22 replies to this topic

#21 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:55 AM

View Postwritergroupie, on May 19 2006, 01:25 AM, said:

And seeing the human beings before the 'upgrade' made them far more upsetting after they'd been Cybered.

Yeah, that was very disturbing indeed.

Seeing as these were evidently a new breed of Cybermen (created by Cybus Industries), I'm not surprised D.B. didn't do the Cyberleader's voice.

And I'm sorry but... Doctor Who is just BETTER with a cliffhanger! :wub:

Why be sorry.  That's a compliment.

#22 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

I'm sorry, but David Tennant just doesn't grab me as a Doctor the way Eccleston did. Even after half a dozen eps i'm still looking at every performance and thinking how the 9th doctor would have reacted.

sigh.

I still like the show, I just don't think I like the new Doctor.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#23 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:00 AM

View PostGodeskian, on May 19 2006, 12:50 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but David Tennant just doesn't grab me as a Doctor the way Eccleston did. Even after half a dozen eps i'm still looking at every performance and thinking how the 9th doctor would have reacted.

sigh.

I still like the show, I just don't think I like the new Doctor.
:D Give him a few years.  He'll grow on you. :D

Seriously, what you're experiencing is totally normal.  You 'resent' the new guy because he's not 'your' Doctor.  To be honest, I don't love Tennant the way I loved Eccleston, but he's still Doctor-ish enough for me to accept that it's just going to take time to get used to him. :)  And you never love all the Doctors the same.  Some you just love more.  Some you just tolerate.  But everybody responds differently.  For example, Peter Davison is one of my least fave Doctors, but I know people for whom he's their #1 fave.  No one will ever replace Jon Pertwee ('my' Doctor) in my heart, but you learn to like them differently, some more, some less.  You might want to try checking out some classic eps of the show, just to see how different actors have taken on the role.  It might let you forgive Tennant a little for not being 'your' Doctor. :)

In fact, I think I'm going to go start a thread in GMD about the Doctor(s) - we've done it before, but I think it would be fun to do an updated version now that Tennant's had some time to shine.

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doctor Who, Doctor Who: Series 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users