47 replies to this topic

#1 Kura

Kura

Catalyst of Irresistable Urges

• Islander
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:07 PM

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Not the worst? Pedophile's sentence too harsh!

***SNIP***the court ruled the man's crimes were not among the worst sexual assaults ever committed, and agreed to reduce his sentence from 15 years to nine.

"There was no violence, such as gagging, threatening or hitting the child," Judge Lise Côté wrote.
Noooo! He ONLY sexually assaulted her & then posted the pictures of the assault on the internet! :sarcasm:

***The assaults started when his daughter was 24 months old and lasted for two years.***

Not the worst huh?  :angry: Wait for it!  :angry: Their reasoning gets even better! :sarcasm:

***When the court reduced that sentence on Tuesday, Côté cited the man's young age and the fact that he has only one other criminal conviction (for sexually assaulting another child when he was 17).***
(He's 32 :blink: That's young? )

Silly me! :sarcasm:  I'd think all of these, would have been even better reasons for upping his sentence not dropping it! :angry:

But what do I know! :sarcasm:  I just think he's a repeat offender who's not safe to ever let out because he'll just find (or have) another child to abuse & profit from! :angry:
I have this theory that Chocolate slows down the aging process.... It may not be true, but dare I take the chance?
Dogs have Masters - Cats have Staff!

#2 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:22 PM

Yeesh.  First we had a child-molester not being sent to jail because he's "too short," and now this.

If the guy did it and took pictures, that should be the end of the debate.  Into jail with him, or (preferably) just hang 'im.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#3 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Maybe they should just drop him on the streets and have all the cops go get coffee.  This is why the state needs to understand that people are going to get revenge if the state refuses to give the victim justice.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#4 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

GAH. Something is seriously wrong with the judges in this country if they think ANY form of child molestation is more ok than any other.

Short guy? Great! In prison, he'd see how it felt for his victim in short order.

Edited by Rhea, 31 May 2006 - 04:27 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#5 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

It looks to me like an all out war on children.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#6 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:43 AM

And here's another dumb thing.

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (AP) -- Six sex offenders sued the city Wednesday to block a new ordinance that bars them from venturing within 1,000 feet of parks, pools and playgrounds when children are present.

The plaintiffs went to federal court to argue that the law is unconstitutionally vague, violates their rights to vote and attend church, and prevents them from freely traveling on roads that may pass within 1,000 feet of the affected sites.

Boo-hoo.  They better be glad I'm not running things, 'cuz in my book, if you molest a kid, the only right you ought to have afterward is the right to be embalmed.

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#7 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:46 AM

Why bother a cremation and you can scatter the ashes and do not need to put them under ground.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#8 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

***The assaults started when his daughter was 24 months old and lasted for two years.***

24 months is 2 freakin' years old!  This ass ought to be drawn and quartered and I mean the Judge.   What the hell is going on in that judges head?  :ranting:

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#9 RobL

RobL

• Dead account
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

View PostG1223, on Jun 1 2006, 07:46 AM, said:

Why bother a cremation and you can scatter the ashes and do not need to put them under ground.

Why waste the gas/fuel to burn them?

Dump them at open sea. Let nature take its course.

Bring back Darthsikle!

#10 White Tiger

White Tiger

God, The Universe and everything...

• Islander
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

My best friends kids are like my kids...If anyone ever touched them...I would spend 20 years in prison.
Canada has the most horrific joke of a justice system. The only true justice that can be found here must be carried out by its citizens.
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.
And the ONE MILLIONTH POSTER ON EXISLE!

#11 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

View PostZwolf666, on May 31 2006, 04:22 PM, said:

Yeesh.  First we had a child-molester not being sent to jail because he's "too short," and now this.

If the guy did it and took pictures, that should be the end of the debate.  Into jail with him, or (preferably) just hang 'im.

Cheers,

Zwolf

Unfortunately I can't express what I would love to see happen to this scum....it's too soon since my last warning. So this will have to do for now....    :giljotiini:  :ranting:  :censored:  :blowup:
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#12 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

To call what we have in place in this country a "justice system" is a cruel joke on the word justice because it never is.  Justice is shown holding scales, meaning the friggin' punishment is supposed to equal the crime.  There is enough that can be done in this world to suit me to do that the friggin' perv or to the judge to give justice to a child that cannot defend itself, let alone speak a coherent phrase!  Burn 'em both and let God do the sortin', I say.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#13 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:40 PM

View PostBalderdash, on Jun 1 2006, 11:31 AM, said:

24 months is 2 freakin' years old!  This ass ought to be drawn and quartered and I mean the Judge.   What the hell is going on in that judges head?  :ranting:

Please don't get me started on idiotic, moronic Judges like this one....
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#14 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:22 AM

View PostLost Cause, on Jun 1 2006, 09:31 PM, said:

Justice is shown holding scales, meaning the friggin' punishment is supposed to equal the crime.
I thought it meant that justice is supposed to meted out without regard to class or other standing, Justice also being blindfolded.  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#15 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

It used to be that true justice, way back when, meant that the punishment meted out equaled the crime, hence the scales.  People mention "balancing the books" at times when it comes to repaying out for some wrong done.  Similar metaphor, though it is often in the connotation of revenge.  The blindfold is what represents that justice was supposed to be handed out without regard to class or status.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

#16 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

It gets better...

Couple Orders Hit on Grandkids

TAVARES, Florida (AP) -- A couple tried to hire a hit man to kill their three grandchildren and daughter-in-law to stop them from testifying against their son in his rape trial, authorities said.

"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that don’t even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#17 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:30 PM

View PostNatolii, on Jun 2 2006, 11:51 PM, said:

It gets better...

TAVARES, Florida (AP) -- A couple tried to hire a hit man to kill their three grandchildren and daughter-in-law to stop them from testifying against their son in his rape trial, authorities said.

I heard about that one. Well, I personally hope that grandma and grandpa get to know the intimacies of inmate cell life....it's no less then they deserve IMO.

It's just a shame that they are already that old. They'll probably spend the rest of their lives in prison...but nowhere near the number of years they should spend in it.

#18 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

View PostNatolii, on Jun 2 2006, 10:51 PM, said:

It gets better...

:blink:  

**Shakes head to clear vision**

What the heck?  Never heard of grandma and grandpa puttin' hits out on their grandkids before.  I don't give a frack how old they are, they need to have all the books thrown at them.  

Really blows your sense of grandparents now, don't it?

#19 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

Nice triple post.

Edited by G1223, 04 June 2006 - 11:31 AM.

TANSTAAFL

#20 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

A good thing might be to have the court rule that these grandchiren and daughter in law get to pick the nursing home for grandma and grandpa.  That would be justice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, Punishment, Pedophilia, Moderator Action, Warning

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users