• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

View PostSpidey, on Jun 29 2006, 08:07 PM, said:

Well, you CAN do something about it.  Even if you are not a biker dude, you can still join the "Patriot Guard".  All are welcome to join to fight this hateful crapola.  I'm a member, but sadly, I haven't been able to do my part yet.  :(

I'm a member as well.

And in fact the Patriot Guard Riders has this down as a confirmed mission ride.  They'll be there to provide comfort, respect and honor to the fallen Mr. Tucker and his family.  And if needed, a shield of flags, cycle engines, and biker backsides.

Pfc Thomas Tucker, confirmed mission ride.

#22 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:35 AM

:smirk:  well, should the inbred f@#$@ers be serious about this trip, let's see what the first 200 grand fine (wasn't that the minimum penalty for breaking the "Protecting our Fallen Heroes" act?) does to their little travel fund.

i would personally like to know why the fake Reverend isn't in JAIL for child abuse.  there are some of his children who had the good sense to get away from the "fold" that could easily prove his record.

Edited by Cheile, 30 June 2006 - 01:36 AM.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#23 Anarch

Anarch
  • Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:40 AM

Ah, Fred Phelps.  I cheer every time he comes to my town, since the incidence of (protest) teenage lesbianism skyrockets... :angel:

#24 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:12 AM

View PostZwolf666, on Jun 29 2006, 10:47 AM, said:

That's just gotta be a death wish of some kind.  It's only a matter of time before somebody obliges him when he's courting it that hard...

oh i will be laughing so hard the day that someone gets irritated enough, sneaks a gun into a funeral they protest at and....you follow.  whatever judge has to send that person to jail will probly be privately applauding them.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#25 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:58 AM

View Posttrikay, on Jun 29 2006, 07:57 PM, said:

I do not understand why this .....I will be not call him what I really want to...man and his group are targeting this soldier in particular this time. Maybe they did not want to travel so far?  

How anyone claiming to be a man of God can spew such hatred and deliberately inflict so much pain on the families of fallen soldiers is beyond me.....

This sicko and his inbred congregation believe, in a nutshell, that everyone is going to hell but them.  They're not trying to convert anyone, they just like shoving it everyone faces that they're 'doomed' and that 'god hates america, god hates them.'

Any disaster or major targedy is cause for celebration among this bunch.

Add to that they have shown to have, not surprisingly, racist stances and statements in the past, and quite a few similarities in their speeches to the neo-nazi Christian Identity dogma.

I'm not terribly religious, but in Phelps case I hope there is an heaven and hell, so that when he kicks the bucket and arrives there I can imagine the look on his face just before he is consigned to the flames for eternity.

burn slow, Fred, burn slow.

Edited by D'Monix, 30 June 2006 - 03:58 AM.

#26 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

View PostArdenCabbel, on Jun 29 2006, 04:29 PM, said:

I have decided that actions like this cannot be left alone.

I wish to start an awareness campaign about this 'church'.

I made a blog entry on 'myspace' (as much as I hate the site), and would appreciate help in either getting people to read the blog or to pass the information about this along to people so that the populus is aware of this.  Here is the link (hope that this isn't violating EI rules, if so tell me and I will remove the link) My message .  Please forgive me if the blog sounds angry..... i am Furious.

Please note I am just want to raise awareness about the church.... nothing else.
Excellent start.   :)   Do I have to join MySpace to comment?  I tried to comment, but the registration box came up.   :pout:  I'm going to post a link at another site where I think posters will be interested in what you have to say.   :)  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#27 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

I'm not terribly religious, but in Phelps case I hope there is an heaven and hell, so that when he kicks the bucket and arrives there I can imagine the look on his face just before he is consigned to the flames for eternity.

burn slow, Fred, burn slow.

Amen. :)

And when Phelps does die, I hope somebody is crass enough to put up a website like he did about Matthew Shepard.  I dunno if it's still up (I try not to visit Phelps's websites too often because it takes a week to get that feeling of griminess out of ya), but he had a really animated cartoon of Matthew Shepard burning in Hell, screaming "For god's sake listen to Phelps!"  I sincerely hope Phelps' family (and by "family" I mean it in the most Manson-esque sense possible) has to put up with a similar cartoon of Fred burning and screaming "Oh no, I had it all wrong!"

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
But I'm never talking to you again
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you again
I'm never talking to you
I'm tired of wasting all my time
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#28 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

View PostD'Monix, on Jun 29 2006, 10:13 PM, said:

View PostSpidey, on Jun 29 2006, 08:07 PM, said:

Well, you CAN do something about it.  Even if you are not a biker dude, you can still join the "Patriot Guard".  All are welcome to join to fight this hateful crapola.  I'm a member, but sadly, I haven't been able to do my part yet.  :(

I'm a member as well.

And in fact the Patriot Guard Riders has this down as a confirmed mission ride.  They'll be there to provide comfort, respect and honor to the fallen Mr. Tucker and his family.  And if needed, a shield of flags, cycle engines, and biker backsides.

Pfc Thomas Tucker, confirmed mission ride.

All Right!!! This sounds great. I understand there are several National Guardsmen from all across the state going to be there also.

I'm not too sure how smart this group (Westboro) really is considering that 90% of all vehicles in this area are 4X4 pickups with shotguns. ;)

Edited by Lover of Purple, 30 June 2006 - 09:53 AM.

#29 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:51 AM

I believe that our governor is signing into law today a bill that prohibits protesting at funerals.

I totally agree that this guy will be REALLY surprised when he meets Jesus face-to-face.
The Onion had a hysterical item yesterday -- it could directly apply to this guy -- hang on -- let me find it -- it was an opinion piece --
here's the link
http://www.theonion....tent/node/49844

Jesus Christ, in his opinion piece for the Onion, starts with:

All right. I realize I am supposed to be all-merciful, universally loving, the Light and the Way and everything, but even a divine avatar of the Supreme Being's loving grace has His limits. I know I've said many times that there is always room for one more—even the lowliest—at the table of the Lord, but even so, there is just no freaking way I'm redeeming this S.O.B.

It's directed at some car repair guy, but substitute "Fred Phelps" for "Gus Feigert" and have yourself a fun read.
ZWolf, this may even get YOU reading the words of our Lord and Savior... :angel:

#30 Natasha Bennett

Natasha Bennett
  • Demigod
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

There was one episode of Michael Moore's the awful truth TV series I did like, when he got a bunch of homosexuals to crash one of Phelp's anti-homosexual rally twice in the 'Sodomobile'. If anyone has seen it, it is a laugh.  :devil:

Veganmom-that's hilarious! :D

Edited by Topaz, 30 June 2006 - 11:05 AM.

#31 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

Topaz, that whole editorial was so funny I almost ....well, I won't get graphic, but I will say everyone should read it -- it was the funniest think I've read on the Onion, and that's saying something.

Hmmmm....wonder if I should search their archives and see if they ever did a "treatment" on Phelps....
Scampers off merrily....

#32 Zwolf

Zwolf
  • Islander
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

I'm with Jesus!  Gus Feigert is a jerk!  He's the one who killed my frog!

:)

Cheers,

Zwolf
"I've moved on and I'm feeling fine
And I'll feel even better
When your life has nothing to do with mine."
-Pittbull, "No Love Lost"

"There are things that I'd like to say
There's things I'd like to phrase some way

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'd put you down where you belong
I'd show you everywhere you're wrong

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you

I'm never talking to you
Trying to talk to you."
- Husker Du, "Never Talking To You Again"

#33 veganmom

veganmom
  • Islander
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

View PostZwolf666, on Jun 30 2006, 05:31 PM, said:

I'm with Jesus!  Gus Feigert is a jerk!  He's the one who killed my frog!

:)

Cheers,

Zwolf

Apparently not just yours...

Attached Files

#34 ArdenCabbel

ArdenCabbel

S.L.o.P.

• Islander
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

View PostNonny, on Jun 30 2006, 07:23 AM, said:

View PostArdenCabbel, on Jun 29 2006, 04:29 PM, said:

I have decided that actions like this cannot be left alone.

I wish to start an awareness campaign about this 'church'.

I made a blog entry on 'myspace' (as much as I hate the site), and would appreciate help in either getting people to read the blog or to pass the information about this along to people so that the populus is aware of this.  Here is the link (hope that this isn't violating EI rules, if so tell me and I will remove the link) My message .  Please forgive me if the blog sounds angry..... i am Furious.

Please note I am just want to raise awareness about the church.... nothing else.
Excellent start.   :)   Do I have to join MySpace to comment?  I tried to comment, but the registration box came up.   :pout:  I'm going to post a link at another site where I think posters will be interested in what you have to say.   :)  

Nonny

I think that you do have to join MySpace to comment on blogs.  Thank you for sharing the link.  I am trying to find other blog spots to post the blog, I am just not that well versed in the blogosphere.  Thank you very much for the support, this group will not play get away with such a disgrace if I can help it.

And to D'Monix, thank you for the link!  I am glad that the Patriot Guard Riders will be there.  And you have my deep respect for being a member.  (You too Spidey.)
Posted Image

#35 Cheile

Cheile

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

^Arden, try LiveJournal (livejournal.com) or GreatestJournal (greatestjournal.com).  both are free and you can allow anon comments there.  and are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER than the trash heap that is MySpace.

Edited by Cheile, 30 June 2006 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#36 ArdenCabbel

ArdenCabbel

S.L.o.P.

• Islander
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

View PostCheile, on Jun 30 2006, 03:38 PM, said:

^Arden, try LiveJournal (livejournal.com) or GreatestJournal (greatestjournal.com).  both are free and you can allow anon comments there.  and are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER than the trash heap that is MySpace.

Thank you.  I just posted the blog at both....
GreatestJournal address
LiveJournal address

That should make the blog more friendly to access and comment on.

Thank you again.

Edited by ArdenCabbel, 30 June 2006 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

I for one am a southern baptist and to hear the title baptist associated with these swine is an outrage.

I was raised Baptist as well and even as fire and brimstony as they were, they'd NEVER tolerate such behavior. Shame the baptists can't or don't sue his sorry &*% for defamation of character.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:05 PM

View PostLin731, on Jul 1 2006, 09:16 AM, said:

I for one am a southern baptist and to hear the title baptist associated with these swine is an outrage.

I was raised Baptist as well and even as fire and brimstony as they were, they'd NEVER tolerate such behavior. Shame the baptists can't or don't sue his sorry &*% for defamation of character.

There have been more wack jobs over the years proclaiming themselves Baptists that I've always been somewhat puzzled as to why the REAL Baptists didn't sue them for using the name.  :Oo:

(I was raised Southern Baptist as well.)

Edited by Rhea, 01 July 2006 - 05:05 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#39 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:14 PM

Part of that might be because Baptists don't have one strong centralized church authority/hierarchy which could cut these guys out.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#40 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:24 PM

The info i'm getting from the PGR site says the funeral services went off without a hitch.  Phelp's hatemongers apparently announced to law enforcement that morning that they would not be appearing - and they didn't show.

On the other hand, there were around THREE HUNDRED (give or take) motorcyclists that did show up to render honor to the family.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Westboro Baptist Church, Religion, Fred Phelps, Christianity, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users