• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:21 PM

It started with little or nothing getting done during legislative sessions. No pressure form the Gov's office. Some major issues include

Worker Comp, which is deep in debt and may collapse if changes aren't made, and they haven't been made yet.

ATV's, Kids are dieing in rather large numbers in WV. Attempts to regulate them has been met a good bit of opposition. The Gov's office has taken some heat for not getting more involved

Coal Truck Weights, The trucks have run way over weight for years. Accidents usually meant someone getting killed. The limit has been 80,000 pounds, with trucks running as high as 180,000. An attempt by the Leg, with the gov's support was to raise the limit to 120,000 pounds, and regulate them better. Nothing has been dome. Most people here seem to want the limit left at 80,000, the truckers say they can't make enough to survive at that limit.

And now our Governor, Bob Wise D-West Virginia, has made CNN news web site.

http://www.cnn.com/2...y.ap/index.html

Edited by Kosh, 12 May 2003 - 09:24 PM.

Can't Touch This!!

#2 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,631 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:05 PM

After all the governors who were stealing the state blind and ending up in jail when I was growing up, some mere hanky-panky looks almost quaint.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#3 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:20 PM

Cardie, on May 12 2003, 02:52 PM, said:

After all the governors who were stealing the state blind and ending up in jail when I was growing up, some mere hanky-panky looks almost quaint.

Cardie
True. Bob is an improvement over Arch Moore and Wally Barron. At least this wont get Bob prison time.
Can't Touch This!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: West Virginia, Gov. Bob Wise D-WV, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users