• This topic is locked This topic is locked
384 replies to this topic

#361 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:14 AM

OOHHHH!  I'VE GOT PANEL NEWS!!! RUMOR ALERT!!!  RUMOR ALERT!!!

According to a reliable source, who got it from another source, SciFi is trying to arrange Amanda Tapping and Don Davis for a Stargate Panel at Comic Con!  More news if I hear of it! :)

So many panels, so little time...

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#362 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:17 AM

writergroupie, on Jun 24 2003, 11:15 AM, said:

OOHHHH!  I'VE GOT PANEL NEWS!!! RUMOR ALERT!!!  RUMOR ALERT!!!

According to a reliable source, who got it from another source, SciFi is trying to arrange Amanda Tapping and Don Davis for a Stargate Panel at Comic Con!  More news if I hear of it! :)

Jill
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That would be MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D
Posted Image

#363 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:38 AM

Una Salus Lillius, on Jun 24 2003, 11:18 AM, said:

writergroupie, on Jun 24 2003, 11:15 AM, said:

OOHHHH!  I'VE GOT PANEL NEWS!!! RUMOR ALERT!!!  RUMOR ALERT!!!

According to a reliable source, who got it from another source, SciFi is trying to arrange Amanda Tapping and Don Davis for a Stargate Panel at Comic Con!  More news if I hear of it! :)

Jill
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That would be MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D
YES!!!!! Amanda is soooooooo cool!!  I saw her in Tulsa and she was just terrific on stage.  Thanks, Jill.  We'll be waiting for more i info! :D

#364 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:22 PM

^ bob will not wear any nametag that says purple-anything on it. :p

Well, THAT just crashed my illusions. ;)

*schemes*

And yay Ro! If you could come, that would be great! The more Dangerously Slow Alumni, the better, I say!  :cool:
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#365 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:13 AM

Um you'all might want to check this out. It seems New Line will be there with a LotR booth!   Now if they'd just bring some of the actors with them.......   :love:

#366 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:12 AM

*gasp*  3 whole hours and no one has come in to drool yet?! :o

I'm shocked! ;) :alien:
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#367 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:19 AM

gadfly, on Jun 25 2003, 01:14 PM, said:

Um you'all might want to check this out. It seems New Line will be there with a LotR booth!   Now if they'd just bring some of the actors with them.......   :love:
[Neo]  Whoa!  [/Neo]

*DROOL*

:cool:
Posted Image

#368 Laoise

Laoise

I am bounce around so well

• Islander
  • 714 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:31 AM

silverwind, on Jun 25 2003, 05:13 PM, said:

*gasp*  3 whole hours and no one has come in to drool yet?! :o

I'm shocked! ;) :alien:
*drools over all three of the hours* ;)
Being Liberal means never having to say you're Tory.

#369 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:48 AM

[i]Dan struggles to breath through the drool[I]

live....action.....

-Dan

:ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#370 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:33 AM

DROOLING!!!!!!!!!!  That's going to be cool!!  It seems there might be something to see nearly every day now, at least for a few hours. :D :D

#371 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:32 PM

Okay, here's what I bought and am bringing, so we don't need to buy.  Trust me, there's plenty!! ;)  Unless we run out of papertowels.

Paper napkins
paper towels rolls, 2
Paper plates
Plastic knives, forks, spoons
Paper lunch bags
Plastic ziplock baggies

Sharp knives....well, kinda ;)
Blender
Pitcher
"punch bowl" type thing and a stirring spoon

I think that's it! :D  Party down!! ;)

#372 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:35 PM

With all the alcohol people are talking about bringing, maybe someone should add Aspirin to the list. ;)  (j/k!  *runs away* :nervousninja: )
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#373 Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity
  • Islander
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:00 PM

gadfly, on Jun 25 2003, 01:14 PM, said:

They will be.  Their booth is WAAAYY  bigger this year than last year and last year they had quite a bit of the cast there.  

Make sure you check the schedule for LotR panels.  They are usually in Room 20 and are extremely fun.
http://www.peachtreeservices.net

Come and see what the cast member do in their free time http://www.peachtreeservices.net/store

#374 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

^ Thanks! How far in advance are the schedules posted or is it best to wait until you get there?

#375 Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity
  • Islander
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 02:45 AM

gadfly, on Jun 25 2003, 07:31 PM, said:

^ Thanks! How far in advance are the schedules posted or is it best to wait until you get there?
Comic Con is so huge they do not post schedules on their web site.  You will, however, receive a program once you pick up your ticket and that will contain all panel schedules, autograph schedules, etc.  

Always check daily as well as sometimes the panel times will change, and there are daily schedules that are also handed out.
http://www.peachtreeservices.net

Come and see what the cast member do in their free time http://www.peachtreeservices.net/store

#376 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:00 AM

LotR ...............Noooooooooooooo. Viggo had better not be there :D :D :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#377 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:38 AM

Emeraldcity, on Jun 26 2003, 08:46 AM, said:

gadfly, on Jun 25 2003, 07:31 PM, said:

Comic Con is so huge they do not post schedules on their web site.  You will, however, receive a program once you pick up your ticket and that will contain all panel schedules, autograph schedules, etc.
Actually  ;)  Comic-Con does post the panel schedule on their website usually about two weeks or so before the con.

But there are always additions and changes at the con, so while I use the online schedule to give a general plan to my day, I always doublecheck the schedules posted at the con itself. :)

So many panels, so little time... :)

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#378 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:42 AM

Nikki Peppermint, on Jun 25 2003, 05:34 PM, said:

It seems there might be something to see nearly every day now, at least for a few hours. :D :D
Ahem.  I believe I told you so.  :p  ;)  :lol:

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

-- Me (on bonsai)

#379 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:17 AM

writergroupie, on Jun 26 2003, 10:43 AM, said:

Nikki Peppermint, on Jun 25 2003, 05:34 PM, said:

It seems there might be something to see nearly every day now, at least for a few hours. :D :D
Ahem.  I believe I told you so.  :p  ;)  :lol:

Jill
*I* believed you!! Pats her's and Rov's all weekend tickets. ;) Time to pop in and out all weekend and still do other stuff! :D

#380 Appreciate

Appreciate
  • Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:45 AM

Heck and confound it all!!!

WHY didn't I listen more promply to Jill and buy an all-weekend pass?

*Kathy smites self for short-sightedness*

ANYHoooo....

Here are some updates on meal plans, etc.

I just got off the phone with Debbie, the manager of the Comfort Inn where we are staying.  She has very kindly offered to let us use the Inn's breakfast room as a meeting place on Friday night, from 5 PM to 10 PM.  Rov's thought was that on Friday we could do whatever we wanted for supper but have it together.  So I believe that he plans to order pizza (I think Domino's and Pizza Hut delivers there); Jid and I are thinking Chinese; and there's a Quizno's within walking distance (or possibly someone could pick that up for folks, too).  Gadfly, Gode, KRAD, Jill if you're coming on Friday, anyone else not staying there - it'd be great if you guys could drop by!  Nikki'll have the punch bowl, erm, filled by then, I'm sure!

Then, I made a reservation on Saturday night for 25 at Buca di Beppo in downtown SD:  www.bucadibeppo.com.

Buca di Beppo San Diego
705 6th Avenue
San Diego CA 92101

Directions:

Take 15 south to 163 south. Exit at Ash, take Ash to 6th and make a left. Buca is on the corner of 6th and G Street.

Take 5 south to Front Street. Front to G Street, take a left on G Street. Buca is on the corner of 6th and G Street.

Take 5 north to G Street, Buca is on the corner of 6th and G Street.

The reservation is under the name Kathy/Appreciate, and it's for 7 PM.

That restaurant's on the way between our hotel and the Convention center, I believe, and it's open earlier if people get there sooner.

Of course, we don't NEED to do this restaurant, it's just to have a plan in place.  The prices look a bit steep at first, but this restaurant serves ENORMOUS portions; everyone eats family style and shares entrees when we go there.  So it shouldn't end up too expensive.

On Sunday, I would love to go to Old Town and eat there.  There are several good mexican and seafood places which I think folks would enjoy, particularly Rocking Baja Lobster, which is again, moderately (not cheaply) priced but a kind of fun place.  I made a default reservation there on Sunday night for 20, again under the name Kathy/Appreciate.

I DON'T CARE IF WE DON'T DO THESE; I JUST WANTED US TO HAVE OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So if they sound bad to you, let me know and I'll cancel these and we can do something else!  And of course, I'm not expecting EVERYBODY to show up....

That's all the planning I, erm, plan to do.  Debbie says she can let us have the breakfast room at the hotel other nights, too, until a reasonable hour; we just need to let her know and clean it up afterwards.

Not too much longer; 22 days if my math's right!!! :D

Kathy

Edited to fix tags....

Edited by Appreciate, 27 June 2003 - 06:37 AM.

"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users