21 replies to this topic

#21 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

View PostSmitty, on May 31 2006, 12:27 AM, said:

Including Nancy blackmailing Mr. Lloyd with her knowing he's "messing about" with the local butcher?

-cs™

One line that struck me in The Empty Child and I'm still not entirely about the wrtier's meaning is when the boy talks about the man coming while he was in a house recently, the sentence was never finished so we're left to wonder what he meant by that remark. I wonder what the commentary says about the writing.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#22 Nialla

Nialla
  • Islander
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

View PostDWF, on May 30 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

Here's an interesting question, how many sexual/homosexual references can be spotted in this two parter, including the title?

And yes some of them are deliberate.

I'm just curious to see if there's any edits in the finale. Sci Fi censors can get a bit... twitchy.
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffled their pockets for new vocabulary."
~ James D. Nicoll

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doctor Who, Doctor Who: Series 1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users