• This topic is locked This topic is locked
384 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:27 PM

Old Thread.....Part Three

Hi, all San Diego attendees!! ;) Here's a brand, spanking new thread to play in.....with, hopefully, all the pertinent information up front.  But feel free to post/repost anything you wish that I missed or you want to add.

CHECK THESE FRONT POSTS OFTEN FOR UPDATES FROM THE THREAD :D

As of June 17th: 32 Days! until July 18th

Those going either for sure or tentatively:

Have Name Badges done:          

Rov
Monique
Appreciate/Kathy
JustMe/Malinda
KRAD
silverwind
G1223
Heropa
Godeskian
eechick
Josh
Una Salus Lillius/Lil
Jid
flatlanddan
Emeraldcity
bob's brother

Don't have info on Name Badges from you yet:

Jon
Andulasia
writergroupie/Jill
bob
Richie
Rhys
Zephyr
gadfly
Vee
A Karas

Name Badges
Basically you get about six small lines...the more you have the smaller the font. I've changed them somewhat since the beginning. You'll see, they're nice. I'll keep reminding people to tell me what they want. And if you don't want one, no problem! ;)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 26 June 2003 - 04:51 AM.

#2 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:29 PM

*SOB*

#3 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:34 PM

Room and Hotel situation: Mostly at the Comfort Inn on Ash Street.

Room situation so far, correct me if I'm wrong:  

JustMe, Bob, and Josh all set with possible roomie of Jid  

bob's brother probably staying with a friend.  

Richie has a room - needs roommate(s)??  

Silverwind has a room - contact her if you would like to share (two beds/non-smoking)  

Kathy - all set.  

Lil and Zephyr - all set.

Rhys - all set.  

Rov and Monique all set.  

G1223 and Heropa all set.

Andi - all set.  

Godeskian, youth hostel possibly

gadfly - B&B in Old Town.

Arrivals and Departures:

Thurs:17, Fri:18, Sat:19, Sun:20, Mon:21  

Rov: Driving in, arriving Friday morning ~3:00PM, leaving Monday - room booked Friday night - Sunday night  

Monique: Driving in, arriving Friday morning ~12:00PM, leaving Monday - room booked Friday night - Sunday night  

JustMe: Driving in with Monique ~12:00PM - staying Friday night - Sunday night, leaving Monday  

Rhys: Planning on flying in Friday 3:37PM and leaving Monday, room booked Friday night-Sunday night - flying  

Kathy, Lil, Zephyr: Driving down to SD and willl get in ~1:00PM on Friday, leave on Monday AM  

bob: Arriving Friday ~4:00PM, leaving Monday AM - flying in.  

silverwind: arriving in SD at 12:05pm on Friday, and leaving Monday at 1pm - flying  

Godeskian: Probably be arriving on the 11th (Fri) and leaving on the 21st - staying in youth hostel - flying  

Josh: Arriving Friday at 12:41 pm and leaving Monday at 10:00 AM- flying  

eechick: Lives in SD  

FlatlandDan: Probably arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday - looking for a place to stay - flying  

Richie: Probably arriving late Friday morning and leaving Sunday - flying  

Jid: Arriving Friday at 1:22PM and leaving Monday at 12:15PM- flying  

G1223 and Heropa: Arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday - flying  

gadfly: Arriving Wednesday and leaving on Sunday.

Andi: Arriving Friday at 11:11 a.m., and departing on Monday at 1:45 p.m

Lil: Arriving Friday at 11:15 AM, leaving Monday.

More posts coming....hang on.....

{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}: I know!!  :(  I wish you were going to, believe me!!!!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 18 June 2003 - 11:35 AM.

#4 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:48 PM

Comi-Con Website

Special Star Wars thingy

Special Guests

Helpful Hints from Jill ;)  (taken from her posts!!)

".....Saturday is usually the best day and is the day I usually drive down for...

I've been to Comic Con for years and years. I know the ins and outs and I know how to power through the place and make the most of my time, but I still wind up missing stuff because there just aren't enough hours in the day.

If you've never been before, I think you'll really be missing out if you only attend for one day."

"Sorry, but no, there's NOTHING casual about Comic-Con. There's just a million things going on at once. How can I explain this?

Okay, in one typical HOUR of this con:

3 actors and (for example) JMS signing in the autograph area (only time to get in line for one or two)

3 different panels going on at opposite ends of the convention center:
1. an advance presentation on (for example) the Matrix Reloaded with special guests Carrie Ann Moss, and three other actors plus a production designer and the directors
2. a presentation by FOX with upcoming info on the next Star Wars film -- they've brought a sneak peek plus props
3. a TV writers panel featuring twelve fascinating SF/F writers

In the dealers room (which you haven't had time to shop in yet -- which takes several hours to get through), there's another signing going on with (for example) Sam Raimi.

And a previously unannounced signing by (for example) John Carpenter is happening at some booth in the dealer's room and tickets for that signing were available by raffle for the previous two hours but you just heard about it now.

Also, you haven't seen the art show yet, plus you wanted to grab a bite to eat

Plus, you've just heard the rumor that someone saw (for example) Joss Whedon shopping in the dealers room just five aisles away from you.

And you have to get through the tens of thousands of people walking around the HUGE convention center to get to anything. And everything you want is usually as far apart as possible.

This is just a typical HOUR of Comic-Con. There's usually more going on than that, but that was the type of thing that's usually going on.  Note, the above were examples, not actual panels for this year's con."

"That's seriously what it's like and your head spins so fast as you have to make these decisions of which panel or signing or shopping to do, knowing you're sacrificing seeing twelve other incredible things/panels/people by whatever choice you make.  Oh, and of course, at one panel they're giving away free posters, at another, a free shirt and at yet another free frisbees or somesuch... if you happen to be at the right end of the room at the right time.

Oh, and then there's the freebie table up by the autograph/entry area which is constantly replenished with different free posters and pins and stuff all day every day, plus there are freebie posters and shirts and stuff given away down in the dealers room if you happen to be at the right booth at the right time!

Phew.

And bob, with literally hundreds of guests and another thousand or so attending professionals, plus guests' schedules changing all the time... well, the best word is probably... chaotic. Even the con-runners can't keep track of it all. Just accept that you're bound to miss something absolutely wonderful that will make you cry for having missed it because you didn't hear about it in time -- happens to me every year. Last year I missed the previously unannounced Star Trek: Nemesis presentation with free Nemesis goodies handed out (though some wound up on the freebie table outside for five minutes before they were gone). Another year I missed Richard O'Brien whom I worship, idolize and adore and literally missed his signing by half an hour. I was devastated. But that kind of stuff happens at Comic-Con. There's always a million things going on and no way to find out about it all in time. Plus a lot of the big panels are standing room only or even impossible to get into as the room is full beyond capacity. 

As for the Scapers, I bet there would be an announced panel (either previously announced or posted at the con) on one day, plus several of the actors signing in the autograph area all weekend long, especially those, like David Franklin and Virginia Hey (who's very likely to be there as she's now a Southern California convention regular), who have several cons under their belts and are used to sitting and selling their pics all day.

I suggest checking and rechecking signing/schedule updates as often as possible posted in both the autograph area and the dealers room. But you'll still miss something. It's impossible not to."

"Basically, wear your running shoes, carry supplies and bring spending money.

Prepare to be constantly on the run -- CHECK SCHEDULES EVERYWHERE!

Check in with everyone else -- someone may have heard of a schedule change or signing or panel that you haven't heard about.

Exchange cell phone numbers ahead of time to keep in touch -- last year I was going to meet a friend at the con at a certain time. I was up at the autograph area checking the schedule (did I mention you should constantly check schedules in the autograph area and the dealers' room?) and I hadn't found my friend yet. So I called her on her cell and said "Where are you?" She laughed and said, "heading right for you -- I'm walking into the convention center right now!" We found each other fairly quickly.

Hmm, what else?

Oh! Poster tubes! I guarantee you, you WILL pick up freebie posters. Some dealers sell portable poster tubes which are basically a long cardboard tube with a string attached to each end so you can sling it across yourself and protect your freebie posters. But why spend that $5 or whatever? I bring a large plastic bag or a tote bag and a large cardboard tube (the cardboard roll from wrapping paper works, or if you have an actual poster tube) that I keep in the bag and put posters in it as I gather them. I know it sounds unwieldy, but trust me, YOU WILL get free posters and they will get crumpled if you try carrying them without 'protection'.  So yeah, that's my other piece of advice -- bring either a plastic bag or a tote bag to carry stuff in (freebie stuff or stuff you buy -- though some dealers will give you a bag if you buy stuff, but not all) and a poster tube for your freebie posters. If you don't have a poster tube or a wrapping paper roll, bring the cardboard tube from paper towels -- yes it's tiny, but if you roll your posters tightly, it will keep them from being as banged around.

And again, I'd say that Saturday is usually the best day, but either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday (depending on panel scheduling) would be worth attending."

"Oh, also, the con will post a tentative/likely schedule on their site a week or two before the con -- I generally use that as a guide to make an early plan of panels I'd like to see.

When I get to the con -- I check the schedule updates to make sure those panels are still happening and figure out which rooms they'll be in. As of last year, the con has finally tried to organize the "TV track" into one of the main rooms and the "Movie track" into the other main room so people who are partial to one or the other can stay for several hours of programming without constantly switching rooms and losing their seats. Hopefully they'll do that again this year.

Then I check the dealers' room schedule and the autograph area schedule and plug in to my 'plan' any additions from those schedules.

Then I figure out which panels/events I 'have' to see, vs. those I can do without so I'll know when I'll have two or three hours to 'powershop' through the dealers room.

Also, while I try to give myself a block of time in the dealers room (including any signings I may want to attend down there), I try to space the panels as a 'breather' time to sit down occasionally -- it's very easy to get winded with all the running around.

On the dealers room -- it's separated into a few different sections -- regular and classic comics, indie comics, comics artists who actually draw and sign at various booths, anime, then there are the various book dealers, toys/collectibles dealers and in the very center of the room are the 'big booths' -- Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Inkworks, publishers like Del Rey, sometimes a big props area from an upcoming movie (like the actual huge Time Machine prop last year) etc. The big booths have huge displays, and signings all day long. If you are not a comics person DO NOT SKIP THESE BOOTHS! They have media signings and freebie giveaways there all day long, not just comic books! Remember -- comics have media tie ins! The Witchblade signings of the TV shows' actors were at the Top Cow (comic book) booth. Marvel had the Sam Raimi signing for the Spiderman movie. Etc. The Inkworks booth usually gives away a free promo set of cards including cards from whatever their latest properties are -- like last year I think there was a ScoobyDoo card, an Osbournes card, an Alias card, etc. They have given away Buffy, Angel and Andromeda cards in the past as well. One of the things I missed one year -- the first Andromeda promo card!

Your version of this con may be a lot less intensive/busy than mine  but this is how I get as much possible into one day.

Oh, I may have mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating again -- often you're faced with the choice of do I attend this person's panel or do I get in line for their signing afterwards? Now that's a tough one. Sometimes signing tickets (generally for dealers room signings) are handed out ahead of time -- that's the ideal -- get a ticket, go watch the panel, come back for the signing. But sometimes you have to make the hard choice -- do I go see the panel and hope the person/people will sign for a long enough time that you'll get something autographed and get to talk to them -- or miss the panel in order to get early into the line to guarantee you'll get to talk with them. For different guests, I make different decisions. Some years, I see no panels at all, because it's more important to me to meet the people face to face at the signing. Other years, I miss the signings because I just want to see the panels. You never know who will show up at the panels. Particularly if they are big panels on big upcoming movies -- they usually surprise the crowd with a big guest or three.  And sometimes, signing tickets are handed out to a lucky group who attend the panels! So again, make your decisions carefully, but accept you're bound to miss someone!"

Tips from EmeraldCity

They generally don't post a schedule in advance, but on Wednesday which is preview night, once you have registered, you get a really nice program that has the schedule for the weekend......... The schedule is HUGE!!!!!!!

Friday and Saturdays are the busiest days with Saturday being the day all the big studios do their dog and pony shows in "Room 20"

......Sundays are generally the slower day, but that is when you can get some good deals on "stuff".

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 14 May 2003 - 09:45 PM.

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:12 PM

KRAD's (Keith) Schedule:

Updated: "I am presently scheduled for a panel Saturday from 12-1.30pm, which will be followed by a big autographing session.

The panel is on writing tie-in novels, and will be moderated by Maryelizabeth Hart of Mysterious Galaxy Books. The panel will include myself, Max Allan Collins (tons of tie-ins, most recently the CSI novels), Troy Denning (many recent Star Wars novels), Nancy Holder (tons of Buffy and Angel novels, among others), Greg Keyes (the B5 Psi-Corps trilogy, more Star Wars novels), and Matthew Woodring Stover (yet still more Star Wars novels). All of us are then scheduled to do an autographing right after the panel in the autographing area."

I'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have no idea what kind of schedule I'm going to have, though. I'm presuming there'll be an autographing at the autograph area, and I'll be doing a panel or three.

But I have no idea what my schedule will be just yet.

As for books, I won't be selling any personally, but if the store Mysterious Galaxy has a booth there (as they often do), they are very likely to have my books available. (MG also often does signings at their booth at the con. If so, I'll likely be signing there as well.)

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 18 June 2003 - 12:58 AM.

#6 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:16 PM

Con ticket prices:

UPDATED!!

Single day memberships

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 18, 2003
Pre-Registration
Single Day Adults (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $25
Single Day Adults (Sunday): $15

2003 AT-THE-DOOR PRICES
Single Day Adults (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $25
Single Day Adults (Sunday): $15

Four-day Passes:

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 18, 2003
Adults: $60

2003 AT-THE-DOOR PRICES
Adults: $60

First go here:

http://www.comic-con.org/

Then click on the center box that says Comic-Con International

On the left hand side of the new page, go down to Registration and click

Go down to the bottom and download the form to mail in. The address is right on the form. You need Adobe to access it.

Other than that....everything offered right now is the 4 day offer. So far no word on single day tickets. The prices are different based on when you send your money in.

If anyone gets into on single day prices, please post and I'll add it here, too. :)  Remember this is just for information.  Some of us have bought the pass, many haven't.  I'm not suggesting anything or suggesting we go to the con every day.  It's all up to you.....I'm just providing the information. ;)

UPDATE already:

By me:  :blush:  Email from ComicCon:

Hello,
Single day prices are to be announced and registration forms should be
available in a few months. Please send your mailing address, referencing
your request, and I'll mail the single day registration form to you once it
has become available
Thanks,
Ruben

Here's the ComicCon email: cciweb@nucgen.com

Hope this helps!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 08 June 2003 - 11:56 AM.

#7 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:28 PM

Hotel information:

Comfort Inn Downtown
719 Ash Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: 619-232-2525
Fax: 619-687-3024

Hotel Description
The Comfort Inn Downtown is a tourist class hotel located in the heart of beautiful downtown San Diego and only 5 minutes from the San Diego International Airport. Guest rooms feature contemporary decor and include all the modern amenities and room appointments that guests have come to expect. Along with highly competitive rates, the hotels offer guests exceptional rooms and great amenities. The hotel has been recognized for their excellence in hospitality, service and appearance. The hotel staff is available to assist guests with any needs that they may have. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. laundry service, fax and copy services, car rental service, tour desk and complimentary parking. Hotel is within walking distance of fine dining, shopping and entertainment.

Parking Per Day(subject to change): Complimentary

Year Built
Last Renovation 1996
Chain Affiliation Choice Hotels
Number of Rooms 67
Number of Suites 0
Number of Floors 3
Check In 3:00pm
Check Out 12:00 Noon
Credit Cards Accepted All Major Credit Cards

Hotel Features:
Business Center
Room Access: outside/unenclosed
Ice Machines on Floors Room Service: 24 Hour

Room Features:
1 Phone
Hair Dryer
Handicapped Rooms
Individual Climate Control
Alarm Clock
Iron & Ironing Board
Coffee Maker
Comp Breakfast
Radio/Clock Radio
Cots/Rollaways
Television
Dataport
Desk/Workspace

OUR HOTEL

Click the second hotel and see if you get the page.

Plus:

In the heart of beautiful downtown San Diego, the Comfort Inn offers beautifully refurbished guest rooms and suites overlooking San Diego City and Harbor

Courtesy Airport Shuttle
Deluxe Continental Breakfast
Free Local Phone Calls & Data Port Phones
In-Room Coffee
HBO Channel
Free On-site Parking
Oversized Spa
Valet Laundry Service

Walking Distance To...... San Diego Convention Center, Horton Plaza Shopping Center, Gaslamp Quarter Restaurants & Entertainment, Balboa Park, home of the San Diego Zoo, Harbor Dinner tours and the San Diego Trolley, your easiest connection to Seaport Village, Old Town, Qualcomm Stadium and Mexico.

5 Minutes Drive To..... Beaches, Sea World, Old Town, Lindbergh Field International Airport, Golf, Tennis. Mission & Fashion Valley Shopping Centers and Qualcomm Stadium.

Jid's link for the hotel, too

Other activities in San Diego:

Official San Diego Website

San Diego Zoo

SD Wild Animal Park

Sea World

Balboa Park

If anyone wants to post other links or idea, I'll copy them here too.

Maps:

If Jid will kindly repost his map link, I'd like to put it here ;).

Jid's Super Map page

Restaurants, etc:

Same here....we can use this for restaurants and anything else people find or want me to link to and post stuff for.

Plans for meetings, what to bring, what to do, etc:

Ideas:
Bring stuff to use in the rooms to party and hang out.

Updated:We will meet in the hotel lobby, or whatever passes as the lobby, at 5:00 PM on Friday. No, we won't leave anyone if they're a bit late.

Have one nice dinner out.

Have a dinner on Sunday to finish off the weekend.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 18 June 2003 - 01:02 AM.

#8 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:29 PM

UPDATED 6/17/03

Special Guests people want to see:

The Farscape cast members that will be appearing SO FAR are Ben Browder, Francesca Buller, Lani Tupu, Wayne Pygram, Jonathan Hardy, David Franklin and Virginia Hey.

Updated by Emeraldcity! "....the tentative schedule for the Farscape panel is 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm on FRIDAY!!!!!! Just wanted to give you a heads up. Now that is tentative at this point, but I don't think it will change."

Fascape Actors: Esp. Lani Tupu, who had many posts dedicated to him. ;)

by KRAD: All I know is that Lani Tupu, Jonathan Hardy, David Franklin, and Raelee Hill were all talking about attending Comic-Con when I met them at Galaxy Con in Baltimore last month.

By EmeraldCity: I will be there with "my boys". And if you are curious, my boys are Lani Tupu, Jonathan Hardy, and Wayne Pygram. Since I visited here last many moons ago, I got myself a new job......... that is convention manager for several Farscape cast members!!! So it would be great, even though I will be working, for everyone to stop by and say "hi"!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the boys will be at Comic Con, and so will Virginia Hey. There will most likely be a couple more Farscape guests coming as well, I am just waiting for a final word. I will let you all know when that is finalized.......

J. Michael Straczynski - "The creator of TV series Bablyon 5 and Jeremiah is also one of the hottest comic writers."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 18 June 2003 - 01:05 AM.

#9 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:32 PM

YIPPEE!!!

Even though I'm not sure I'll be going, I'm still excited about the whole thing.

Balboa Park.....*sigh*  Such good memories from the last time I went to SD.  My mom is dead det against me going, but I fugure I'm legal age so I can damn well do what I want.

-Dan

:ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#10 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:35 PM

Map Links through here :)

Hope I can figure out a way to go
cervisiam tene rem specta

#11 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:39 PM

Dan, damn right you can!! We're still looking for you to come! :)

Jid....thanks for the link...I also put it up in the "maps" section.  Thank so much! :D  And I hope you can figure out a way too. :)

#12 Nureek

Nureek

Nureek of Squrlookal out of Hanunga by Rotut

• Islander
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:49 PM

*sniff* Wanna go!!

*eyes brighten as she realizes something*

Mmm, I wonder if this is the same convention that the indy comic companies I draw for are going to have a booth at?  I'll have to find that out.  At least that way I can be there in paper form!

Edited by Nureek, 14 May 2003 - 09:51 PM.

#13 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:52 PM

It was suggested in the other thread by G and Jid that we might bring some things for the rooms....such as knives, food to have lunch with instead of buying, etc.  Some of this is a personal thing--I'd think everyone would bring their own food or buy it or split it with someone if they wanted.

But I'm going to try to bring my mom's big icechest and some knives for cutting stuff.  Oh, yeah, and my favorite Margarita mix just in case they don't have it in SD. ;)

Anyone else have any ideas of what we might need or want?

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:10 PM

i'm going to treat it just like my last visit to comic-con

i'm going to go in with my eyes open, a hand on my wallet, and being willing to see some great stuff

besides, going hungry for three days is cheaper than eating :p

and i very much doubt that mr. Pygram would remember me, but i am looking forward to seeing him again

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#15 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:30 PM

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:v

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#16 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:40 PM

For the record, (not that anyone actually cares ;)) don't count on my arrival/departure times as listed.  I went back to orbitz.com Monday to double-check when I'm supposed to leave, and they frelled with my times! :o  :angry: I lost 3 hours in SD on both ends, so. . .I'm probably going to dump those tickets and get some new ones (thank goodness prices are down a LOT from when I booked my ticket).  So. . .Yeah.  Stupid plane tickets.  :Oo:
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#17 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:59 PM

^ Yes, that's the unfortunate thing about booking in a different quarter than you intend to fly particularly in this economy with so many airlines cutting back or shifting their routes.  

I still haven't decided on Sunday or Monday yet.  I need to check on my comp time, holidays, and such.  Perhaps I can earn some more comp time soon so I don't feel like I'm pushing it to take that extra day.

I do have a room booked at a B&B in Old Town so I have a place to stay. I haven't decided on renting a car yet though someone here at work suggested I might just rent the car for the days I intend to do things out of the Old Town/DownTown area of San Diego because parking is an issue. I've also been told that San Diego is very easy to walk.

#18 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:00 AM

Let's see. Name badge.  Well I know the handle:

UnaSalusLillius

Not quite sure what to put other than that.

:wacko:
Posted Image

#19 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, I want a nametag, but not sure what to put on it...

Rhys
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#20 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:09 AM

Rhys, on May 14 2003, 03:33 PM, said:

Yeah, I want a nametag, but not sure what to put on it...

Rhys
<very little voice> Um...there's always god Zilla.</very little voice>

;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users