• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 maryavatar

maryavatar

Peachy

• Islander
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:04 PM

Andromeda Uncovered, home to all flavours of adult Andromeda fanfic has had a makeover.  Don't worry, the old archive is still up on Anzwers, and will remain there (although I stopped updating it last year).  The new archive is automated, and I will be adding all the stories from the old archive to the new one.  

Hopefully most writers will prefer to register and upload their own stories.  If you don't have time, or are intimidated by the upload interface, don't worry: no one is going to be left behind.  After I have uploaded your stories, I will e-mail you your log in details so you can edit, remove or add stories to your account.

Please remember that there are over 2,000 stories to be uploaded, and I have a job, college and three children to work around.  It may take a few months for me to completely catch up.

And just in case... Big Fat Disclaimer... Andromeda Uncovered is an adult archive.  The majority of the stories archived there are R and NC17 rated.  If you are not old enough to visit an adult website, please don't.
"When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'"

#2 Omeganian

Omeganian
  • Islander
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

So; the old archive seems to be gone along with Anzwers.org, the new one never really started... any backups?
Drago-Kazov Pryde, this is yor Alpha speaking!

Two months ago we sent ten million Nietzschean soldiers to war - the Magog ate them all!

A month ago we sent twenty million Nietzschean soldiers to war - the Magog ate them all!

Today, we are sending a hundred million Nietzschean soldiers to war - let the damn Magog choke!!!

#3 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostOmeganian, on 01 February 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

So; the old archive seems to be gone along with Anzwers.org, the new one never really started... any backups?

I've been wondering the same thing.  Not only did I not save some of the stories I posted there, but I liked some of the stories other people wrote, ditto for the other answers.org domain.  I was really upset about that.  If they're gone, they're gone, but I won't complain if they're backed up someplace.

#4 maryavatar

maryavatar

Peachy

• Islander
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yikes, I hadn't thought of AU for years until Omeganian contacted me.  The new stuff which was uploaded to the 2006 archive was all lost when it was hacked, I'm afraid.  I'm sure I have the last back up of the Anzwers site somewhere, but since I moved to the other end of the UK in 2007, I have no idea where the disk with those particular back ups are.  I will look for them, and if I find them, I'll zip everything into a downloadable archive.
"When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'"

#5 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 624 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks!

#6 bef

bef
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

There's the WayBack Machine (web.archive.org) that archives a few hundred million websites...

Including the Andromeda Uncovered Anzwers site:
http://web.archive.o...free/andromeda/

And the genereal Andromeda Archive:
http://web.archive.o...ee/dromarchive/

From what I have seen most of the stories are intact. Other sites such as the slipstreambbs or andromedauncovered.com won't work beyond the starting page as they are not html sites.
Have fun :)

#7 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Well, if anyone is looking for the old slipstream board, the threads were saved through a lot of hard work and dedication from 'Streamers.  Some threads were lost but the majority were saved, I believe.

Site is here.

http://streamerarchives.org/

Edited by Mary Rose, 20 May 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#8 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Thanks!  Maybe I'll be able to find and save some ficlets I wrote but never made copies of....and bring them over here.  Much obliged!

#9 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postbef, on 18 May 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

There's the WayBack Machine (web.archive.org) that archives a few hundred million websites...

Including the Andromeda Uncovered Anzwers site:
http://web.archive.o...free/andromeda/

And the genereal Andromeda Archive:
http://web.archive.o...ee/dromarchive/

From what I have seen most of the stories are intact. Other sites such as the slipstreambbs or andromedauncovered.com won't work beyond the starting page as they are not html sites.
Have fun :)

Missed this; thanks.  Most of my stuff is there, but "Not Always Served Cold" isn't displaying for some reason.  Dang it!

#10 bef

bef
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostMikeJaffa, on 28 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Missed this; thanks.  Most of my stuff is there, but "Not Always Served Cold" isn't displaying for some reason.  Dang it!

I'm sorry to hear one of your stories not making it. And I enjoy reading the other stories you are rescuing :)

#11 MikeJaffa

MikeJaffa
  • Islander
  • 624 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

View Postbef, on 07 June 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostMikeJaffa, on 28 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'm sorry to hear one of your stories not making it. And I enjoy reading the other stories you are rescuing :)
Thanks.  Glad you like the stuff I'm rescuing, some of which I forgot, at least on SSBBS.  As to "Not Always Served Cold," it was NC17, so I couldn't repost it here anyway.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users