47 replies to this topic

#21 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

The other part of that triple post

Edited by G1223, 04 June 2006 - 11:31 AM.

If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#22 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:21 AM

Balderdash you are being warned for the following post:
Post #8

View PostBalderdash, on Jun 1 2006, 11:31 AM, said:

This ass ought to be drawn and quartered and I mean the Judge.

This post is a violation of Guideline 2:

2. Posters are free to criticize shows, actors, producers, writers, executives, and any other public figure. However, please try to keep it about the person's work. For instance, it's perfectly acceptable to say "X can't write dialogue." It is completely unacceptable to say "X should be shot for the good of humanity." Obviously, most situations are grayer; please use your best judgment.

Please don't state that any public figure should be killed or have harm done to them in some manner.  While we understand the strong feelings situations like this can cause and many of us share them stating that the public figure involved should be harmed doesn't contribute anything of use to the situation.  Everyone is free to vent their frustrations and state what they think should be done within the limits of the law.  

If you have any questions about this warning please contact me by PM or ask about it in AQG.

LOTS: In regards to the following post above:
Post #11
If you think this crimminal should have the death penalty through the justice system then we don't warn for that. That is discussing a criminal case that is going through the justice system.  If you state some sort of sentence should be carried out by the state then it would be a case of letting the justice system run its course. Where we warn is when a poster says someone should be shot like a case of "vigilante justice" and other similar such cases that step outside the law. That said using smileys or some other proxy to state the same violent intent as a substitute for words won't give someone a free pass on receiving a warning. Once again feel free to contact me by PM if you have any issues.

If anyone has any questions or comments about this action they must be asked in AQG or by PM.  Thank you.

CJ AEGIS
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#23 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:42 AM

View PostCJ AEGIS, on Jun 4 2006, 08:21 AM, said:

Balderdash you are being warned for the following post:
Post #8

View PostBalderdash, on Jun 1 2006, 11:31 AM, said:

This ass ought to be drawn and quartered and I mean the Judge.

This post is a violation of Guideline 2:

2. Posters are free to criticize shows, actors, producers, writers, executives, and any other public figure. However, please try to keep it about the person's work. For instance, it's perfectly acceptable to say "X can't write dialogue." It is completely unacceptable to say "X should be shot for the good of humanity." Obviously, most situations are grayer; please use your best judgment.

Please don't state that any public figure should be killed or have harm done to them in some manner. While we understand the strong feelings situations like this can cause and many of us share them stating that the public figure involved should be harmed doesn't contribute anything of use to the situation. Everyone is free to vent their frustrations and state what they think should be done within the limits of the law.

If you have any questions about this warning please contact me by PM or ask about it in AQG.

Post #11
If you think this crimminal should have the death penalty through the justice system then we don't warn for that. That is discussing a criminal case that is going through the justice system. If you state some sort of sentence should be carried out by the state then it would be a case of letting the justice system run its course. Where we warn is when a poster says someone should be shot like a case of "vigilante justice" and other similar such cases that step outside the law. That said using smileys or some other proxy to state the same violent intent as a substitute for words won't give someone a free pass on receiving a warning. Once again feel free to contact me by PM if you have any issues.

If anyone has any questions or comments about this action they must be asked in AQG or by PM.  Thank you.

CJ AEGIS

Okey dokey.  Sorry about that but this issue is a button pusher for me as it should be for every living breathing human on the planet.  I broke the rules and except the warning without rancor and will try to do better in the future.  :)

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#24 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

View PostCJ AEGIS, on Jun 4 2006, 11:21 AM, said:

Post #11
If you think this crimminal should have the death penalty through the justice system then we don't warn for that. That is discussing a criminal case that is going through the justice system.  If you state some sort of sentence should be carried out by the state then it would be a case of letting the justice system run its course. Where we warn is when a poster says someone should be shot like a case of "vigilante justice" and other similar such cases that step outside the law.

Oh I do believe that the death penalty should be an option for child molestation, like this case. But there are different types...I don't think the death penalty should be an option for a 17 year old having sex with a 15 year old. But a 30+ year old having sex with a 15 year old...most definately the death penalty should be an option.

That said using smileys or some other proxy to state the same violent intent as a substitute for words won't give someone a free pass on receiving a warning. Once again feel free to contact me by PM if you have any issues.

CJ AEGIS

Fair enough, and I didn't mean to imply any sort of vigilantism should be conducted.

Edited by LORD of the SWORD, 04 June 2006 - 12:25 PM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#25 Caithness

Caithness

Nemo me impune lacessit.

• Islander
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

View PostG1223, on May 31 2006, 04:43 PM, said:

Maybe they should just drop him on the streets and have all the cops go get coffee.  This is why the state needs to understand that people are going to get revenge if the state refuses to give the victim justice.

Don't blame the cops, man.  After all the trouble they go to to pick these guys up, they're probably as pissed as we are that they get reduced sentences.
But, like you, I don't really mind vigilante justice so much.  Sometimes, it even gives me warm fuzzies, like that dad in Florida who punched out a teacher that sexually harrassed his daughter.  Mmmm, good justice.
Posted Image

#26 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

I am not blaming the cops. I am blamming the judge for wanting to feel sorry for a child molester rather than the child or children who are the victim.

I am saying that a PA system should sound saying a Child molster is going to be released at 5 pm out the south door of the jail. As well newstory in paper and local news broadcast. Then at 4:45 the cops who would be in that area go on coffee break and come back say at 5:15.

I am one of those that think when the system refuses to do the thing it's job that it must accept the people will get it's own justice.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#27 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

View PostG1223, on Jun 4 2006, 11:37 PM, said:

I am not blaming the cops. I am blamming the judge for wanting to feel sorry for a child molester rather than the child or children who are the victim.

I am saying that a PA system should sound saying a Child molster is going to be released at 5 pm out the south door of the jail. As well newstory in paper and local news broadcast. Then at 4:45 the cops who would be in that area go on coffee break and come back say at 5:15.

I am one of those that think when the system refuses to do the thing it's job that it must accept the people will get it's own justice.

In the case of convicted child molesters...we already have something along those lines in place...It's called having to register as a sex offender. Meaning that anyone in the community can look up and find out exactly where those offenders are living...though it's purpose is to make sure that an offender isn't living next door...not to hunt them down.

As for those not already convicted...Say what you described happened, and it was later learned that the person was innocent...that the child lied because he, or she, was angry at that person...then what?

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for killing child molesters...the legal way. With the death penalty.

But then sometimes you get Judges like these idiots...who seems to want to allow molesters access to victimize children again. Personally, I think those Judges should be charged as accomplices on that molester's next molestation case.

Especially the Judge that said the child molester shouldn't go to prison because he was too short!

Since when did height become a factor? Where is that slippery slope going to end? If a person is too heavy, too skinny, they don't go to jail? WTF is up with that concept?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#28 Schmokie_Dragon

Schmokie_Dragon

Crazy Fish Lady

• Islander
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:44 AM

I think its sad that they had to measure his crime relative to others committed in order to sentance him. So if he killed someone, and the max prison time was, say, 40 years but he didnt butcher them, torture them and throw them in acid, his sentance would be reduced? Seems like the logic they are employing.

What he did was foul and inexcusable. IMO, he should be shot. And those who commit worse crimes? We have a delightful range of execution methods at our disposal. I'm all for castrating, hanging, drawing and quartering rapist-murderers. But alas, we are too humane for such action. Lets just make sure they all rot in jail.
Posted Image

#29 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

View PostSchmokie_Dragon, on Jun 5 2006, 09:44 AM, said:

I think its sad that they had to measure his crime relative to others committed in order to sentance him. So if he killed someone, and the max prison time was, say, 40 years but he didnt butcher them, torture them and throw them in acid, his sentance would be reduced? Seems like the logic they are employing.

That is the logic these judges are using. Why they are using this a$$backwards thinking is beyond me. Is there something about a Judges robes that cut off oxygen to their brains, or something?

What he did was foul and inexcusable. IMO, he should be shot. And those who commit worse crimes? We have a delightful range of execution methods at our disposal. I'm all for castrating, hanging, drawing and quartering rapist-murderers. But alas, we are too humane for such action. Lets just make sure they all rot in jail.

I would love to see the death penalty as an option for child molesters. But I seriously doubt it'll ever happen. Judges will be against it. We've already had a couple Judges give convicted, repeat child molesters 60 days....Hell I think one even went so far as to make that 60 days probation instead of jail. So having these Judges impose the death penalty isn't going to happen.

the facts of the matter are that some judges don't care about children who are the victim of molesters. They'd rather protect the molester then the children. Sort of like the way the Church protected it's molesting priests...instead of looking after the children who were victims. Perhaps that's where the Judges are taking their decisions from???

#30 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

Here's one Child Molestor that tried to kidnap a child out of a Wal-mart...

Code Adam works as intended.

http://www.turnto10....887/detail.html

Police say Richard Decca was arrested Saturday after he led the girl out of the store to a car in the parking lot while her mother, brother and sister were shopping in the next aisle.

After hearing an alert from store security, shoppers Eric Caouette and Bruce Smith spotted a girl in the parking lot who fit the missing girl's description. She was with an older man.

"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#31 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

View PostNatolii, on Jun 5 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

Police say Richard Decca was arrested Saturday after he led the girl out of the store to a car in the parking lot while her mother, brother and sister were shopping in the next aisle.

Ok, that is strictly the mother's fault. The mother should've known EXACTLY where her daughter was at all times.

#32 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:08 PM

View PostLORD of the SWORD, on Jun 5 2006, 08:36 PM, said:

View PostNatolii, on Jun 5 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

Ok, that is strictly the mother's fault. The mother should've known EXACTLY where her daughter was at all times.

Speaking as a mother....you do your best to keep up with your kids in a retail situation.  But it is not as easy as it seems.  Kids move fast and they are not always listening to mama as they should.

The mother has some blame here...and don't think, LotS, that she isn't beating herself up over this.  

But  nobody made this perv try to snatch a kid.  We all try to teach our children not to fall for the lures that child molesters use but as shown by tv reports, no matter how much we try to teach our kids not to do some things, like ....they still do anyway. No one thinks it will happen to them.  Until it does. And it happens very quickly.  

As for me....I do keep mine with me or a family member at all times.  But  I seldom take them to a store together...unless I have a second adult (usually my mother) to help keep'em entertained.  An extra set of eyes never hurts.  

I don't leave my kids alone anywhere in the store or let them out of sight ... but not every parent does things the same way or is such a control freak like me when it comes to those situations.  

Remember our awareness---or should I say my awareness--- of child abductions started with Adam Walsh, son of John Walsh of America's Most Wanted fame.  Adam was snatched or lured from the toy section of a Kmart back in the late 70's or early 80's.  But as a child myself at that time it made a major and lasting impression on me.  Thus why I am so careful in the store with my children.

Edited by trikay, 05 June 2006 - 04:09 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#33 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

I have to agree with Trikay here LotS - I'm not a parent but I am an aunt. One brothers kids are the best behaved I've ever been around - and thats not just 'family' speaking - for I also have to admit that my other brother's kids are walking nightmares.

But the 'behaved' side...I have  turned around in my mom's oversized kitchen to pick up a glass of water - not fill it, but a moderately slow turn to pick up an already full glass, and turn back - elapsed time - perhaps three seconds...and they can be gone, and silently enough that I never heard them move.

Now imagine the simple act of turning away long enough to pick up a can of some thing and turning back - lets say ten seconds, or even half a minute...and they are gone - and in a noisy store like Walmart - there's no way you're going to hear them.

You can't keep your eyes upon them every single moment - no shopping would get done and the unintentional cart vs cart accidents would be countless.

Yes her family should have kept a better eyes on her- it wasn't her mother alone. My brother's family works on the buddy system- If you leave mom's/dad's side you all go together and hold hands!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#34 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

View Posttrikay, on Jun 5 2006, 05:08 PM, said:

But  nobody made this perv try to snatch a kid.

True. I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't to blame also. I just remember being in the store with my mother when I was a child...I swear that woman had eyes in the back of her head. She seemed to know exactly where I was, and what I was doing.

But, of course I was young then, so I could be mistaken about her knowing exactly where I was at all times. It certainly seemed like it though.

And you're right, the mother probably is kicking herself for this...and I seriously doubt that child will ever be out of mom's sight again, while in the store.

#35 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:32 PM

View PostShalamar, on Jun 5 2006, 05:22 PM, said:

Now imagine the simple act of turning away long enough to pick up a can of some thing and turning back - lets say ten seconds, or even half a minute...and they are gone - and in a noisy store like Walmart - there's no way you're going to hear them.

Oh I hear what you're saying. But when I was growing up it was impressed upon me that if you are going to leave the group, or the parent, you tell them where you're going. If you left and didn't inform where you were going...there was hell to pay.

Perhaps that's what happened here? Perhaps the girl told her mom she would be on the other isle...but it came across as the child just leaving.

#36 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:38 PM

LOL LotS - thats the way it was for me and my brothers too!

But I can make the obvservation that most parent today don't seem to know how to parent, or don't seem to care..

Please no one here think that I am condeming all parents - I know may who are absolutely fabulous parents, and I see how hard they work to be great parents...

But I also see so many more who have no clue, and no willingness to take the time and effort to be a parent.

The things I see kids getting away with and all the rampant luxuries they seem to demand- and get given aa a 'right', not a priviledge..
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#37 Natolii

Natolii
  • Islander
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

It's not that easy when you are balancing 3 children. Plus there are so many shinies that a child sometimes does not realize what they are doing.

I rarely let my one child out of my sight, but even she is a handful.
"I have on this board written pages and pages pointing out the science, and I will be dammed if I am going to attempt to reach closed minds that donít even know how to use a reference library." -emsparks (Fenton E. Magill, dec. 1/25/07 - Love you Dad)

#38 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

What that article doesn't make clear is that he had just posted bond two days before in the other case and that alleged act was against a one year old child. I can't believe he still has the opportunity to make bail again.

Edited by Anastashia, 05 June 2006 - 05:24 PM.

The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#39 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

Personally I am not sure how my mother ever gave me the impression growing up that she had 'eyes in the back of her head'....  :unsure:  I know that I don't ....

You know as a parent you can do every thing right....or as close to right as humanly possible and bad stuff can still happen.

And I have to agree with Shal about parenting and some people's lack of the basic skills.  I live in a neighborhood where the parents just turn the kids loose and don't seem to care where they are or what they are doing.

One little boy, about 9 yrs old, showed up at my house to play and I asked when he had to check in at home. He said 'oh, about dark'. :eek4:   This was at 9am!!  That leaves a whole lot of time for something bad to happen to him.

I don't claim to be the greatest parent in the world but I do have rules and try my best to protect my babies

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#40 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:07 PM

View PostShalamar, on Jun 5 2006, 05:38 PM, said:

LOL LotS - thats the way it was for me and my brothers too!

But I can make the obvservation that most parent today don't seem to know how to parent, or don't seem to care..

The things I see kids getting away with and all the rampant luxuries they seem to demand- and get given aa a 'right', not a priviledge..

Tell me about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime, Punishment, Pedophilia, Moderator Action, Warning

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users