'd vote for her. I tried to submit and it said "You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for."

#12 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:20 PM

If she's the nom ... then who else ya gonna vote for? ;)

I actually think she could do more than some on here think,

I can't quite say yet though, because I've never seriously considered her so I don't really know what she's doing for her constituents, since I'm no newyorker and she's very far from me; I've thus never had a reason to study what she's doing over there.

If she becomes a serious contender, then I'll read more what she's doing, what her votes are in senate, what her committee is, (which ones is she on anyhow??), just what exactly the newyorker intelligencia think she's doing, what they're happy about and not happy about with her doings, and I'm talking about beyond posturing, the actual doings; so I can really consider her.

But, I would not be against her just because she's (sort of) a Clinton; nor because she's a woman; nor because she's outspoken, I agree with most of her outspoken speakings; nor because then Bill would be some kind of first gentleman??; nor because some pundit somewhere rails AginHer because he's got her on his wrong side.

And if she's the nom, then it's her or doubleyew, and no indie in that horserace will run, (I don't mean won't enter, I mean like 'that dog wont run') , so ........

I'm no newyorker so any newyorker dems can correct me on this, but I think she's probably been doing a pretty fair job as nw senator, she's cut her teeth, she's bargained with the big boys, she may be ready for this; but it's up to her to say, and I never heard her say on this.

PS!- somebody fix the poll: it will only go if you enter one radio button in top AND bottom, so if you say choice 1 in the top, then you'd not want one in bottom, it won't play, so it's bent toward saying NO, because you must enter in bottom half. ;) - so I have no vote in the whole poll yet

Edited by offworlder, 09 May 2006 - 01:22 PM.

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#13 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

Sorry guys, I'd edit the poll itself but I can't. I guess for all the undecided with concerns (and for anyone else for that matter). Feel free to list your concerns.

Delvo, you said she's too liberal. Can you elaborate on that? In what areas?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

View PostDelvo, on May 9 2006, 02:04 PM, said:

I'm sure I disagree with her on most issues,

For example?  

2. She's exactly the kind of Democrat that the whole party needs to become LESS like and LESS associated with, not MORE so: all hatred and fire and brimstone, no interest in anything positive.

She's for balancing the budget, saving social security and medicare, universal healthcare, keeping abortion "safe, legal and rare," et al ad nauseum.  

None of which has anything to do with "hatred and fire and brimstone."   And I'd appreciate examples of THAT assertion, as well, because, on the contrary, Clinton has gone out of her way to forge bipartisan relationships in the Senate, crossing the aisle on a regular basis to cosponsor legislation with her Republican colleagues, who have unanimously praised her as a strong leader for so doing.  They also call her smart and say she's a workaholic.  

Wow--those are some *really* negative qualities.  Who'd want THAT in a president?

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#15 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

View Post_ph, on May 9 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

She's for balancing the budget, saving social security and medicare, universal healthcare, keeping abortion "safe, legal and rare," et al ad nauseum.  

None of which has anything to do with "hatred and fire and brimstone."   And I'd appreciate examples of THAT assertion, as well, because, on the contrary, Clinton has gone out of her way to forge bipartisan relationships in the Senate, crossing the aisle on a regular basis to cosponsor legislation with her Republican colleagues, who have unanimously praised her as a strong leader for so doing.  They also call her smart and say she's a workaholic.  

Wow--those are some *really* negative qualities.  Who'd want THAT in a president?

WOW!!!  Now here's a Dem with fire in his belly.  Nice post.  Very nice post.

Edited by Cait, 09 May 2006 - 01:36 PM.

Source:

#16 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

since it requires an entry in the second part, just get a mod to ADD an item saying I Voted Yes in part one, or somesuch ;) :D - Then I'll vote.
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#17 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

Lin would you like me to see if I can edit that poll? I have no idea if it is possible, but I am willing to see and impliment Offworlders suggestion - a button in the second have that says simply "voted yes in first half "- and see if that gets it to work.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#18 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

Yes Shal, if you could edit it to add in that option, I'd be most greatful!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Does a snoopy dance, yes I can do it with my vast and modly powers ( huge LOL )

There ya go Lin, added number #9 and put in wording so people know to check that boy if they voted yes in the top half.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#20 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

View Post_ph, on May 9 2006, 01:29 PM, said:

None of which has anything to do with "hatred and fire and brimstone."
The red flag for me is her support of phoney-baloney "Please think of the children!" causes like the increased regulation of violent video games. Why don't you worry about addressing the real problems in society, okay, instead of stomping on our civil rights to make soccer moms feel better about not parenting their children?

(You might be able to tell that this is a hot-button issue for me. :) )

Edited to add: Hrm, it looks like my vote disappeared, but it says I already voted.

Edited by Dev F, 09 May 2006 - 02:10 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elections, Pre-2008 Primaries, Hillary Clinton

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users