• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:25 AM

Word had gotten out that the Redmond, Bend and Deschutes Sheriffs had a plan to contain them. It seems that without a chance to mouth off, they chickened out. :)

Things, I understand, did go very smoothly.

May God give you the rest you have earned you Pfc. Thomas Tucker.

#42 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

I hate hate groups.  Can I say that here?  I really do though.  Especially the ones that use "God" as an excuse.  Grrr!  God is about peace and love.  Not hate and misery.  Or am I readin' from the wrong Bible?  :sarcasm:

Edit:  I say make 'em walk the plank!  Arrg

Edited by Spidey, 02 July 2006 - 12:30 AM.

Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#43 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

keelhaul them!

:)

cnn is saying there was a total of 3500 people at the services.  given that these phelps phreaks are usually no more than 10-20 in any given protest, they would have been more vastly outnumbered than usual.

#44 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:00 AM

View PostSpidey, on Jul 2 2006, 12:29 AM, said:

I hate hate groups.  Can I say that here?  I really do though.  Especially the ones that use "God" as an excuse.  Grrr!  God is about peace and love.  Not hate and misery.  Or am I readin' from the wrong Bible?  :sarcasm:

You got it right, Spidey, God is not only about love, He IS love.

All of this God hates this and God hates that is a bunch of crap. The only thing that God hates is sin, if He hated the sinner Jesus Christ would not have gone to the cross in our place.

Now, to the subject at hand, I'm glad they didn't show up at that funeral, the soldiers who die for our country deserve the most honorable burial they can get and to rest in piece.

If the good 'Reverend' doesn't change his tune then he's going to be joining his entire congregation in hell.

#45 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

I cried tears of relief when I heard that the funeral went off without a hitch and with so many in attendance.  Good to know that the bad guys can be frightened or shamed into backing down.  I'm guessing "frightened" though, since they don't seem to understand the concept of shame.  

Nonny
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#46 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

View PostArdenCabbel, on Jun 30 2006, 04:16 PM, said:

View PostCheile, on Jun 30 2006, 03:38 PM, said:

^Arden, try LiveJournal (livejournal.com) or GreatestJournal (greatestjournal.com).  both are free and you can allow anon comments there.  and are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER than the trash heap that is MySpace.

Thank you.  I just posted the blog at both....
GreatestJournal address
LiveJournal address

That should make the blog more friendly to access and comment on.

Thank you again.
Good job!   :welldone:  

Apparently I haven't checked my LJ in over a year, so I had to get a new password, and once I had it, went back, entered it, got an error message, tried again, Mozilla shut down on me  :(  and I had to start over.  So once I had Mozilla up again, I went to LJ, thinking I'd have to find the new password and try again, but I was logged in!   :eek4:   Go figure!   :lol:  

Anyway, I'm logged in, but couldn't figure out how to add a comment, but I will any time now.   :blush:  

Nonny
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#47 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

View PostChatterbox, on Jul 2 2006, 04:00 AM, said:

View PostSpidey, on Jul 2 2006, 12:29 AM, said:

You got it right, Spidey, God is not only about love, He IS love.

All of this God hates this and God hates that is a bunch of crap. The only thing that God hates is sin, if He hated the sinner Jesus Christ would not have gone to the cross in our place.

Now, to the subject at hand, I'm glad they didn't show up at that funeral, the soldiers who die for our country deserve the most honorable burial they can get and to rest in piece.

If the good 'Reverend' doesn't change his tune then he's going to be joining his entire congregation in hell.

well said, Chatty.  and your last sentence is entirely true.

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#48 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

View PostAnastashia, on Jul 1 2006, 06:14 PM, said:

Part of that might be because Baptists don't have one strong centralized church authority/hierarchy which could cut these guys out.

Mark: In the link I read (one from this thread), it said although it has Baptist in it's name, that this church is not affiliated with any Baptist organization. In other words...he, and his church are just using the name, "Baptist". No legitimate Baptist organization (Southern Baptist Convention) would allow such things from an affiliated member.
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#49 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:34 AM

Mark: No legitimate Baptist organization (Southern Baptist Convention) would allow such things from an affiliated member.

I agree, Mark. Despite their stance on homosexuality, I can't imagine that Southern Baptists are happy about this. And I speak as a former Southern Baptist.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#50 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:36 AM

mwahaha one of the towns that these Phelps Phreaks had requested 'special police protection' from, sent the church a bill for $5000 bucks, even tho the WBC failed to show up.

Hit em where it hurts!

#51 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:39 AM

View PostD'Monix, on Jul 13 2006, 12:36 AM, said:

mwahaha one of the towns that these Phelps Phreaks had requested 'special police protection' from, sent the church a bill for $5000 bucks, even tho the WBC failed to show up.

Hit em where it hurts!
Outstanding!   :D  :D  :D  

Nonny
Posted Image

#52 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

Right they are! Even if the protestors didn't show the police protection was there in anticipation at their request. They most definitely should pay for it.
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#53 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:46 AM

off-topic: apparently the Patriot Guard has made some enemies somewhere, the site got attacked by hackers and was taken down for a little while.  tracing tracked the IP back to, of all things, the middle-east (I was thinking it was Kansas.) and they will be dealt with (legally, although i know some chaotic and distrubed hackers, but they're AMERICAN chaotic and disturbed hackers)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Westboro Baptist Church, Religion, Fred Phelps, Christianity, 2006

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users