Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

If Hillary Got The Dem Nomination, Would You Vote For Her

Elections Pre-2008 Primaries Hillary Clinton

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You Vote For Hillary Clinton For President (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Apparently There Is Speculation That Hillary Clinton Could Be The Dem Nominee

1. I'm A Dem And I'd Vote For Her (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. I'm A Dem and I Don't Know If I'd Vote For Her (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. I'm A Dem and Wouldn't Vote For Her (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. I'm An Independent And I'd Vote For Her (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

5. I'm An Independent But I'm Undecided About Voting For Her (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

6. I'm An Independent And Wouldn't Vote For Her (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

7. I'm A Republican And I'd Vote For Her (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. I'm A Republican And I'm Undecided If I'd Vote For Her (0 votes [0.00%])

9. I'm A Republican And I Wouldn't Vote For Her (4 votes [10.26%])

10. It Depends On Who The GOP Nominee Is (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

If You vote NO, why not?- OR if voted Yes pleases mark #9

1. I Don't Like Her, She's Too Pushy (0 votes [0.00%])

2. I Beleive Her Opinions Change With The Political Wind (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

3. I Don't Like Her Policies (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. She's Bill Clinton's Wife (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

5. Too Conservative (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

6. Too Liberal (4 votes [10.26%])

7. She's Unelectable Because She Polarises People Along Party Lines. (4 votes [10.26%])

8. She's A Woman (0 votes [0.00%])

9. I voted for her in the first half- so no entry here (17 votes [43.59%])

Percentage of vote: 43.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:02 AM

I don't want to seem like I'm piling on but Delvo said: "Dangit, liberals & Democrats, every time Iím on the verge of finally deciding to toss my chips in with you all the way, you go and pull a stunt like this to drive me away again. You KNOW all the screaming and yelling the left was doing about how horrible it was to even think of military action in Afghanistan just as well as we do; we were there, you were there, you and/or your political allies were the ones DOING it, and you arenít going to fool us! Elsewhere at Ex Isle recently (I think in this thread but Iím not sure) I also saw someone still trotting out the same old tired lie about the ďMission AccomplishedĒ speech, when you all KNOW that it wasnít referring to what you keep claiming it was referring to! Thereís plenty of real stuff to go after Bush for now; you donít need to keep clinging to (and horribly discrediting yourselves with) these silly lies, especially on such irrelevant subjects!"

Lets take this one thing at a time...

"Dangit, liberals & Democrats, every time Iím on the verge of finally deciding to toss my chips in with you all the way, you go and pull a stunt like this to drive me away again."

:eek4:

"You KNOW all the screaming and yelling the left was doing about how horrible it was to even think of military action in Afghanistan just as well as we do; we were there, you were there, you and/or your political allies were the ones DOING it, and you arenít going to fool us!"

I'll give you the fact that there was some yelling and screaming but it was such a tiny fraction of people who wouldn't go to war for any reason, any time or anywhere.  You make it sound like all "liberals" and all Democrats were against the war in Afghanistan and that is catagorically untrue.  Most ANYBODY whether "liberal" or Democrat or Republican or Green or Blue  or whatever their tag might be wanted to stomp the hell out of Bin Laden.

It's rather difficult to direct this at a general "you" but I'll try.  I have seen many Republicans/ Conservatives cart out this deal where anyone who isn't with the Bush ideas/policies is a "liberal" or a Democrat or a handwringing bedwetter.  There isn't a single person in this thread that is trying to "fool" anyone on the issue of whether or not there was a handful of people that opposed the war in Afghanistan.  Put away the broad brush, as a tactic it's old and most of America is awake and on to it now.  And since I'm pretty sure that there are other conservatives on this board that are reasonable people and know that this argument is purely a "strawman", it would be real nice to see them chime in and put this baby to bed.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elections, Pre-2008 Primaries, Hillary Clinton

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users