anime

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

I'm chiming in way-late here...been out of town for several weeks.

Yay! for Kare Kano. :)   On the recap episodes, I get the impression that those sorts of episodes in anime often indicate that there are behind-the-scenes issues slowing up production (such as the disagreements with the manga artist that Rommie mentioned).  Judging from a few series that give a behind-the-scenes look at anime production, they seem to work on a fairly tight schedule, finishing up an episode the same week that it's set to air.  So, if something goes wrong, they have to scramble to fill that half-hour.  Best example of this is Wolf's Rain, where you get FOUR EPISODES IN A ROW that are almost nothing but recap.

Now, as for all the flashbacking and recapping within episodes, a lot of that is just shoujo tradition.  Lots of soapy reflection on what previous events mean and stuff. :)  You'll see it a lot in Hana Yori Dango, too.

Koi Kaze is one that I can't quite bring myself to watch.  There are taboos, and then there are *taboos*, and that one is just too squicky for me.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#42 kikin

kikin

I Like Ice Cream

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

As mentioned by others, Escaflowne is a very good one. The only one I am truly familiar with. A friend of mine gave me a full cd a few years back.

#43 Han

Han

When all else fails, use fire.

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

Yet another update:

Acquired: Futakoi Alternative, Love Hina, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Aish*teruze Baby, Shuffle!

In Process of Getting: School Rumble, Kage Kara Mamoru!, Ghost in the Shell: SAC and SAC 2

Watched:

Honey and Clover

Yuuta Takemoto, Takumi Mayama and Shinobu Morita are three young men that live together in an apartment and are students at an art college.

One day, one of the art professors, Shuuji Hanamoto, introduces his niece, Hagumi Hanamoto. Upon introduction, Takemoto and Morita fall in love with her. Morita expresses his love for Hagu in ways that scare her, while Takemoto hides his feelings and tries to be a friend to Hagu. Hagu herself, though afraid of company at first, gradually warms up to the three.

The group also includes another female: Ayumi Yamada. She is a master of pottery, and is well known by her name "Tetsujin" (Iron Lady). When not at school or hanging out with friends from the college, she helps her family run the liquor store. Although quite a popular lady by the young men in her shopping district who try to find ways to steal her heart, she is truly in love with only one man, her friend Mayama.

Unfortunately, Mayama doesn't return her love and is chasing an older woman, Rika Harada. Rika runs her own art studio. She used to run it with her husband before he died. Rika, her husband, and Shuuji were close friends and roommates in college.

The story follows these five characters in their love triangles, graduating from college, finding jobs, and learning more about themselves.

I started this series a while back but didn't feel like finishing it until recently. It began a little slow and while the characters were interesting, nothing really clicked. After finishing off a few other series, I came back to this and its pretty good. The comedy is wacky but not overly so. The romance stuff is lowkey and not overly mushy. You really grow to like these people and relate to their problems. Thoughout the series, there are several quotes and thoughts on life that were quite nice.

Morita is the best character out of them, IMO. He's a little nuts but there's really a decent and kind side to him that he sometimes show in subtle ways because he's afraid of getting too close to anyone. Mayama is the one who is striving to be an adult and to become someone who will be acceptable to Rika. Yet he is still a kid in many ways. He's like the older brother who wants to grow up but still wants to play with his little brothers.
Takemoto is searching for his future. Wondering about what and where he needs to go to find happiness. He spent most of his life trying to take care of his mother after his dad passed, and now that his mother has remarried, he realizes that he doesn't have a purpose anymore.

Hagu kinda grows on you. I don't find her that annoying anymore but she's still more of a 'eh' character. Yamada's also ok. I didn't like the 'pining for lost love' aspect of her but as the series goes along, she becomes more likeable.

The animation is pretty good. After awhile, the porcelin doll effect drops away and you don't notice it as much. The soundtrack is ok, still hate the openings but the closing and snippets during the episodes are good.

There's a second season coming out which picks up from where this one is left off.

6.5/10. Recommended.

Aish*teruze Baby

Aish*teruze Baby is a shōjo series that revolves around the life of Kippei Katakura, a high school playboy who suddenly finds himself the surrogate parent of his 5-year-old cousin, Yuzuyu Sakash*ta, when her mother disappears.

The first episode began kinda slow and was a little boring but after that, it starts getting better. The first half is pretty innocent, going through how Kippei adjusts to become a caring "mother" to Yuzuyu and their growing bond. You also see how Kippei changes to become more sensitive to the women around him. Though, Kippei didn't really seem as playboyish as advertised. While he is popular with the ladies, he didn't give off that vibe to me. A little stupid with the women, but well meaning mostly. (Then again, probably applies to all men, including myself.) The second half really becomes interesting as the series touches on topics such as child abuse, peer pressure, depression, self-mutilation, suicide, loneliness, grief, etc. There were touching moments, funny ones, and suspenseful ones as well.

The characters are adorable. Especially the little kids. And they're voiced perfectly. Sometimes kid characters get so sickly sweet its annoying in other series, but in this one, they're just..kawaii..;) As for Kippei and Kokoro, they have a nice relationship that's fun to watch develop. Though I kept thinking, 'Kippei, you baka' throughout most of it.

Animation is ok. Pretty average. One thing I found disconcerting was the inconsistency of the drawings. Sometimes the eyes were out of proportion with the characters faces from moment to moment. At one point, Kokoro looks like a Roswell grey with her humongus eyes. Overall, it was ok. Soundtrack is nothing exciting. A little ...I suppose the best term would be..girlish..(no offense meant).. but the ending song is nice.
8/10. Recommended.

This is another series I'll probably get the manga for to find out how it ends. Another thing is, how do I pronounce the title wouldn't using a swear word??

--

I really want to comment on the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi but I'll wait until I see the last episodes tonight. So far, loving it immensely. The first episode is absolutely hilarious! Love the narration by Kyon, but I'll get more into that later.

Edited by Han, 04 July 2006 - 03:48 PM.

Han

#44 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:46 PM

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Haruhi Suzumiya, now that all 14 episodes are out. :D

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#45 Han

Han

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya follows the lives of Haruhi Suzumiya and those who are caught up in her antics. While Haruhi is the character most central to the plot, the story is told from the point of view of Kyon, one of Haruhi's classmates.

Kyon is a first year in high school who had just recently been able to leave his fantasies of mysterious organizations, time travellers and fierce battles with aliens behind him along with required school. However, when he chooses to speak to one eccentric girl on the first day of high school, he unwittingly sets off a chain of events which drags him into situations entirely different from the real world in which he had convinced himself he was apart of. This turns his world nearly upside down as he is drawn further into a world eerily like the fantasies he had just managed to outgrow. At first it is unknown to Kyon that Haruhi Suzumiya, a fellow first year student, is at the center of it all.

Haruhi, being unsatisfied with the clubs already established, is inspired by Kyon to create one of her own which will satisfy her eccentric desires. To help start the club, Haruhi forcefully drafts Kyon, who only stays in the club to protect (or try to protect) other helpless victims of Haruhi's "voluntary arrests". However, it turns out that these are not simply helpless victims, but each has a specific reason to be there.

I had a blast watching this one. :D This is definitely highly recommended in my books. Especially the first episode. At first, you have no idea what the hell is going on then you quickly catch on. Then the series flips it all upside down and you have to go through the whole process again. I felt much like Kyon, the narrator. I don't want to say too much for fear of spoiling it but its hilarious and fun as hell. The episodes jump forwards and backwards in time out of order and yet, it kinda makes sense. The narration by Kyon really ties everything together. Suzumiya is a cool wacky chick with as much energy as a nuclear warhead. Asahina's so cute the way she cringes everytime Suzumiya appears and you really feel kinda sorry for her..sometimes. ;) Nagato the quiet unassuming one, Koizumi the laid back transfer student...hehe..

What can I say, I really enjoyed this one. The soundtrack is good. The OP and ED songs are catchy and fun. I especially like the opening credits with the bouncing and the pompoms.. :angel:

MegL is definitely right about this one. It feels like a Douglas Adams series.

9/10. Definitely recommended.

Comments on the first episode:
Spoiler: click to show/hide

The episode is evidently a student film made by the gang starring all the characters we will get to know. Its hilariously narrated by Kyon. I was smiling the whole time.  I'd like to share my favorite moments:

From the beginning, we are introduced to Asahina as she's standing in front of a fruits and vegetable vendor dressed in a bunny girl outfit holding an advertising sign. At this point, I'm saying, 'huh?'

Narrator: "Her name was Mikuru Asahina. At first glance, a quite ordinary, industrious, and sweet girl...but in truth, she was a combat waitress from the future. As for why she came from the future or why she's a waitress...those are just minor details. They were created with the story and are part of the strange setting that has been thrust upon us. Incidentally, its been established that she's a combat waitress..so why does she suddenly appear in a bunny girl costume?" :D

Later when she finishes her jobs and head back home to change...

Narrator: "Today's work was done. Mikuru could finally remove that sleazy costume..and dress in a casual manner."

<Asahina about to reveal her breasts...and the screen goes blue.>

Narrator: "Just to make things clear..no further filming was done of the changing scene. I have no words of comfort to offer your dejected spirits." "I'm not lying." :)

Later, after Nagato and Asahina have their second battle, Asahina falls into the pool of water and is rescued by Itsuki. Asahina faints into the arms of Itsuki.

Narrator: "Normally, one would call an ambulance or ask for help from one of the nearby residents...but this particular boy..decided to carry the unconscious, innocent girl......and where the hell are you taking her, bastard?"  :p

"First of all, where did Yuki and those others disappear to without delivering the final blow? Leaving various mysteries and inconsistencies completely unaddressed...this story has finally reached the midway point. Wait. Its only half over?"

<Cut to Itsuki's home>

Narrator: "This appears to be Itsuki's home. What I really want to know is.."

<Itsuki carries an unconscious Asahina wearing only a T-Shirt into the room>

"...why Mikuru is being carried...in that suggestive state of dress...Perhaps, while she was unconscious..Itsuki gave Mikuru a bath!?"

<Itsuki lays Asahina down on a mat>

"Yes! That has to be it! If that's the case, every one of us would feel our doubt transform into rage and then into murderous intent..but for now, let us suppress those boiling feelings..and not think too much about the matter. There is no way a person on screen would act in such a realistic manner as we are imagining." :p

<Itsuki leans in to kiss Asahina..>

Narrator: "Wait. What's this out of the blue? If your face gets any closer somebody who isn't supposed to be in this scene is going to walk over and kick your ass! Hey!"

Ah there's too much to write here. Just watch the episode. :D

Edited by Han, 04 July 2006 - 09:51 PM.

Han

#46 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

I'm kind of addicted to the ending theme, personally. I love the dance that the S.O.S. do, while Kyon looks so unentheused. :)

Posted Image

#47 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:04 AM

I have to second or third it on Cowboy Bebop (just watched the final episode) it's excellent.

Likewise on Rurouni Kenshin, that's another good one.

I haven't seen it mentioned here but alot of people love Inuyasha and the various Gundam series but since you're not into the demon or Mech stuff, you'll probably pass on those two.

An old one that I really liked was Galaxy Rangers. It's not Japanese Anime but I really liked that one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 SarvodayaLadaki

SarvodayaLadaki

Love one another.

• Islander
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:24 PM

I'd recomend Inuyasha, because it's pretty historical (it takes place in the Sengoku Era of Feudal Japan), but there's a big amount of mytholigical elements involved (demons and such), and the outside plot has a whole bunch of girly-girl yada-yada stuff (kinda like the secondary plot of Sailor Moon: OMG! Exams! Boys!)

Also, you might wanna try Ruoroni Kenshin, though the main character has the most annoying voice on this planet. It's a historical romance/action thingy.
People living deeply have no fear of death.- Anais Nin
---
We need to be the change we wish to see in the world.- Gandhi
---
When Life does not find a singer to sing her heart she produces a philosopher to speak her mind.- Kahlil Gibran
---
The artist formerly known as Gothique_Hobbit.

#49 Han

Han

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

Slightly off topic, I found this link to an appearance by Hirano Aya, the seiyu for Suzumiya Haruhi.

Hirano Aya appearance

My god, she's cute and that mature voice of hers is so sexy! :D This clip has her singing the songs of the anime and an interview with some comedy duo. Its in Japanese but it doesn't matter. For a more detailed description, see here:

Random Curiosity
Han

#50 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:39 PM

I find myself enjoying the actresses with the more mature voice. The high-pitched squeaky voices can get on your nerves sometimes. I think that's one of the main reasons that I enjoy Christine Auten's work so much. That sultry voice of hers, with the level of maturity that stands out amongst the crowd.

Okay, I'm going back to my corner now. :blush:

Posted Image

#51 Han

Han

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

Another update:

Working my way through the list of recommendations above but available time to view them is gradually lessening..but still, managed to complete the following last week. I'm hoping to finish Futakoi Alternative, Final Approach, and a few others later this week.

Kage Kara Mamoru!

The Kagemori family have protected their neighbor, Konnyaku family, secretly for 400 years. Mamori has been the protector of the daughter, Konnyaku Yuna, since they were in the kindergarten. When Yuna is in trouble, Mamoru puts on ninja suit quickly, and he turns into a competent ninja to help her.

Ever since Kagemori Mamoru and Konnyaku Yuna were in kindergarten, Mamoru has prevented all harm from coming to Yuna. These tasks are quite hard since Yuna, being both clumsy and ditzy, often enter into troublesome situations requiring Mamoru to don his ninja suit and rescue her.

This is a fun and wacky little series that's very tongue in cheek. It never takes itself seriously and while predictable, its still quite enjoyable. No serious violence, or nudity.
Yuna's a hilarious character and her ditzy-ness just makes her more endearing. You really feel for Mamoru, having to protect Yuna all these years.

The animation is good. Nothing fancy. The artwork is drawn simply. A few instances of reused footage that got boring after awhile, ie: Mamoru's ninja transformation routine

The music is ok. The opening/ending pieces were nice. The opening will quickly get lodged in your skull for the rest of the day as well as the Banana song Yuna sings which you'll find yourself humming, causing your co workers to wonder about your state of mind...:angel: or maybe that's just me.

6/10. Recommended. A fun romp.

Favorite moments:

Lizard Alien Lieutenant: The human sample is attempting to communicate.
Lizard Alien Commander: What is it saying?
Lizard Alien Lieutenant: "Ba..nana....Banana....Banana with Banana.."

Shuffle!

Seventeen-year-old high school student Rin Tsuchimi lives in a world where a gateway connected the world of the gods and the world of the demons to the human world, enabling the gods and demons to coexist happily with each other and with the mortals. The gods and demons referred in this series, however, are not immortals, but simply names for two different races. "Gods" are beings with slightly pointed ears and the ability to wield "god" (i.e. healing) magic, whereas "demons" are beings with elongated, pointed ears and the ability to wield "demon" (i.e. destructive) magic.

One day, the ruling family of gods and the ruling family of demons move to either sides of Rin's home. Rin is told by the two families' patriarchs that he is a "marriage candidate" for both Lisianthus, the princess of the god race, and Nerine, the princess of the demon race. This selection is intensified by the fact that these two are not only princesses but also are good friends and have both met him in the past on separate occasions.

Complicating things further are Rin's childhood friend and housemate Kaede Fuyou, Rin's senior Asa Shigure, and the mysterious and almost completely silent demoness Primula.

This series started out like a typical harem series introducing the girls, then having them each get a change to bond with the male lead. Pretty bland and boring the first half, a few good fun episodes and laughs...but then..the second half really starts getting interesting when the background stories for the female characters are revealed. Each of the girls have an interesting past and they're all connected in one way or another.
This all builds up to a great climax and ending. It starts off very lighthearted and gets wonderfully serious near the end. Its really a rollercoaster of a ride and whatever thoughts you had about who Rin ends up with, you're probably wrong.

Some complaints...the girls are a little unrealistic in the way they seemingly are friends with their rivals. You'd expect them to be at least a little bit jealous or competitive but I guess that's what one would expect from a harem type series but it kind of stood out in this one. The male lead, Rin, is a go-with-the-flow-don't-want-to-hurt-anyone-bloody-idiot kinda guy and that's a bit annoying too. Would have been better if he had more of a backbone. But all these complaints are for the first 12 episodes..for the second half, these characters redeem themselves greatly as they change and grow.

Lots of fanservice in this series. I finally understand what 'fanservice' means and this series certainly does it. If love is the meat of this story, the panty shots are the side salad. Don't get me wrong, a few of these ecchi moments adds spice and hilarity...but when taken to such extremes..well, its distracting and after awhile, it becomes patronizing.

In terms of animation, its good. Above average at certain moments. Nice character designs with typical skittle-color haired girls. The music is about average. Nothing really notable.

To sum up, mostly average start but the last half really redeems the series and makes it one of my favorites so far. 7/10. Recommended.

Favorite moments

Not really one particular moment, but the string of episodes dealing with Kaede's obscession with Rin and their backstory was really intriguing. Kaede, the shy, quiet girl becomes this vengeful, almost psychotic and tragic woman. Loved the scene where little Kaede throws little Rin's pencil case down the stairs, tells him to pick them up and while he does that, she drops an box cutter with blade extended on his head -- slicing his eyebrow. Violent but its a wow moment considering what kind of girl Kaede grows up to be.

Another wonderful scene is when Kaede realizes that Rin had been protecting her by lying, saying it was his fault their parents were gone and how horrible she had been to Rin. She breaks down and cries in Rin's arms repeating, 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

One sad scene, is when Rin has finally chosen Asa and chooses to have dinner at her house again. We see Kaede quietly stirring a pot while Primula answers Rin's phone call home to tell them to go ahead and eat without him. Primula tells Kaede and Kaede goes to her room. Primula goes and lifts the lid of the pot and sees that its completely empty. Kaede had been stirring an empty pot all that time. You really feel Kaede's growing grief and sadness.

Love Hina

Keitaro and his childhood sweetheart make a promise to be accepted at and to meet each other at the prestigous Toudai University before she moved out of his life. About a decade later, Keitaro has become an artist and a daydreamer, having ranked 27th from the last in the national practice exam. When his grandmother leaves the all-girls dormitory, he becomes the residential manager and soon meets up with two Todai applicants who may have been that sweetheart, since he's forgotten her name. Then there the other tenants like young Shinobu who was in despair until Keitaro helped her, Motoko the swordsmaster who sees men as evil distractions, Su Kaolo the genius child inventor and the sneaky Kitsune.

Having heard many good things about this series, I wanted to see what it was all about. Well, at first, it didn't draw my interest, the first few episodes. It had its funny moments but it didn't really click for me. The girls were ok, but a little annoying how they beat up the male lead, Keitaro for every little transgression or even hint of transgression. The first few times when he deserved it, it was funny but as it wore on, I found myself growing more and more disinterested. I just felt sorry for the guy. Never got a break. But this is a comedy series so I relaxed and marched on through the episodes. The stories are pretty wacky. And after a while, you learn to appreciate the gaping plot holes and nonsensical elements. By the end of the series, a talking cat that flies becomes just another normal part of the world this story takes place in.

The characters are ok. A few of their backgrounds are explored with the main ones being Naru and Keitaro. No favorite ones at the beginning but as the series goes on, you learn to appreciate all of them. Most interesting aspect was watching Naru and Keitaro grow closer and wondering who was Keitaro's 'promised girl'.

Like Shuffle, the last half, the special episodes and OVA, redeems the series for me. The jokes are still there but more focus on the story and relationships kicks the series up a few notches for me.

The animation is ok. Again, nothing spectacular. The music is average. The OP song is fun but the ending one seems a little too serious for this comedy series. But its ok.

7.5/10. Recommended. Probably will get the manga to see how it ends.

Favorite moments:

In one episode, near the end, I think the beach holiday episode, the female characters start singing the opening credits song, one by one adding to the others from their various locations. Its a fun moment and the song is sung nicely.

Another moment, the frantic race to meet each other at the train station by Keitaru and Naru, the failure, and Naru's confession in the christmas special episode.

Edited by Han, 10 July 2006 - 12:29 PM.

Han

#52 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

Gods, I wish I had his free time. I'd be able to get rid of this backlog that I have. ;)

Posted Image

#53 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:38 PM

View PostHan, on Jul 5 2006, 03:49 AM, said:

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

I ploughed through this entire series over the last two days; it's easily one of the best animes I've ever seen. I can't recommend this show enough- the animation is amazing (I've replayed episodes both to admire how well done some of the scenes are and to try and catch all the little extra bits that go on throughout the episode), the dialogue is superb and the voice actors are great. It can get pretty bonkers at times but most things are quite well explained- no FLCL WTFs here.

The characters are all very likable as well. Yuki- the unusually quiet girl with an affinity for books and silence- is easily my favourite character and just becomes better and better as the series progresses. Kyon is probably my favourite male anime protagonist of all time simply because he's such a belivable, realistic character.

I LOL'd at when he found that Haruhi had put some compromising up on their website- and after telling her off about it he then pretends to delete them and instead puts them ina a secret folder for later viewing.  :D

I liked how regular old Kyon is clued in about all the bizarre stuff thats going on around Haruhi and has to constantly clean up after her- doing exactally the sort of stuff that Haruhi says she wants to be doing...!

Now that I've finished the series I find myself desperately wanting more. :( I really hope they get a second season.

Edited by Talkie Toaster, 16 July 2006 - 08:30 AM.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

#54 Han

Han

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

^^ Me too. I think it will happen. I hear its a big hit in Japan now.

I found this Gundam parody of the end credits. Its good for a laugh or two.

Gundam Haruhi  :lol:
Han

#55 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:17 AM

If you look at the site, there was supposedly thousands of episodes.....but that's probably just a joke. Thus far there are only 14 episodes, but I also wish there were more. Perhaps they could show them in order this time. ;)

And I agree, can't get enough of Haruhi Gundam!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Han

Han

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:48 AM

I think I read somewhere that there would have been more episodes but most of the animators were transferred over to the Kanon remake. Hopefully, they'll be back for a second full (24+ episode) season.

Awesome pic, btw. That was one of my favorite eps, second to the concert one. :)

Edited by Han, 14 July 2006 - 01:49 AM.

Han

#57 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

View PostRommieSG, on Jul 14 2006, 07:17 AM, said:

If you look at the site, there was supposedly thousands of episodes.....but that's probably just a joke. Thus far there are only 14 episodes, but I also wish there were more. Perhaps they could show them in order this time. ;)

Something on the order of 14,000+ episodes wasn't it? The only thing that would make me unhappy if this were true would be that I would die before the series finished airing, as it would take nearly three centuries to broadcast them all. :(

The first 14 episodes basically covered novels 1 and 3- novel 2 was mostly about the craziness involved in making that student film. Alas my will is weak and so I had to find out what happened in the other novels, and after reading about them I really hope they do a second series. Although, if they show *that* storyline out of order my head will probably explode.

Also, I want this:

Attached Images

• yukidoll.jpg

#58 Han

Han

• Islander
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

^^ I'm curious. What does happen?
Han

#59 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

View PostHan, on Jul 15 2006, 02:06 AM, said:

^^ I'm curious. What does happen?

Somethingawful is down at the moment (and I'll have to trawl through the 80 page haruhi mega thread) so I can't give the link I read at the moment; but the main storyline is

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE

Yuki eventually has problems dealing with "corrupt data" (emotions) and ends up stealing Haruhi's powers and creating an alternate reality. And of course, poor old Kyon gets dragged in to fix it. On top of that, they're time travelling to three years prior; so you've get several Kyons (from different realities and time points) zipping around with other members of the SOS brigade trying to deal with this problem.  :suspect:  

As soon as I find the old link I'll give a more coherent answer.

Edited by Talkie Toaster, 14 July 2006 - 08:53 PM.

#60 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

View PostTalkie Toaster, on Jul 14 2006, 06:00 PM, said:

View PostRommieSG, on Jul 14 2006, 07:17 AM, said:

Something on the order of 14,000+ episodes wasn't it? The only thing that would make me unhappy if this were true would be that I would die before the series finished airing, as it would take nearly three centuries to broadcast them all. :(

The first 14 episodes basically covered novels 1 and 3- novel 2 was mostly about the craziness involved in making that student film. Alas my will is weak and so I had to find out what happened in the other novels, and after reading about them I really hope they do a second series. Although, if they show *that* storyline out of order my head will probably explode.

Also, I want this:
Are the Haruhi novels available in English? I'd love to pick those up.

AND WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT FIGURE!!!!! :D :D :D

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users